Jed
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, Looking forward to going to Peru on 23 August. Can anyone who has been at that time of year give some advice on appropriate clothing? I know conditions will vary in the different places. I'm not able to do the add-on so only near to know about the main tour!

Any tips gratefully received. Thanks in advance!

Angie S
(Member)
Hi Jed.

I was there early to mid September in 2014. Lima Tshirt/sweater by day, though it is prone to drizzle. We had good weather at Lake Titica/Puno Tshirt/sweater by day. Cusco good weather too, Tshirt - though one late afternoon it did rain so be prepared for this too. Machu Picchu same again - T-shirt though be prepared for anything - you'll leave hotel very early and be out til late.

As you say conditions vary so take layers including a jacket. When we were there when the sun went down it got real cold - don't go on a trip in the afternoon like me in Cusco and be caught out later without a sweater/jacket when the sun is setting - chilly. From Titicaca to Cusco we had snow blowing in the wind at a high pass then hot conditions in the valley, all in one day.

Others might tell you different but this is what I experienced. I hope of some help??!

I so loved this trip. Do enjoy.

Angie

Jed
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for your reply - really useful!