gillbo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I like the look of the global explorer and as has been said its a good price considering flights etc. It covers a few places I'd like to see but would not be too interested in spending a lot of time at. Unfortunately it also spends 5 days in two places I've only just been to!! Will have to have a bit of a think and weigh up the pros and cons!! :huh:
wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
I see the America and Canada fall doesn't have 2016 dates .. so the tour isn't running next year?
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Magazine arrived today and oh my, the Global Explorer is fabulous :thumbup:

Trying to work out if a) I can afford it, b) have I got enough holiday and c) can I win the big lottery ?

Jan

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Gillbo - please let us know what you decide to do!

Wanny, I can confirm that Canada & New England in the Fall will be operating in 2016 - we've been running the tour for a number of years so our team of Holiday Creator's are just looking at making a few tweaks so it is not in the brochure at the moment.

janib - It looks great doesn't it!

Littlepaul66
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Paul, not wanting to down a tour before it's even been launched but (and this is just my personal opinion) the global tour is a brave departure for JY (I know they did it or a version thereof one once before but...) so if it doesn't prove a big success they won't continue with it - my advice therefore is - if you really like the look of it, do it next Sept as it mightn't be around the following year!!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for the advice on this tour. Sadly I won't be able to afford it next year as I already have a big holiday earlier in the year planned. I shall be keeping an eye on this tour though to see how it goes. It does look great and the price is excellent for what you get.

Paul

Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just received my new brochure in the post. Sadly the trend for fewer Manchester flights continues.

Really like the look of the new tour Mysteries of Mexico, Guatemala and Belize. It's outside my budget really but maybe I will go for it in 2016 and go without a holiday 2017,

Anybody else like the sound of this one?

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Have received the new brochure already and am overwhelmed by the choice. Three years ago hypnosis successfully treated my fear of flying and I have been comfortable travelling over Europe since. Further away places are still a wee bit of a problem but am happy with the JY choices nearer home.

Rae

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I received the new brochure this morning - not sure how it got wet though as it was wrapped in plastic! New tours means I will have to rethink my plans for next year. Hopefully I will be able to afford two long haul trips. I am thinking of Burma and South Africa with Zambia add on. So many places to visit and so little time and money!

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Eljay' wrote:

Just received my new brochure in the post. Sadly the trend for fewer Manchester flights continues.

Really like the look of the new tour Mysteries of Mexico, Guatemala and Belize. It's outside my budget really but maybe I will go for it in 2016 and go without a holiday 2017,

Anybody else like the sound of this one?

Hi Eljay, I certainly do - it's a toss up for me between it and Cuba for Feb 2016. I have a lot of seriously thinking to do over the next few months!

Cheers,

Bob

Bosuncat
(Member)
Just got back from the Battlefields Tour yesterday and my brochure was waiting for me.

Saddened to see that Slovenia Mountains and Coast is not listed for next year. Is there a reason why it has been removed Julia? Only giving it 2 years doesn't seem like long.

Some confusions I think as Costa de la Luz is listed under both Portugal and Spain, and Italian Riviera under both France and Italy. Any reason for this?

I understood the Malta trip was going to be all inclusive next year. It's listed as a new trip but the same hotel and details the same just branded under a new trip name.

It looks as though I might FINALLY be going back to Makarska Riviera next year, but I like the look of the Bordeaux Gourmet break!!

magpie10
(Member)
I've just been looking through the new brochure as I got back from Mykonos and Santorini last night and want to book another holiday for later this year, and the promise of 'more regional flights' filled me with hope that JY had realised Newcasle actually has an airport - alas, this is not the case as rather than more options being available, there are now just 2 tours I can do flying direct from here, one of which I've done, and the other I'm hoping to do in October (flying from Newcastle being the main reason for doing both). I can't understand why JY find it so difficult to offer local flights? Other tour operators can manage it no problem.

I can even fly from Manchester or Heathrow if need be, though this normally adds a good £200 to the cost of my holiday, but I notice these options are also getting fewer and fewer. JY seem to be favouring Gatwick more and more (it must be cheaper for them!), and I can't get a connecting flight to Gatwick now, so any ideas of going to Italy in future have been knocked on the head. I'm not a happy bunny!

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Magpie10,

I've spoken to one of my colleagues in our aviation team about your message as we don't like to have unhappy bunnies on the community who has provided the following explanation....

We currently have 6 holidays in 2015 and 6 in 2016 departing from Newcastle. We lose Magic of Mallorca for 2016 but gain Chile, Argentina and Brazil. We are of course also offering free connecting flights from Newcastle to London on selected North America tours as well.

When the team are putting tours together they look at every possible option to also offer flights from regional airports. However, as we don’t own our own aircraft we are reliant on a lot of the low cost carriers having flights on the right days of the week and at suitable times to fit with all the other regional and London flights to / from the destination. This is constantly changing as airlines add and withdraw routes and change the timings but for 2015 / 2016 unfortunately Newcastle currently does not have many flight options that fit with our regular tours.

