lyndenp
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Looking forward now to the trip despite some anxieties about altitude etc. Just wondered how many are on this trip.

Many thanks

Lynden

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Lynden,

Thanks for getting in touch, to date there are 10 fellow travellers on this Peru tour. Please don't be apprehensive, I have pasted below an excerpt from the final information you will receive, but the tour is ran in such a way as to gradually introduce you to the increasing altitudes.

You will have a brilliant time,

Kindest,

Ben

---------------------------------------------------

This tour visits high altitudes in excess of 12,000 feet, where altitude sickness can occur. This tour has been designed to allow a more gradual increase in altitude, giving you more time to adjust to the lower oxygen levels. Other simple measures, such as eating light meals and drinking lots of fluids can also help to alleviate the symptoms. It is advisable to limit alcoholic drinks which can be dehydrating. Some hotels will provide coca tea, a local remedy, which can help. Walking slowly and allowing time to rest is important.

If you have any medical queries it is always advisable to check with your doctor. If you have access to the internet the website www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk can give some good free information on all medical areas.

The highest point you will reach is 4321 metres (14,176 feet) en route between Cuzco and Puno. As a rough guide other high altitudes are at Cuzco (3360m, 11,023 feet), Puno (3827m, 12,555 feet) and Lake Titicaca (3812m, 12,507 feet).

lyndenp
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ben' wrote:

Good morning Lynden,

Thanks for getting in touch, to date there are 10 fellow travellers on this Peru tour. Please don't be apprehensive, I have pasted below an excerpt from the final information you will receive, but the tour is ran in such a way as to gradually introduce you to the increasing altitudes.

You will have a brilliant time,

Kindest,

Thanks Ben, just normal anxieties I guess! I am really looking forward to the trip.

Lynden

Ben

---------------------------------------------------

This tour visits high altitudes in excess of 12,000 feet, where altitude sickness can occur. This tour has been designed to allow a more gradual increase in altitude, giving you more time to adjust to the lower oxygen levels. Other simple measures, such as eating light meals and drinking lots of fluids can also help to alleviate the symptoms. It is advisable to limit alcoholic drinks which can be dehydrating. Some hotels will provide coca tea, a local remedy, which can help. Walking slowly and allowing time to rest is important.

If you have any medical queries it is always advisable to check with your doctor. If you have access to the internet the website www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk can give some good free information on all medical areas.

The highest point you will reach is 4321 metres (14,176 feet) en route between Cuzco and Puno. As a rough guide other high altitudes are at Cuzco (3360m, 11,023 feet), Puno (3827m, 12,555 feet) and Lake Titicaca (3812m, 12,507 feet).

SteveJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ben, Hi Lynden,

I am also on this trip, could you tell me how many of the 10 are doing the Amazon add-on please?

Many Thanks

Steve

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Steve,

To date there are 6 fellow travellers on the Amazon add-on with one passenger waiting to confirm whether they wish to take the add-on also,

Have a great trip all,

Kindest,

Ben

carol b
(Member)
'SteveJ' wrote:

I am also on this trip, could you tell me how many of the 10 are doing the Amazon add-on please?

Many Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

I noticed that you went to Peru on 28th August last year. What was the weather like as there are so many different answers on the weather chanels. Was it very cold? i.e. ski jacket, fleece.scarf etc or did you wear t-shirts and shorts?. I just don't know what to pack but as you were there last year I would appreciate your feedback on this.

Thank you Carol