(Member)
'Rose1999' wrote:

I intend to ask 'Santa' for a new suitcase this year and just wondered if there is a standard maximum size for suitcases going in the hold?  Or does it depend on the airline?  

I know different airlines have different weight allowance but I can't see anything about size.  I'll be flying to Italy with Jet 2 (I can't see anything about size on their site) but want something I can use with other airlines as I hope this will not be my only Just You trip!

Thank you for any advice.

Rose

Hi Rose,

There is no standard hold luggage size I am afraid, they are all different and potentially it changes quite a lot.

BA (our preferred partner) and Jet2 don't specify size, only weight.

Kind regards,

Elisa

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose

Most airlines go by weight and not the size. Obviously the larger the suitcase the more it will weight plus you have to make sure that you will be able to carry your suitcase and lift it when required!

Jaya

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Rose

I use a 28 inch suitcase for a week's holiday and 30 inch for two weeks plus. So depending on where you want to travel, I recommend either of those!

Regards

Sylvia

sjm533
(Member)
I have just found this on BA's website,  other airlines have their own rules

A checked  bag can be up to 90cm x 75cm x 43cm (35.5in x 29.5in x 16in) including any bits that stick out, like the handle, pockets and wheels.

Hope this helps

Sylvia