Sue50
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi There 

I have just returned from the above tour where Just You and Johnson Coaches had joined together, I think it is only right that I as a Just You customer inform you of how Johnson Coaches portraying Just You Holidays they are involved with.

Firstly I would like to say that I am a Just You Customer and I have been on a couple of Johnson holidays so when I saw this Just You holiday advertised in the Johnson brochure I thought great I will have the convenience of been picked up and taken to and from my home.

Unfortunately I was mistaken this was not a Just You Single Holiday but a Johnson's Single Holiday the two are very different.

On this particular holiday there was a married couple, I thought maybe they did not realise this, but I later found out the following

1.  They were first to book the holiday with Johnsons.

2.  They belonged to Johnson's Seemore VIP group and they get priority so as they asked for a nice view they were given a sea view at no extra cost.  When I had to pay an extra £75.00

3.  They were told they had to have single rooms but when they arrived gave one up and got a refund on the other room.

4.  When the courier was asked about if they were a married couple he said they were brother and sister.

This is unacceptable.  Just You Single Holidays are for SINGLE people on their own. Johnson's Single Holidays unless they are fully booked with single people they will make numbers up with any combination of people, although even that is not true with what I discovered above.   I do not want to go on holiday with couples or lots of friends in two`s, I want to be with people that are single and on their own which is what a Just You Holiday is all about.

I have since found out that another member of the coach party has raised why was there a married couple and was asked why did you not like a married couple on your holiday so it is clear to me that Johnson`s have no clue what a Just You Holiday is and why people would want to be with single people ONLY.

The other things about this holiday were

5.  The courier we had was not an actual Just You courier like on the other dates for this holiday, and the group was not treated as one. Although he was very nice.

6.  There was documentation missing ie ATOL certificate, it took a couple attempts to receive this and in the end I had two, one from Just You and one from Johnsons

7.  There was more than one person listed on my paperwork this cannot be correct when you are travelling as an individual.

8.  It also came to light that a lot of the people had booked through a third party and didn't know who either Just You or Johnson's or both were. 

9.  Also at the hotel, there was no wine or water even given with our evening meal, we had to buy this ourselves, and they were very expensive so although it was a good hotel this did effect my evenings there and was less enjoyable.  

When I go on a Just You holiday I expect to be with other single people not with married couples, not with cousins etc or lots of friends in two`s.

I do feel that Just You need to be made aware of the mis-representation Johnson's are giving the Just You holidays they are involved with.  I can say that of the Just You people on this holiday all was of the same opinion that it wasn`t the same as previous Just You holidays they had been on.

I think if Just You want to continue its collaboration with Johnson`s then they need to re-affirm what a Just You Holiday is to them and not let them have control of who they are accepting bookings from, or provide the same service as in door to door or even as One Traveller do meet up the night before and I think this would be a great asset to Just You if they were to provide this service themselves and not through Johnson`s

The actual holiday I did enjoy although this issue did put a shadow over it. 

I look forward to your comments.

Sue

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good afternoon, Vickie.

I'm not sure whether, amongst all the other posts today, you have spotted this one but I hope you or your colleagues will be able to look into it because it does seem to go against the ethos of Just You holidays and may be unsettling for anyone else who could be thinking about going on this holiday. I haven't been to the Istrian coast but have done 2 other Croatian holidays with JY and enjoyed them both.

Ann

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Ann,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we're currently looking into it to see what has happened.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Bosuncat
(Member)
Good heavens.   :s

I personally have never heard of Johnson Holidays.  I agree, this needs clarifying as a matter of priority.  

I've been on the Istrian Coast trip twice, and I know that the hotel does not provide wine and water on the table at night, but this needs noting by the TM on arrival.  Sadly, the drinks prices are expensive in the hotel.

Val51
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have written a similar statement to jy but as yet not printed. I have also emailed twice , no reply. Come on jy we want answers
SarahS
(Member)
Sue,can I ask if you booked direct with JY or through the other company?
Vickie
(Member)
Hi all,

I’ve spoken to our sales team and can confirm that this holiday has been taken from Just You by Johnsons Coaches to sell as their own exclusive private solo tour. This is standard practice, and as with any private tour, we can change aspects of the holiday to suit that company – it should not be mistaken as a Just You brochure tour.

How Johnsons market the holiday in their brochure is completely up to them, so we would advise that if you would like the Just You holiday experience, please book with us.

We can confirm that we do not accept bookings in double rooms for a married couple – the reservation was made by Johnsons and as such we would recommend you direct your query to them.

We have not offered any refunds, and we would not do so as this is not a Just You holiday.

I hope that answers your queries.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Bosuncat
(Member)
Useful information Vickie.  Thank you.  

It looks as though this will be happening with  one departure to Dubrovnik next year.  I found their Singles Holiday site.

dennyb33
(Member)
I agree with you completely. On my trip in May we did have a couple of friends, but they did mix and were very sociable with others, they also had their own rooms. Married couples should not be part of the holiday. So many people seem to say what a great company JY is, sadly my experiences did not reflect this.

