janetA
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi - thought I would see if anyone else booked on the Peru trip in August is browsing through the community messages? It would be good to chat to anyone else going on the same trip.....I am a newbie traveller - not been on holiday on my own before so a bit nervous but excited as well..its only two months to go.  Anyone else travelling from Manchester? I am doing the tour and the add on..so thinking hard about what to pack - it looks like a mix of hot days and freezing days so it's a sort of pick and mix from my wardrobe, plus walking boots and flip flops!

A question for JY - do we have any final numbers yet - ages, M/F, numbers doing the Amazon add on?  Do we know who the tour manager is?

Keen to hear from anyone else booked on this tour...Janet

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Janet,

There are 21 travellers currently booked on this tour and the group is made up of 6 men and 15 women. The age ranges from early-30s to early-80s. 7 of the travellers are booked on the Amazon add on.

The tour manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Jesus Rosario Malca Machicao.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Sue32
  • (Member)
(Member)
'janetA' wrote:

Hi - thought I would see if anyone else booked on the Peru trip in August is browsing through the community messages? It would be good to chat to anyone else going on the same trip.....I am a newbie traveller - not been on holiday on my own before so a bit nervous but excited as well..its only two months to go.  Anyone else travelling from Manchester? I am doing the tour and the add on..so thinking hard about what to pack - it looks like a mix of hot days and freezing days so it's a sort of pick and mix from my wardrobe, plus walking boots and flip flops!

A question for JY - do we have any final numbers yet - ages, M/F, numbers doing the Amazon add on?  Do we know who the tour manager is?

Hi Janet, I'm booked onto this tour and also doing the Amazon add on. I'm flying from Heathrow, so won't meet you til we get to Lima. This is my second JY holiday and I'm really excited. I really enjoyed the holiday last year, so am looking forward to this one. Like you I'm trying to think what to pack - think a good mixture and layers would be a good plan. Looking forward to meeting you. Sue

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
I came back from this trip at the start of the month, very good trip although a lot of flights with every one out of Lima delayed. Don't forget to check with your GP about malaria tablets and yellow fever as half of our group doing the add on didn't have either and our tour manager took them to the hospital to get malaria tablets, suggest you show them the itinerary so they can check whether or not you are going to high risk areas as it is only the add on bit that I believe is in a high risk area; that said I didn't get bitten at all.

Lima was the coolest area but even there it was only the peruvians in their coats, although not sure how the temperature compares for when you are going.

Tim

janetA
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'TimHHi wrote:

I came back from this trip at the start of the month, very good trip although a lot of flights with every one out of Lima delayed.  Don't forget to check with your GP about malaria tablets and yellow fever as half of our group doing the add on didn't have either and our tour manager took them to the hospital to get malaria tablets, suggest you show them the itinerary so they can check whether or not you are going to high risk areas as it is only the add on bit that I believe is in a high risk area; that said I didn't get bitten at all.

Lima was the coolest area but even there it was only the peruvians in their coats, although not sure how the temperature compares for when you are going.

Tim

janetA
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sue32 wrote:

'janetA' wrote:

Hi Janet, I'm booked onto this tour and also doing the Amazon add on. I'm flying from Heathrow, so won't meet you til we get to Lima. This is my second JY holiday and I'm really excited. I really enjoyed the holiday last year, so am looking forward to this one. Like you I'm trying to think what to pack - think a good mixture and layers would be a good plan. Looking forward to meeting you. Sue

Elizabeth87
(Member)
Hiya, I am also a newbie to single travelling and feeling both excited but pretty nervous. I am flying from Bristol to Amsterdam and then on to Lima, flying alone is what I'm most nervous about I think. I'm sure all the nerves will disappear soon enough ?

Liz