Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty.

Just querying something if you don't mind. :):)

I know that flight timings are always provisional, but I have just looked at this one for next year. Specifically 6th May 2016 departure from Heathrow to Split. On the website it states that this is a direct flight from Heathrow to Split using Croatia Airlines. I have checked the airline website for that date and there is no direct flight on that date, only one departing at 20.00 via Zagreb.

Could you confirm whether the website info is correct or not in stating that the carrier to be used is Croatia Airlines or not please?

:thumbup:

(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

From what I can see on our system, there is a direct flight from Heathrow to Spilt using Croatia Airlines on the 6th May. This flight departs at 10.50am. Croatia Airlines website may not be revealing these dates yet, as it is still just over 6 months away.

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

From what I can see on our system, there is a direct flight from Heathrow to Spilt using Croatia Airlines on the 6th May. This flight departs at 10.50am. Croatia Airlines website may not be revealing these dates yet, as it is still just over 6 months away.

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

Thanks Monty. Could I be an extra pain and ask what the return time is please? Provisionally of course. :thumbup:

What has thrown me has been previous reviews saying that it is a very late arrival in Petracane on the first day. I've flown into Split before and know it is about a 2hr transfer down to Makarska so am guessing it is about the same up to the first hotel in Petracane?

(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

You're definitely not a pain, it is exactly what I'm here for so ask away!!

You will depart from Split at 14.10hrs, and return to Heathrow at 15.50hrs - of course still provisional. It certainly is around a 2 hour transfer to the first hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Monty.

That is worthwhile considering then.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Asking another question so will keep it on this thread. :)

Which one of the 3 hotels in the Bluesun complex at Tucepi do JY use please?

(Member)
Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

http://www.tucepihotelalga.com/en/ 

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

Thanks Monty.

I was thinking it would be because that is the one that Saga use. I only asked because one of the other hotels is away from the main building and I didn't fancy negotiating steps, slopes etc in poor light to get to my room. 😕

CathyG
(Member)
Hi Elaine,

I was on this trip last year and I can confirm that you are right it is a late arrival at the first hotel. We checked in and went straight in to supper. A cold plate of meat and cheese had been laid out ready for us as obviously the restaurant was closed by then. I thought it was fine and all that was required before heading for bed. As we had arrived in the dark it was very exciting to wake up the next morning and see where we actually were with stunning sea views. Also, the hotel we stayed at in Tucepi was the Alga. The photos shown on the website are of the Afrodita next door which I believe is more for families so wouldn't be used by JY? I did feed this back to JY on my return but the incorrect hotel is still showing. I don't think you should have any mobility problems at this hotel. There are lifts to the rooms and I believe there is a lift down to the promenade. Hope you are well.

Cathy

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'CathyG' wrote:

Hi Elaine,

I was on this trip last year and I can confirm that you are right it is a late arrival at the first hotel. We checked in and went straight in to supper. A cold plate of meat and cheese had been laid out ready for us as obviously the restaurant was closed by then. I thought it was fine and all that was required before heading for bed. As we had arrived in the dark it was very exciting to wake up the next morning and see where we actually were with stunning sea views. Also, the hotel we stayed at in Tucepi was the Alga. The photos shown on the website are of the Afrodita next door which I believe is more for families so wouldn't be used by JY? I did feed this back to JY on my return but the incorrect hotel is still showing. I don't think you should have any mobility problems at this hotel. There are lifts to the rooms and I believe there is a lift down to the promenade. Hope you are well.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy and nice to hear from you. :thumbup::thumbup: I thought it was strange because previous reviews have mentioned the late arrival at the hotel on the first evening.

Monty (and again thanks to Cathy for this), perhaps you could have a word again with the web people re the wrong hotel being shown?

My mobility is better than it was in France Cathy thank you! The Istrian Coast holiday helped with that. 🙂

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bosuncat - I have just dropped an email to the web team now.

I've also cc'd in our holiday creator as well so he's aware of what's going on!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Bosuncat - I have just dropped an email to the web team now.

I've also cc'd in our holiday creator as well so he's aware of what's going on!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia. :thumbup:

Cathy mentioned the very late arrival to the first hotel on the first day. I think that is the reason that I have never booked the holiday. Is there is reason when the provisional departure time from Heathrow to Split appears to be 10.20am please?

Thanks as always

(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

The flights for this tour seem to arrive earlier than those on previous trips, so you may be able to arrive at your hotel earlier. However, we unfortunately cannot guarantee an early check-in at the hotel, but you can leave your luggage at the hotel in case you arrive earlier.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

The flights for this tour seem to arrive earlier than those on previous trips, so you may be able to arrive at your hotel earlier. However, we unfortunately cannot guarantee an early check-in at the hotel, but you can leave your luggage at the hotel in case you arrive earlier.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Thanks Monty. :thumbup:

nige0556
(Member)
Wouldn't have thought the check in was going to be an issue if you add the flight time, time difference, immigration / bags and a 2 hour transfer to a 10.20 departure?
SKW2962
(Member)
Hi Monty,

Can we return to the question of flights please, as Bosuncat did, I searched for the LHR to SPU direct flights with Croatia Airlines as Heathrow is preferable to Gatwick for me. Not finding any for our particular departure dates (I'm interested in June), I contacted the airline asking if they will be doing direct flights in June, the response:

"we will have direct flight from Heathrow to Split every Saturday in the summer timetable , at 10:50 a.m. and return the same day at 02:10 p.m"

The times match those you gave Bosuncat, but our departure days are Fridays. The only direct flights shown for Fridays are from Gatwick, 16:25 to 19:45 which fits with the "late arrival" mentioned.

Please can you get the flight team to give a definitive answer. People who plan ahead may have, on your previous answer, started booking travel, hotels, parking, lounges etc. for the wrong airport.

Sandy

(Member)
HI Sandy,

I have just passed this over to the aviation team and I will get back to you as soon as I have a response.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just wondering if there has been any reply yet from the Aviation Team yet Monty?
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

I am still waiting for a response, I should hear back from them today or tomorrow so I will pass this information over to you as soon as possible.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Monty. I'm not booked for this one now but it would be nice to get it cleared up.