carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Has the tour manager for this tour been decided yet? With the hotels we are using during the tour are there restaurants near by within walking distance. and are they reasonably priced ?.

Thank you Caroline[/font]

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline

We haven't appointed a tour manager yet but I should be able to tell you in March if you can write again.

You will be based in towns and cities with plenty of restaurants so it will easy to find something to eat. In my experience, Canadian food isn't necessarily cheap but portions are generous so you may only need one proper meal and a snack each day.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

How many people are booked on this trip now, what is the split between men and women. And the average age of the group. How long is the flight time from heathrow to Calgary?

Sally-Anne
(Member)
'carolineelisetaylor' wrote:

Hi Olly

How many people are booked on this trip now, what is the split between men and women. And the average age of the group. How long is the flight time from heathrow to Calgary?

Hello Caroline,

There are 21 people booked on this tour including yourself and there are 16 ladies and 5 men. You are the youngest person booked on the tour. There is a guy in his 40's, but the majority of people are in their 50's and 60's. I hope you don't let this put you off, I am the same age as you and I find that travelling with an older generation just as much fun... they always say 'you're only as old as you feel' and trust me, many of them will tell you they feel in their 20's or 30's, they will certainly look after you too!

If you have any worries about this, please give our contact centre a call on 0844 567 8844.

For the flight time, you leave Heathrow at 5.30pm and arrive at 7.55pm in Calgary. Calgary is -7hrs to GMT, this means that it will take around 8 hours 25 mins.

Best regards, Sally-Anne, your editor

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sally Anne

Has the tour manager been decided yet for Canada Rockies tour may 20th ? Getting so excited now. Only 14 weeks to go lol

Sally-Anne
(Member)
Hello Tara,

Your tour guide hasn't been allocated, if you pop back in a month or so and ask again, we may know who it is.

On the tour so far, there are 17 people booked on the tour. The ages range from 29yrs to 77yrs! There are 5 of you from 29 - 48 and 4 in their 50's and the rest between 60 & 77.

Kind regards, Sally-Anne, your editor

KSGILPIN
(Member)
Hi Caroline

Have been checking our holiday information pack that we have now received and the trips we can opt for. Have you made any choices yet as to what you want to do? I can't make up my mind, but have picked 3 so far which are the Athabasca Glacier in Banff, Lake Louise in Banff and Vancouver North Shore. Although this last one doesn't sound like much it has been recommended to me by a friends' husband who has shown me pictures of the Capilano Suspension Bridge and it was truly amazing.

Only 13 weeks to go now!!

Karen x

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I think there has been a mistake somewhere my name is Caroline not Tara. Just wondering about the tour to Canada Rockies and Vancouver may 20th. Has the tour guide been decided. Also was under impression there are 21 going. And I was the youngest. If there is less people that doesn't matter. Just a bit confused with the reply I got. Thank you

KSGILPIN
(Member)
'Sally-Anne' wrote:

Hi Olly

Hello Caroline,

There are 21 people booked on this tour including yourself and there are 16 ladies and 5 men. You are the youngest person booked on the tour. There is a guy in his 40's, but the majority of people are in their 50's and 60's. I hope you don't let this put you off, I am the same age as you and I find that travelling with an older generation just as much fun... they always say 'you're only as old as you feel' and trust me, many of them will tell you they feel in their 20's or 30's, they will certainly look after you too!

If you have any worries about this, please give our contact centre a call on 0844 567 8844.

For the flight time, you leave Heathrow at 5.30pm and arrive at 7.55pm in Calgary. Calgary is -7hrs to GMT, this means that it will take around 8 hours 25 mins.

Best regards, Sally-Anne, your editor

Hello Sally-Anne

I am also on this trip dated 20th May to Canadian Rockies and Vancouver. Coming from Torquay, Devon, I am currently in the process of organising my travel up with national express. When I put in the details in asks which terminal we are going from. Obviously I don't want to put in T1-T3 if we are going from 4 or 5. Can you let me know asap so that I can go ahead and book it. Thanks

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'KSGILPIN' wrote:

Hi Caroline

Have been checking our holiday information pack that we have now received and the trips we can opt for. Have you made any choices yet as to what you want to do? I can't make up my mind, but have picked 3 so far which are the Athabasca Glacier in Banff, Lake Louise in Banff and Vancouver North Shore. Although this last one doesn't sound like much it has been recommended to me by a friends' husband who has shown me pictures of the Capilano Suspension Bridge and it was truly amazing.

Only 13 weeks to go now!!

Karen x

Hi Karen

Yes I think I'm going to do the glacier, lake Louise and the helicopter ride over the Rockies. And the gondola maybe if there's time xx yes 13 weeks and counting yay!!

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline

The tour manager is Sue Davies and I can confirm that so far 21 people have booked.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi KSGILPIN

Your BA flight will leave from Terminal 5.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Are the numbers still the same for the tour to Canada Rockies may 20th,have anymore booked, will there be any time to see Calgary when we arrive or will the group go straight on to Banff ? Whats the weather like at that time of the year? Only 8 weeks to go. Camera is all ready for all the photos I plan to take. Several hundred probably.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline

There are now 23 people on this trip. There won't be time in Calgary I'm afraid, although you will of course see some of the city from the coach.

The weather will still be on the chilly side. Banff could be anything from 2 or 3 degrees Celsius up to the mid teens, while Vancouver should be a bit warmer at 10 degrees or just over. For more details, click here:

http://worldweather.wmo.int/056/m056.htm 

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Caroline

There are now 23 people on this trip. There won't be time in Calgary I'm afraid, although you will of course see some of the city from the coach.

The weather will still be on the chilly side. Banff could be anything from 2 or 3 degrees Celsius up to the mid teens, while Vancouver should be a bit warmer at 10 degrees or just over. For more details, click here:

http://worldweather.wmo.int/056/m056.htm 

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Thank you Olly, how long will it take to get to Banff from Calgary by coach? Think I may need to take some warm clothes just in case. Thank you again for the advice

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline

The journey takes about one and a half to two hours.

Have a great holiday.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

I have just received a letter stating we don't have use of an executive lounge prior to our departure on the 20th May. Where will the tour group meet at heathrow instead. I am unsure where I need to go when I get to the terminal. Thak you

Caroline

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline

You will still be heading for the check-in desk, where you will meet your tour manager. I'm sure he or she will be able to suggest a good spot for the group to meet after everyone has checked in and passed through the scanners. You should also get a refund of £15 which you could use for food and drinks while you wait for your flight.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone on the Canada Rockies tour on 20th May, well it's not long now 6 weeks to go, have you all decided what extras you want to do. I am going to do the capliano bridge I think. Been watching clips on you tube of the areas we are visiting. It looks brilliant. I am so excited.
Devon Stag
(Member)

Hello everyone on the Canada Rockies tour on 20th May, well it's not long now 6 weeks to go, have you all decided what extras you want to do. I am going to do the capliano bridge I think. Been watching clips on you tube of the areas we are visiting. It looks brilliant. I am so excited.

Hello Caroline,

Less than 6 weeks to go, it is getting exciting now! I'm hoping to include most of the optional trips and see as much as possible, it's a shame that we can't pay for any up front.

Hope to see you at Terminal 5.

Regards,

Clive