Marion F
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I rang JY this morning, intending to book Inspirational China for October, using the discount voucher of £100 which I received in January.   The voucher states that it is valid for 6 months.  I was told by your holiday advisor that I could not use the voucher as travel must be by the end of July.  The voucher does not state this.   It implies that the booking must be within 6 months of receipt of the voucher.  It states 'Discount applies per booking.  Valid for six months'.

I did not go ahead and book the holiday because of this.  

Could you please let me know if I can in fact use this voucher, as the terms are so unclear. 

Thanks

Marion

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Marion,

Thank you for your comments, the discount that you are referring to can only be used on a holiday departing before the end of July 2018, the terms and conditions for this particular discount should be printed on the reverse of the voucher.

When you return from your next Just You holiday you will receive the loyalty discount which can be used on a booking made within six months for a holiday departing up to a year in the future.

Kindest regards

Amy

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Marion,

I thought that I could use my voucher until I read the small print on the back. My Douro cruise for 26th July does not work as I booked it in December- too early. My trip to Oberammergau booked in January does not qualify as it does not run till June 2020 😠 

So to put it politely, it is worth diddly squat :dodgy: 

Jan

ps gone with Great Rail next January to India as it covers Agra and Shimla

Mike A
(Member)
Yes, this voucher system is very confusing. After my trip to Florida last November I got a voucher for £100 off, but when I tried to use it for my 5th April trip to Andalucia, I only got £50 off, even though the total came to over £1000 as I HAD to upgrade the flight to get a place because all of the economy seats were all taken, even though there were still places available in the hotel. I have since booked another £1000+ trip in September, but no mention was made of any discount when I reserved it by phone. Perhaps JY could just 'do what is say on the tin' and give us the discount mentioned on the voucher rather than bringing in last minute incomprehensible 'terms and conditions on the back'. As per the previous post from Jan, JY are already putting off loyal customers, who are taking their business elsewhere, because most often it seems the vouchers are not worth the value stated on them.
Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Michael,

We are very sorry that the loyalty scheme is still causing confusion. The level of discount that was applied to your Andalucia trip was because the brochure price of the tour was under £1,000.

There has been no change to the terms and conditions for the loyalty scheme since it was introduced.

When our customers return from their next Just You holiday they will receive a discount with their welcome home letter and holiday questionnaire which can be used on a Just You holiday booked within six months of returning from a Just You holiday. The level of discount depends on the type of holiday, however it does apply to all holidays.

In addition to the welcome home loyalty benefit, the team from Just You decided to reward those who had booked a holiday in 2017 with something special - this is a separate reward from the above scheme.

For customers who booked a Just You Holiday in 2017 and are on our mailing list received a voucher from Just You, which was a way of saying thank you for their loyalty. The voucher gives a discount on a Just You holiday as long as it is booked in 2018 and departs before the end of July 2018.

I hope that this clears everything up.

Kindest regards

Amy

Barb W
(Member)
Hi Amy

Please could you clear this up for me. I booked my holiday to China in May on 12th January & received the £100 voucher a little later. Does this mean that I missed out as I found it very confusing at the time.

Thanks

Barb

SarahS
(Member)
I agree with Jan. This scheme is hardly a reward for loyal customers.
sjm533
(Member)
I threw mine away, I suspected it would be worthless.  Probably have to spend  £5K+ to save £100.
Moderator2
(Member)
'Barb W' wrote:

Hi Amy

Please could you clear this up for me. I booked my holiday to China in May on 12th January & received the £100 voucher a little later. Does this mean that I missed out as I found it very confusing at the time.

Thanks

Barb

Hi Barb,

I understand that a member of our Customer Care service has given you a call about this.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Barb W
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'Barb W' wrote:

Hi Amy

Thanks

Barb

Hi Barb,

I understand that a member of our Customer Care service has given you a call about this.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Yes thank you Amy & the JY team. I have received a call to let me know that I will be getting a refund as I have already paid in full. It was well worth asking the question.

Kind Regards

Barb

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Barb,

No worries, I'm glad that everything got sorted out in the end.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Wow Barb you have been lucky. Shame they could not offer me the same consideration after paying over £2,000 plus an upgrade as the lower decks were sold. I see when I last looked that there was only one place left on an August date as the rest were sold out.