However, we can always tailor make travel arrangements for individual customers if flying from their local airport is more important than meeting up and travelling with the group as flights the day before and private transfers may be available. Please ask an advisor who will be happy to explore this for you.

The team are always looking for more opportunities for our travellers to fly from their local airport, so please keep watching this space.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Just got back from the Battlefields Tour yesterday and my brochure was waiting for me.

Saddened to see that Slovenia Mountains and Coast is not listed for next year. Is there a reason why it has been removed Julia? Only giving it 2 years doesn't seem like long.

Some confusions I think as Costa de la Luz is listed under both Portugal and Spain, and Italian Riviera under both France and Italy. Any reason for this?

I understood the Malta trip was going to be all inclusive next year. It's listed as a new trip but the same hotel and details the same just branded under a new trip name.

It looks as though I might FINALLY be going back to Makarska Riviera next year, but I like the look of the Bordeaux Gourmet break!!

Hi Bosuncat,

There is a reason that Slovenia is not listed but it's not all doom and gloom - the team are just looking at giving it a revamp. It will be returning!

Costa de la Luz - I believe it is because there are a few excursions that cross the border but they shouldn't be there, I have marked them up to be removed on the next brochure.

Malta, it was Mallorca that was updated. It was half-board, but went all inclusive in the last brochure.

The Bordeaux Gourmet break does look good. When the holiday creators we briefing us on the new tours my mouth was watering! Please let me know what you decide to do :)

Kindest regards,

Julia

magpie10
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Thanks for clarifying that and stating that JY are always looking at offering more opportunities for flights. I look forward to seeing what tours are available next year as I'm booked now for this year.

I don't mind travelling if it's somewhere I can get to, so even if most tours had a choice of say 3 or 4 departure points I'm sure I'd be able to get to 1 of them.

Regards

Caroline

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

There is a reason that Slovenia is not listed but it's not all doom and gloom - the team are just looking at giving it a revamp. It will be returning!

Costa de la Luz - I believe it is because there are a few excursions that cross the border but they shouldn't be there, I have marked them up to be removed on the next brochure.

Malta, it was Mallorca that was updated. It was half-board, but went all inclusive in the last brochure.

The Bordeaux Gourmet break does look good. When the holiday creators we briefing us on the new tours my mouth was watering! Please let me know what you decide to do :)

Kindest regards,

Julia

OK. Thanks Julia. :thumbup:

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

to answer a few questions...

Sue, the brochure is mailing with our festive collection - I have arranged for this to be sent to you. You weren't on the original mailing list as you have at some point opted out of mailings (let me know if you would like this updated so you automatically receive new brochures)

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia I am still waiting for tis brochure which include Xmas events, can you please arrange for another to be posted out to me today, thanks Sue

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't received a brochure, I will get another copy in the post to you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
'magpie10' wrote:

I've just been looking through the new brochure as I got back from Mykonos and Santorini last night and want to book another holiday for later this year, and the promise of 'more regional flights' filled me with hope that JY had realised Newcasle actually has an airport - alas, this is not the case as rather than more options being available, there are now just 2 tours I can do flying direct from here, one of which I've done, and the other I'm hoping to do in October (flying from Newcastle being the main reason for doing both). I can't understand why JY find it so difficult to offer local flights? Other tour operators can manage it no problem.

I can even fly from Manchester or Heathrow if need be, though this normally adds a good £200 to the cost of my holiday, but I notice these options are also getting fewer and fewer. JY seem to be favouring Gatwick more and more (it must be cheaper for them!), and I can't get a connecting flight to Gatwick now, so any ideas of going to Italy in future have been knocked on the head. I'm not a happy bunny!

Hi Magpie

I am in the same boat living in the Midlands. Following earlier responses to this dilemma and the statement as you say of more regional flights I was looking forward to the brochure and booking great holidays. However 3 of my destinations have been blown out of the water by flight times being crack of dawn or witching hour and at Gatwick. On speaking to an advisor about the holidays, no option of a regional flight was given.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jonah,

I sympathise.

I live in Liverpool and always allow for the prospect that i may have to go down the day before, adding to the cost, or i have to stay up all night and get a ridiculously early train like i recently did. Unfortunately i dont think JY can win sometimes. Some people complain that if the flight is late in the day, then you lose a day, whislt others (rightly) comment that it enables those living further away to make it. Regional flights i find are pricey as well but then again its not easy top get to London if you live outside the South. I feel for those living in Scotland haha!

Mark

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't received a brochure, I will get another copy in the post to you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia, thanks very much, not sure what happened but I would be grateful to receive another copy. You have my correct home details so hopefully I should receive this soon. Many thanks.