alfie1960
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is there any interest yet in the Discover Sicily tour leaving on the 5th June 2020?

Many thanks,

John (Alfie 1960)

(Member)
Good Morning John,

We currently have 1 booking on this tour at the moment 🙂

thanks,

Jamie

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Good Morning John,

We currently have 1 booking on this tour at the moment 🙂

thanks,

Jamie

Could you let me have an update on the number of travellers and the M/F split please

Thanks

John (alfie1960)

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi John,

Due to changes in our privacy and data security policies, including compliance with GDPR, we are no longer able to share the following information with customers:

Confirmation of any other passengers booked or not booked on holidays.

Number of customers booked on any holiday, the gender ratios or age demographics of such.

We are therefore unable to answer questions related to the above on the Community or via our Contact Centre.

As a general guide we can share the following with you:

Group Sizes: For each holiday we aim to operate with the ‘perfect group size’ taking account of the destination, holiday style and planned itinerary, yet ensuring the great sociable atmosphere you expect. At times, given seasonality and market demand, our holidays may operate below this number.

Guaranteed Departures: We aim to guarantee every holiday we operate and as early as possible to give you the maximum assurance. As a general guide almost 90% of all holidays dates available to book are Guaranteed to operate. As bookings build we guarantee even more, please keep an eye out on the website for extra guaranteed dates.

Just You Customers: Just You holidays are crafted especially for solo travellers of all ages and are open to all. The majority of travellers are aged between 55-65 years of age, and generally the ratio of females / males is circa 60:40.

Kindest regards,

Julia

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi John,

Due to changes in our privacy and data security policies, including compliance with GDPR, we are no longer able to share the following information with customers:

Confirmation of any other passengers booked or not booked on holidays.

Number of customers booked on any holiday, the gender ratios or age demographics of such.

We are therefore unable to answer questions related to the above on the Community or via our Contact Centre.

As a general guide we can share the following with you:

Group Sizes: For each holiday we aim to operate with the ‘perfect group size’ taking account of the destination, holiday style and planned itinerary, yet ensuring the great sociable atmosphere you expect. At times, given seasonality and market demand, our holidays may operate below this number.  

Guaranteed Departures:  We aim to guarantee every holiday we operate and as early as possible to give you the maximum assurance.  As a general guide almost 90% of all holidays dates available to book are Guaranteed to operate.  As bookings build we guarantee even more, please keep an eye out on the website for extra guaranteed dates.  

Just You Customers:  Just You holidays are crafted especially for solo travellers of all ages and are open to all.  The majority of travellers are aged between 55-65 years of age, and generally the ratio of females / males is circa 60:40.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you Julia.

This seems ridiculous to me, and as GDPR is an EU regulation, hopefully won't apply to JY for much longer 

Regards

John (alfie1960)

SarahS
(Member)
I was under the impression that GDPR related to personal information. I can’t see how tour numbers can’t be divulged.
Paul N
(Member)
Hi Julia

I'm with Sarah and John on this I know the world has gone mad with elf and safety etc but as you are not releasing the personal details of customers I fail to see why this information cannot be shared with the community. If you said 'Mary from Somewhere' is going then I agree but otherwise I fail to see how numbers/gender fall foul of privacy settings. Maybe you could explain why.

Many thanks Paul

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Paul,

As of April 2019, like almost all UK tour operators, including our closest competitors, we no longer share certain information which we consider to be commercially sensitive. We do not share booking nor customer profile information for specific tour departures such as the number of booked travellers, gender split or age profiles. Additionally, due to new GDPR related restrictions, to protect consumer data, our holiday advisors are unable to answer questions related to such on the Community or via our Contact Centre.

As a general guide:

Just You Customers: A key strength of Just You holidays is that we appreciate that solo travel is more about sharing the passion and love of travel with other like-minded people, irrespective of one’s age. That said, the majority of Just You travellers are aged between 50-65 years of age, and generally the ratio of females / males is circa 60:40. Just You remains committed to attracting this demographic to the joy of solo travel through our promotional and marketing activities.

Guaranteed Departures: We aim to guarantee every holiday we operate and as early as possible to give you the maximum assurance. As a general guide almost 90% of all holidays dates available to book are Guaranteed to operate. As bookings build we guarantee even more, please keep an eye out on the website for extra guaranteed dates.

Kindest regards,

Julia