Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'daveJB' wrote:

Why are there so many restrictions on when we can use our loyalty vouchers?

If you've had a holiday in the past year just give a voucher, why do we have to book

the next holiday within a certain time and depart before a certain date?

Just give a discount voucher and let us decide when we book and depart,

That way there'll be no confusion and no one will miss out.

Dave

I agree with you, Dave. The holidays are expensive, but worth it. However, booking another holiday within a limited time frame means finding money sooner than you would like as you just had a holiday. It would be useful to book within a year from your last holiday, if you went on a holiday in February 2018, the voucher should be valid till February 2019. Simple. 

Dyuti

Willpower
(Member)
'daveJB' wrote:

If you've had a holiday in the past year just give a voucher, why do we have to book

Dave

Couldn't agree more. Despite all the explanations (which I do understand)  the whole concept is so convoluted and it is obvious from the multiple postings that many people do not understand. Why the restrictions ?

Nice idea JY. Thank you.  It just wasn't thought through very well.  As said in a posting above some people book their next holiday way in advance. This gives them a budgeting target and time to save up for what could be an expensive holiday.  

If they do this, then they would not get the benefit from the voucher. This would prompt them to withold their booking until much later. Therefore because the time scale is then reduced it may be that they cannot save up in time and consequently scrub the whole idea.  The result of this would be that rather than encouraging people to book, the scheme actually has the reverse effect. Ultimately JY would have less people booking holidays and less information available for future planning. 

How it should be : You go on a holiday, you get a loyalty/discount voucher upon your return.   Of course there should be a time limit, otherwise people would likely hoard the voucher for possibly more than a year. So I would propose a 1 year validity (use before date) stated on the voucher and accompanying literature, from date of issuance to date of submission.   That way people have something definite to work with and not a confusing situation as it is now.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Dave and Dyuti,

I have booked a JY holiday this year, unfortunately not going till June 2020. It is a shame that I can't take it from the bill now and then I have less to pay 😕 

How about it Just You ?

Jan

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Dave and Dyuti,

I have booked a JY holiday this year, unfortunately not going till June 2020. It is a shame that I can't take it from the bill now and then I have less to pay 😕 

How about it Just You ?

Jan

Where are you going, Janib? 

Dyuti

sjm533
(Member)
'daveJB' wrote:

Dave

Hi Dave,

I agree, but the idea is too simple for it to be adopted.

Sylvia

Moderator2
(Member)
'Dyuti' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Dyuti,

Please see below for information about the Loyalty Scheme:

- Just You launched its brand new Guaranteed Loyalty Benefit along with the January 2018 brochure. When you return from your next Just You holiday you will receive a discount with your welcome home letter and holiday questionnaire which can be used on a Just You holiday booked within six months of returning from a Just You holiday.

- If you booked your Just You holiday through a Travel Agent, you will not receive a welcome home letter as we do not have your contact details, however you will still qualify for a discount on your next holiday, to avail of this please ask your Travel Agent to call our sales advisors when making the booking.

In addition to the welcome home loyalty benefit, the team from Just You decided to reward those who had booked a holiday in 2017 with something special - this is a separate reward from the above scheme.

- If you have booked a Just You Holiday in 2017 and you are on our mailing list you will receive a voucher from Just You, which is a way of saying thank you for your loyalty. The voucher will give you a discount on a Just You holiday as long as it is booked in 2018 and departs before the end of July 2018.

- If you have booked a Just You Holiday in 2017, but we are unable to post you the voucher, you still qualify and the discount will be applied to a booking as long as it is booked in 2018 and departs before the end of July 2018.

If you have any further issues or feel that you should have received a thank you voucher, please email us direct at Community@JustYou.co.uk and we can get everything sorted out.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Thanks Amy, for the explanation.

I did go on a Breathtaking NZ holiday in October 2017. The month of March is half finished, I haven't recd a voucher yet. 

Dyuti

Hi Dyuti,

I understand that a copy of the loyalty voucher has now been sent to you, and should arrive with you shortly.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

SarahS
(Member)
Hopefully, after this fiasco, the powers that be at JY have now realised that longstanding customers are unhappy at the lack of recognitition for their loyalty.
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Dyuti,

Off to Oberammergau in 2020. Something I have wanted to do since I was a teenager- a long time ago.

Have you recovered from New Zealand Dyuti? A wonderful trip.

Jan

Mike A
(Member)
Dave JB - I agree too! It is time for JY to rethink their 'loyalty' scheme URGENTLY because as it stands and as per the numerous and lengthy posts above, it is causing nothing but offence to loyal customers.
Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Dyuti,

Off to Oberammergau in 2020. Something I have wanted to do since I was a teenager- a long time ago.

Have you recovered from New Zealand Dyuti? A wonderful trip.

Jan

Hello Jan,

I had to Google your next holiday destination, never read or heard about it before, but now I know why. 

It took me about a fortnight to get back to my usual sleep routine after I got back from NZ. It was really a breathtaking trip.

Dyuti

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone

As we have mentioned in other threads, we are taking note of all of your feedback in terms of the loyalty scheme, we are also pleased that so many of you have been able to make use of the loyalty discount.

If you have any questions as to whether a discount should be applied to your booking, please can you email us on community@justyou.co.uk with your booking reference and a member of our Customer Care team will be in touch with you.

Kindest regards

Julia

Una
  • (Member)
(Member)
My sister and I went to Lake Garda in May 2017. We had booked , in Dec 2016, a trip to Sardinia originally but that was cancelled in Jan 2017 and we booked/transferred to Lake Garda instead. Does that count as "booked in 2017" - we haven't seen any emails about the loyalty scheme and no vouchers for this 2017 trip...
Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Una,

I have sent you a private email about this question.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

RogertheRed
(Member)
A word in favour. I received a discount voucher on my return from a holiday and had no problems using it for my next. It is also £50 more than we used to get. So I've no complaints.
Traveller Lynne
(Member)
I'm on the South Africa sun and safari in May and really looking forward to it.  Reading the comments regarding the £100 discounts of the next JY holiday, I assume I shall be receiving one?  However I previously booked a holiday to Dubai for Feb 2019, will I be able to use this despite already having made the booking and being a regular JY holidaymaker.  Reading the previously comments its looking doubtful.  One always lives in hope.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger

You were lucky - perhaps you had not booked your next holiday before you took the one for which you received the voucher for. A lot of us booked in advance and hence are at a disadvantage as we can't use the voucher for holidays already booked even though only a deposit has been paid.

Amy/Julia - I emailed 'community@justyou.co.uk' a while ago and am still waiting for a reply!

Regards

Jaya

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jaya,

Your message was forwarded on to another member of the Just You team. I understand that they have just sent you a private message.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Robert Kille
(Member)
Hi

Just wondering about this voucher deal I have booked the Sri Lanka trip in march next year

can I claim the £100 or is only for the trips within the next 6 months

Thanks Rob

(Member)
Hi Rob,

Yes, you can claim the £100. We've added the discount to your booking and sent you an invoice to confirm.

Thanks.

(Member)
Hi Traveller Lynne

We are so glad that you are looking forward to your upcoming South Africa adventure, not long to go now. From all of the reviews that we have read and after speaking with our Tour Managers it sounds like you are in for an amazing holiday.

When you return from your South Africa holiday you will receive the loyalty voucher with your welcome home letter. Unfortunately, the loyalty benefit can only be used on new bookings made within six months of the return from your holiday and you will need to depart within a year. Hopefully you will be able to use the loyalty benefit in the future.

I hope you have a great holiday and please do send the Just You Community a review when you return.

Kindest regards