Vickie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all, 

We've had several questions about our new Uganda, Gorillas in the Mist tour. So rather than answering them in lots of different posts, we have some FAQs below: 

1. Porters - On the gorilla trek you can have access to a personal porter for $20. This money goes directly to the porter and not in a collective pot. They can help you on the mountain, to carry bags, cameras etc. 

2. Fitness - This will always depend on your own ability. You do need to have a certain level of fitness, but the groups will be kept together and taken to the gorillas that suit the ability of the group as a whole. 

If you have any questions related to this tour, please ask here and I will answer ::)

Many thanks,

Vickie

RogerT
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

thanks for the guides .. good to know my just short of ‘Tarzan like’ physique will see me through ..

Please could you clarify the visa situation. I’m assuming one is needed.

Is JY able to provide/assist/advise ?

If able to provide, how would this work with the yellow fever vaccination certificate requirement ?

Many thanks,

Roger

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

That is very helpful, thank you!

I will continue to ponder this amazing tour, while I work out holiday options over the next couple of years!!

All the best,

Bob

Robertkille
(Member)
Hi Vicki

Robert kille here can you help me out I know it's a long way off I've booked Uganda next

September and forgot to put down i will require your visa service my reference Number is A46476 

if you could sort it i would be most grateful.Could you tell me if I require a yellow fever vaccination

Thanks

Robert

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Roger,

Yes, we can do the visa application for you as part of our service, and you will need a yellow fever vaccination too.

Is that what you mean, sorry?

Many thanks,

Vickie

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Robert,

No problem, we've added the visa to your booking 🙂

Yes, you will need a yellow fever vaccination.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi all, 

We've had several questions about our new Uganda, Gorillas in the Mist tour. So rather than answering them in lots of different posts, we have some FAQs below: 

1. Porters - On the gorilla trek you can have access to a personal porter for $20. This money goes directly to the porter and not in a collective pot. They can help you on the mountain, to carry bags, cameras etc. 

2. Fitness - This will always depend on your own ability. You do need to have a certain level of fitness, but the groups will be kept together and taken to the gorillas that suit the ability of the group as a whole. 

If you have any questions related to this tour, please ask here and I will answer ::)

Many thanks,

Vickie