Deb3
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mildred,

Was wondering if there will be a chance of holidays to Europe that extend beyond 8 days...10-12 would be lovely, even as optional add-ons?

I find 8 days just isn't long enough...and am pretty sure I'm not alone!

Debbie

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Debbie,

I will forward this on the appropriate team so they can have a conversation about this.

We always appreciate your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Mildred

SarahS
(Member)
I would also like longer UK holidays
SamanthaC
(Member)
'Deb3' wrote:

Hi Mildred,

Was wondering if there will be a chance of holidays to Europe that extend beyond 8 days...10-12 would be lovely, even as optional add-ons?

Debbie

No, you are not alone, Debbie!

Having said that, Just You, for an additional fee, have made my trip 'tailor-made' so that I fly out with the group going to the Cilento Coast the week before me, and I make my own way there after a lovely week on my own in Sorrento.

Samantha

Mo R
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debbie

you're not alone!

I do my first JY holiday to Cambodia in November with the add on and would certainly consider a European holiday if they were a bit longer

Thank you for bringing this up

Mo R

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Deb3,

I would also like to have longer European holidays... so I would second this Mildred 🙂 Maybe an option to combine two holidays into one - could also work...

Kezzer

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mildred,

I agree with Kerry - the option to combine two holidays into one would appeal to me - also longer, multi-country/location tours...

All the best,

Bob

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I definitely agree to longer holidays - even some of the long haul are far too short i.e. Kerala is only 8 nights in the country - a long way to go for such a short time. I did a "taylor made" and added 3 nights in Mumbai (which Travelsphere offer , but JY currently do not!). Most of the group that I did this holiday with in February agreed that we would like more days.

Cheers,

Hils

jthinch
(Member)
Hello

I also would be interested in longer holidays in Europe. There are only two available at the moment and I am going on the Athens and Olympia Coast one next week. A multiple country tour of Scandinavia would be great.

James

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Mildred,

I agree with Kerry - the option to combine two holidays into one would appeal to me - also longer, multi-country/location tours...

All the best,

Bob

I think sometimes the Oz and NZ holidays end up crossing over with some people,

daphnemca
(Member)
Longer European tours would be great especially for those of us who have to pay for connecting flights and sometimes 1 or 2 overnights at airports, would make the them more worthwhile.  I never go with Just You to Europe on a week long tour, only longhaul,   Also some of the longhauls are too short for the length of the flight, eg Japan or China without the add on.  Also more tours leaving from Belfast or Dublin would be great, lots of singles in Ireland and few companies catering for them.  Connecting flights and hotel can sometimes add on nearly £300 to a tour.
sandybill1946
(Member)
I also agree with the others about longer european holidays and the possibility of combining two. Also agree that some long haul holidays are also short and I always do an add on if available.

Sandra

adg29
  • (Member)
(Member)
If I am going on a long haul flight I want 14 days after so much travelling but find the holidays on offer are to short. These say 14/15 days but in reality are 11/12 nights. The same problem at xmas where I would like to be away over new year but find the trips return before.

Alan

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
I agree with this thread too. The 13 day river cruise I did was perfect and I really felt as though I had had a break. The last river cruise on the Seine was only 6 days plus an overnight in London as I travelled down from Scotland by rail. It was a lot of travelling for a short holiday.

It seems JY brochures can be picked up in Canadian travel agents now. We had a Canadian lady who travelled over just to do this tour - she had a special reason for going. She said that she would have liked it to have been longer with an add on.

jintzky
(Member)
'SamanthaC' wrote:

'Deb3' wrote:

Hi Mildred,

Debbie

No, you are not alone, Debbie!

Having said that, Just You, for an additional fee, have made my trip 'tailor-made' so that I fly out with the group going to the Cilento Coast the week before me, and I make my own way there after a lovely week on my own in Sorrento.

Samantha

Hi there Sam - this is Jinty from Scotland! you were very lucky JY allowed you to tailor make your holiday - I have tried this in the past with no luck! I would gladly have stayed 10 days in Cilento Coast - 7 days wasnt long enough!!! Will have to go back!

Donna1
(Member)
Reading this thread I can appreciate people's views about longer holidays especially where these are long haul, but I was wondering if there could be options for long or short as I think somebody else suggested earlier in the thread, the reason being there are a few USA trips I like the look of but if I want more than 2 weeks off work I have to request special permission meaning some of these I will not be able to do, for example the western USA trip was extended, it was one I was considering but now I can't as it is too long, I could just about get the time for the eastern USA trip (Washington to Boston) but it would mean going back to work jet lagged, so maybe making some of them into short trips which can either be taken separately or combined (with maybe a discount if you are combining)?

Just a thought for consideration to then accommodate those who want longer and those who are only able to take the shorter (but would secretly love the longer).

Donna