The River Douro cruise is my main holiday this year having spent £5,000 last November on New Zealand. Loyalty counts for nothing.

Jan

ps just received the Italian magazine where they are offering 6 bottles of Prosecco on all new Italian holidays booked from 8th March to 30th April and must be taken before July 31st 2018. I hope nobody has booked Italy before Thursday 😠

Wendy34
(Member)
I have just discovered my £100 holiday voucher. As I am not due to pay the balance of my holiday until the end of the month can I still use it?
Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Wendy34,

Yes you will be able to use this voucher.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would like to know when do you get a voucher? What do you need to do to get it? 

Dyuti

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Rose,

I checked the booking history for Wendy34 and she is entitled to use her voucher because of when she booked and when she is due to depart.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

00Susanna00
(Member)
'Rose1999' wrote:

Thanks Amy, was afraid I was missing out on using mine, but it's just not going to work for me this time.

Hopefully I'll be able to use future ones, now that I know about them I won't be booking up so far in advance.

Kind regards

Rose

It is very disappointing that those of us who booked (and obviously paid a deposit) early, are penalised by not being able to use our loyalty vouchers. In my opinion, it really shouldn’t matter when you booked, you are still spending money with the company........

Sue

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Dyuti,

Please see below for information about the Loyalty Scheme:

- Just You launched its brand new Guaranteed Loyalty Benefit along with the January 2018 brochure. When you return from your next Just You holiday you will receive a discount with your welcome home letter and holiday questionnaire which can be used on a Just You holiday booked within six months of returning from a Just You holiday.

- If you booked your Just You holiday through a Travel Agent, you will not receive a welcome home letter as we do not have your contact details, however you will still qualify for a discount on your next holiday, to avail of this please ask your Travel Agent to call our sales advisors when making the booking.

In addition to the welcome home loyalty benefit, the team from Just You decided to reward those who had booked a holiday in 2017 with something special - this is a separate reward from the above scheme.

- If you have booked a Just You Holiday in 2017 and you are on our mailing list you will receive a voucher from Just You, which is a way of saying thank you for your loyalty. The voucher will give you a discount on a Just You holiday as long as it is booked in 2018 and departs before the end of July 2018.

- If you have booked a Just You Holiday in 2017, but we are unable to post you the voucher, you still qualify and the discount will be applied to a booking as long as it is booked in 2018 and departs before the end of July 2018.

If you have any further issues or feel that you should have received a thank you voucher, please email us direct at Community@JustYou.co.uk and we can get everything sorted out.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

daveJB
(Member)
Why are there so many restrictions on when we can use our loyalty vouchers?

If you've had a holiday in the past year just give a voucher, why do we have to book

the next holiday within a certain time and depart before a certain date?

Just give a discount voucher and let us decide when we book and depart,

That way there'll be no confusion and no one will miss out.

Dave

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Dyuti,

Please see below for information about the Loyalty Scheme:

- Just You launched its brand new Guaranteed Loyalty Benefit along with the January 2018 brochure. When you return from your next Just You holiday you will receive a discount with your welcome home letter and holiday questionnaire which can be used on a Just You holiday booked within six months of returning from a Just You holiday.

- If you booked your Just You holiday through a Travel Agent, you will not receive a welcome home letter as we do not have your contact details, however you will still qualify for a discount on your next holiday, to avail of this please ask your Travel Agent to call our sales advisors when making the booking.

- If you have booked a Just You Holiday in 2017 and you are on our mailing list you will receive a voucher from Just You, which is a way of saying thank you for your loyalty. The voucher will give you a discount on a Just You holiday as long as it is booked in 2018 and departs before the end of July 2018.

- If you have booked a Just You Holiday in 2017, but we are unable to post you the voucher, you still qualify and the discount will be applied to a booking as long as it is booked in 2018 and departs before the end of July 2018.

If you have any further issues or feel that you should have received a thank you voucher, please email us direct at Community@JustYou.co.uk and we can get everything sorted out.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Thanks Amy, for the explanation.

I did go on a Breathtaking NZ holiday in October 2017. The month of March is half finished, I haven't recd a voucher yet. 

Dyuti