Andrea0209
(Member) (Topic Starter)
What type of travel plug adapter do I need for Australia please..... Santa bought me a three flat pin type but some internet pages have stated I need a two flat pin style so I’m concerned I’ve got the wrong one

Please advise if you can...

Also....

Any suggestions of anything else I may need to consider to take would be greatly appreciated 

With best wishes for the New Year to you all

Andrea

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Andrea0209' wrote:

What type of travel plug adapter do I need for Australia please..... Santa bought me a three flat pin type but some internet pages have stated I need a two flat pin style so I’m concerned I’ve got the wrong one

Also....

Any suggestions of anything else I may need to consider to take would be greatly appreciated 

Andrea

> What type of travel plug adapter do I need for Australia please..... Santa bought me a three flat pin type but some internet pages have stated I need a two flat pin style so I’m concerned I’ve got the wrong one

I think it is the same as the Chinese (2 inclined flat pins with or without a 3rd fixed earth pin) - at least, the  3-pin (earthed) CN and AUS versions appear to be the same adapter as made by Go Travel & SKROSS and sold in Heathrow airside shops.

https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/   ("type I")

I haven't been to AUS so I don't know which type is now more common there, but I did find in CN to my surprise that my UK 3-pin to Chinese 2-pin converter wouldn't work in the CN 3-pin sockets now found in most of the Hotels in Yunnan and Tibet, so I now take both 2- and 3-pin types.

Jim

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andrea

For Australia you need 2 flat pin style - both pins are slightly slanted either side. I borrowed the plug from my niece as I do have 2 flat pin style plug but was not sure if I would be able to slant them or not.

Regards

Jaya

JohnL
  • (Member)
(Member)
Andrea

Throughout my Australia trip last year I used this one everywhere:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001BEOMVW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

hopefully the photos will confirm that you have the correct sort.

If you have a favourite sunscreen take that. Also a credit/debit card with no transaction fees & good exchange rate. They are universally accepted, I only used £300 worth of Aus $ cash in 30 days. Otherwise I'd recommend that you pack light & buy local Australian products for you daily needs, there will be plenty of opportunities to pick up items.

Happy New Year & enjoy the trip.

John

molls
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Andrea0209' wrote:

Also....

Andrea

Hi Andrea, it is a two pin flat style. I have a universal adapter with 4 different plugs.

AlanB
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Andrea0209' wrote:

Also....

Andrea

you need one of these. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Australia-Power-Adaptor-visitors-Zealand-Black/dp/B0747KC5P9/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546776900&sr=8-3&keywords=travel+adaptor+australia