The group was 35 (I thought it was meant to be small groups). Our Local tour guide was dreadful, the only time he seemed to be happy was on the way back to the airport. We had a lady who sadly had dementia on our trip, we all felt responsible for her as our tour guide didn't seem to have a clue what to do.

I contacted JY on my return and was not given any answers, just that they would forward the matter on. No results yet, this prevents me from booking another tour with JY, they are expensive, I feel I would have been better to go with a regular company, I would have, had better support, all around.

DW42
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve spoken to our sales team and can confirm that this holiday has been taken from Just You by Johnsons Coaches to sell as their own exclusive private solo tour. This is standard practice, and as with any private tour, we can change aspects of the holiday to suit that company – it should not be mistaken as a Just You brochure tour.

How Johnsons market the holiday in their brochure is completely up to them, so we would advise that if you would like the Just You holiday experience, please book with us.

We can confirm that we do not accept bookings in double rooms for a married couple – the reservation was made by Johnsons and as such we would recommend you direct your query to them.

We have not offered any refunds, and we would not do so as this is not a Just You holiday.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hello Vickie. I am a new traveller with Just You and find your reply regarding the Istrian holiday somewhat confusing. If, as you say, this was not a Just You holiday, why was the paperwork I received from Just You, why did we have a Just You rep at the airport and in resort and all reservations eg at the table, at chocolate factory etc all stated it was a Just You group. Johnsons sold it as a Just you holiday and there is certainly misrepresentation somewhere along the line. I am not sure I would book another holiday with you, this feels very much like passing the buck.

Sue50
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi all,

Many thanks,

Vi

Hi Vickie

Thank you for your response, however, I can confirm that Johnson's marketed this holiday in there brochure with a Just You Logo along side which Just You must have agreed to.  Also Just You in the brochure before the new pink one it had 3rd Oct date showing and saying only 2 places left which must mean the same holiday as mine.  This date did not appear in the brochure last year.  So I am a little confused on your comment.

I have sent the same review to Johnsons but no response because the don't loose out.  Oh one other point I had to contact Just You for my  Atol Certificate  as it was not it in my Just You Holiday Pack, so Just You must have known what Johnson s had marketed and the people who were on the holiday.

At the end of the day I would like to think Just You takes on any feedback seriously, personally I don't think you do.  There a lot of things Just You are changing which people have commented onon.  The price increase, the reduction meals,  reduction in European holidays etc Come on Just You if you want to keep you clientele you have you need to listen to them.  You cannot reduce the meals included and increase the price of the holiday that seems a little unfair to me.c

Sue

Hildy
  • (Member)
(Member)
OH DEAR?, There’s me happily getting last few items I need for my ‘Blue Danube ‘ holiday 22/10/18?. 

My phone rings and it’s JUST YOU telling me there a prob with the Danube’s depth⚓️ and that 

we’ll probably be coached (!?!) from Waterloo via train, OMG? ! All the way to our first destination.  

THEN get up extra to get another train to Budapest.  

THIS IS NOT A CRUISE holiday???!

Apparently some of the group are happy to be discounted £200 and still do the “ Cruise “???.  But it’s not what I’ve been looking forward to and will want my money back?.  Thoughts please?

Hildy ❤️

Vickie
(Member)
Hi both,

Thank you for this further information. I’m going to go back to our sales team to investigate this further so I can answer your questions fully.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Hildy,

Let me look into this for you and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Vickie

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi both,

Thank you for this further information. I’m going to go back to our sales team to investigate this further so I can answer your questions fully.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hi Vickie.

I pointed this out in an earlier post, but you may have missed it in all the posts you do have.

Johnsons appear to be offering 2 holidays (Dubrovnik, and Madeira) next year, stating that there is a Just You rep as a host (unless I am reading it incorrectly).  The Dubrovnik trip certainly is one of the dates offered in the JY brochure.  

Link enclosed, if that helps. 

http://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/holidays/single-traveller-holidays/ 

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elaine

Johnsons are a coach company based very close to my home. Quite a few friends and neighbours travel with them  and I have only ever heard good reports about their holidays.

As you know I am loyal JY fan but I have found the previous posts about JY and Johnsons quite disconcerting. If I am on  JY holiday I am on  a JY holiday  and wouldn't want anything to do with Johnsons. I wonder should I start checking the Johnsons singles holidays as they are very local. It's OK Elaine there is no need to reply to my thoughts.

I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday and hope that your mobility is increasing.

Best wishes

Di

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Hildy

I hope you don't mind me making a comment regarding your Danube cruise.

First of all I am sorry that all isn't going as planned.

Regarding the Danube my cousins booked to go on a Danube cruise about three years ago with a different company. They ended up with the same situation as you because the water level had fluctuated but unfortunately they were not informed until they were enroute, so couldn't do much about it.

River levels do change, sometimes at the most inconvenient time.

Kind Regards

Di