loopylou
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Please could you verify if it is ok to take a Babyliss cordless hair styler on air travel as the energy cell is liquefied gas,if it is ok should it be packed in hand luggage or in the suitcase for the hold.

Many thanks

Loopylou

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Loopylou,

Could you send in your booking reference number and we'll check against the specific airline you are travelling with.

Thanks

Julia

loopylou
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

i was wondering why i had not received a reply but just found a message to say that my reply was not posted,so here goes again. Booking ref A******, Flying with Monarch.

Many thanks

Loopylou

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for sending me your booking reference - I've forwarded it on to our aviation team who will be able to give me an answer.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi LoopyLou,

There doesn't seem to be any guidelines prohibiting you taking this with you - however where you should pack it seems to be a bit of a grey area and we would err on the side of caution and suggest this is stowed in your suitcase.

Monarch directed us to their website which has some information but doesn't really cover liquefied gas energy cells.

http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/baggage/baggage-prohibited%20items 

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Years ago when I used this kind if thing!!!! It had to be in the main as and the gas part had to not be connected..

Cindy

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'loopylou' wrote:

Please could you verify if it is ok to take a Babyliss cordless hair styler on air travel as the energy cell is liquefied gas,if it is ok should it be packed in hand luggage or in the suitcase for the hold.

Many thanks

Loopylou

Hi

I know all airlines are different but BA say you can take them in either hand or hold luggage and the cylinder must be attached, and must not be used on board.

I found this under BA's baggage essentials, personal and electrical items, perhaps Monarch have a similar link.

Regards

Sylvia

loopylou
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks everyone for your replies. I think that i will leave this gas styler at home and take an electric one to be on the safe side.

Many thanks

Loopylou