SusieB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ben

I'm interested in the Magic of Kenya tour in Sept and have been looking at the optional excursions. They do look quite expensive but don't mind that if they are good. Would like to know more about them first tho. Mombassa City Tour & Dolphin Dhow are in brochure but what about the others listed on booking form? Is there any more info on them please?

Thanks Sue

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Sue,

My apologies for the delay in replying, I have been awaiting a reply from elsewhere within the business. Please see below more information on the excursions available 🙂

Mombasa City Tour

Experience the city of Mombasa and what this historic and multi-cultural city has to offer.

Half Day - Moderate Walking

Dolphin Dhow

This trip offers you the chance to be taken by the Dolphin Experts on a traditional dhow in search of the Dolphins that are so often frequent the area.

Full Day - Minimal Walking

Fort Jesus Sound and Light Show

Enjoy a sundowner cruise along the shores of picturesque Mombasa. The boat docks in a private jetty where you’ll have a candlelit dinner whilst marvelling at the history of the Fort which is told during the sound and light show.

Evening Excursion - Minimal Walking

La Marinas Show

This trip takes in the Kenya Marineland and Mtwapa Creek and includes lunch and entertainment on board.

Evening Excursion - Minimal Walking

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

SusieB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Ben they all look tempting !

Sue

martini2429
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I did this trip a couple of years ago and would advise you to do the Mombassa City Tour, it is during this tour that I would tell you if you are going to buy any wood carvings to do it when you visit the Co-operative, it is much cheaper than buying it any wherte else as they provide all carvings for tourists, what they don't sell in the shop is sold to hotels and traders at the end of each month and they put the prices up 3 or 4 fold, I bought a lion and an elephant fior around 100 shillings and other sellers would be asking 400 or 500 shillings.

I did the Dolphin Dhow Trip along with 5 others from the group, 3 hated it myself and the other 2 had a great time, you have a 2-2.5 hour drive from the Hotel to the Dhow, the last 20KM is down a bumpy dusty road (it all adds to the experience, the lunch is basic, but there is free dring (soft and alcoholic), after searching for the dolphins you get to snorkel off a reef, I was lucky enough to see a couple of green sea turtles and followed them whilst they fed, in all it is around a 12-13 hour day.

If you get chance when in Mombassa, try and go the Haller Park (just down the road from the Hotel), you get to see Giraffe and other animals up close.

Have a great trip, If you need any more info just ask.

regards,

Martin

SusieB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Martin

Thanks very much for that it is really helpful, Wherever you are going this year, hope you have a great time

Regards

Sue