leeC
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Morning Julia

On Sunday I was looking at the holidays and noticed that there were 2 places left for Sardinia on June 15th. I rang up and was told that I had to pay £100 for you find out if I could go?? What is that about please??

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi LeeC

There is a certain point where we have to give back unsold flight seats and hotel rooms. From this date, a holiday goes on “request”. The website defaults to two places (until there is it 0/1 place left) as we can still take bookings but elements of the holiday need to be confirmed and there may be a supplementary charge. The £100 that you would have been asked to pay is effectively a deposit. Once we have confirmed the flight and hotel room, a holiday advisor would call you back with a quote for the holiday. If you are happy with the price you would be asked to pay the remaining balance, if there are supplements and these are too high, you can choose not to confirm your place on the holiday and the £100 will be returned to you.

I hope this information helps clarify things a little more,

Kindest regards,

Julia

leeC
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Julia, I'll remember that for the future.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not a problem, LeeC. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Julia

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Had same problem with the Monet trip in April. They had to re buy seats on Eurostar and it became so expensive even though there was 2 places left on the website. Shall not make that mistake again :P

Jan