Angie S
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello,

Booking a year in advance in respect of my October 2017 trip I appreciate things can change but I wonder the reasoning why Just You are "unable to secure our allocation of flight seats with British Airways".   You are now wanting us to fly with Turkish Airlines via Instanbul.

Absolutely no problem with Turkish Airlines but Turkish Airlines with a stop in Istanbul does not quite have the same appeal as BA London Heathrow direct.

I've already had my Tibet trip changed from BA direct to another airline but completely understand BA are no longer offering that route - end of.  But BA are still going to Tehran are they not?

You say you hope this change does not inconvenience me, well yes, it does actually.  On the way back we now land in London at 20:45.  The last flight from London to Edinburgh is 21:50.  Tight by my estimation so that's a overnight stay at the airport.  I trust someone is looking into re-arranging my domestic flight between London and Edinburgh which I booked with JY?

What's going on JY? - please can you shed more light about the reasoning behind this change and confirmation someone is looking into my domestic flight.

I hate to be moaning, sorry. 

Thanks.

Angie

:huh:

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Angie,

I totally understand Direct is always the preferred option.

BA is the only airline to offer a direct flight on this route.

As we are a tours business 95% of the time will hold group seats with Airlines especially when there is on one flight option.

In the instance of Tehran, this is a new route with BA and for 2017 they will not allow us to retain group seats within their system.

They will monitor the demand on this route as with all new routes before they offer group seats to Tour operator for 2018.

Due to the group seat restrictions on this route with BA , we switched this tour to Turkish Airlines.

With regards to your connecting flight, I have been made aware that a member of the Just You Team has been in contact with you.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Angie S
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Mildred.

I had kind of hoped my rant had got lost when there were the "technical/IT difficulties'!  I'm totally over the change in flights and understand the position. I should not vent my frustration on the forum without taking a deep breath first!

Someone has indeed arranged my domestic flights however the poor soul is going to have to change them again. I believe an agent for this trip is working to a 10 day itinerary and not 9 days meaning we were to fly out of Tehran more than 24 hours after departing from the hotel.  This is being attended to.   

The moral of the story for everyone ... check the holiday documents issued.  I'm finding it's very easy these days to save an email and think I'll  get round to checking that whereas before I was more inclined to read a document sent in the post - that's just the way things are now - everything these days is email.  I only discovered the error when I sat down last night to make sure I had taken the correct number of days off work.  Any way I'm not moaning but the arranging of this Iran trip has been a bit of a ride and there is still the trip to the embassy to negotiate ... bring on the tour!

I'm relieved for the JY staff and for its customers that the future looks good and solid under the wing of G Adventures.  I've said before - JY opened the world up to me and I'm constantly thinking of my next trip hopefully with JY ... and with like minded solos of course ;-)

Best wishes

Angie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie

I guess this being an entirely new Tour, you are bound to have a few teething problems but this is an amazing adventure. I keep on reading the itinerary and hope that one day I will get an opportunity to visit Iran. Good luck with the trip to the Embassy. Sometimes lengthy procedures to just get a Visa can put many travellers off.

I can't wait to read a review of this trip.

Regards

Jaya