RaeW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is anyone else on the forum going on this holiday and staying overnight on the 24th at Heathrow? Would love to hear from you. 

Rae

chris.d
(Member)
hi Rae, on same holiday as you but flying from manchester, see at there
RaeW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'chris.d' wrote:

RaeW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'chris.d' wrote:

Thank you for the reply, Chris. That's good to know that I'm not going to be there on my own! 

Looking forward to good food and the wine, of course.

chris.d
(Member)
'RaeW' wrote:

'chris.d' wrote:

Thank you for the reply, Chris. That's good to know that I'm not going to be there on my own! 

this is the first time been on holiday on my own getting a bit nervious, but this holiday sounds what i want  a bit of everything.

RaeW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'chris.d' wrote:

'RaeW' wrote:

'chris.d' wrote:

this is the first time been on holiday on my own getting a bit nervious, but this holiday sounds what i want  a bit of everything.

I was exactly the same on my first JY holiday. This one will be my 8th holiday with the Company so that shows how much I've enjoyed the experiences. I have met some lovely people and am still in touch with a few.

RaeW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rose1999' wrote:

Hi Rae

I'm doing this trip on 1st June, I hope you have a lovely time.  There won't be chance to see your review before I go but maybe we can compare our experiences on my return!

Have a great time and leave some food and wine for us!

Rose

Thank you, Rose. Will do my best to leave some scraps for your group! Have fun and enjoy.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Rae, Chris and Rose,

So jealous as I loved this trip back in October 2015. Great fun had by all, especially when there is extra wine as I am not a wine drinker- I did sample and know that I do not like Chianti wines or the ones from a particular vineyard which I think has been dropped and they go to a different one.

Enjoy

Jan

wrid-char
(Member)
Hello there. I shall be on this holiday. Staying overnight at a Heathrow hotel and taking the hopper bus in on Thurs morning. First solo holiday, confess I'm a bit nervous!
RaeW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'wrid-char' wrote:

Hello there. I shall be on this holiday. Staying overnight at a Heathrow hotel and taking the hopper bus in on Thurs morning. First solo holiday, confess I'm a bit nervous!

Hello wrid-char,

I'm staying at Heathrow too but we are probably in different hotels. That's a pity as I have once or twice met up with others for a meal in the evening. One holiday at Stansted at dinner there were 3 of us sitting eating on our own. I thought they could be on the JY holiday but on the other hand I didn't like approaching anyone in case they thought I was a bit strange! It turned out that they were indeed going on my trip the next day. In future I'll put a label on my bag.

Looking forward to meeting up with you and Chris as well as all the others. It won't take you long to get over your nerves as we are all like that to begin with but the ice is soon broken once the group gets together.

Rae

RaeW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Rae, Chris and Rose,

So jealous as I loved this trip back in October 2015. Great fun had by all, especially when there is extra wine as I am not a wine drinker- I did sample and know that I do not like Chianti wines or the ones from a particular vineyard which I think has been dropped and they go to a different one.

Enjoy

Jan

I'm looking forward to it all, Jan. Red wine is about all I drink so hoping to sample some good ones. On the Bordeaux holiday we were tasting wine at 11 am but have decided that my palate isn't ready for it at that time of day! Hope the Italian tasting is later in the day!

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Rae,

Most of the tastings were at lunchtime with food. Only Chianti was not, not sure where you go for this one as they changed it after we complained I think.

Jan