sylvieann
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm thinking of buying an extension lead with about 3 sockets and maybe a USB to take on holiday with me. I need one so I can use it for my hairdryer, straighters and charge my mobile all at the same time. I've been on the web and there is so much choice I'm wondering if anyone has any advise on what one to buy and if it is a problem taking one of these on holiday with you. Any advise would be helpful..thank you. 

Sylvie  :heart:

RogertheRed
(Member)
'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi, I'm thinking of buying an extension lead with about 3 sockets and maybe a USB to take on holiday with me. I need one so I can use it for my hairdryer, straighters and charge my mobile all at the same time. I've been on the web and there is so much choice I'm wondering if anyone has any advise on what one to buy and if it is a problem taking one of these on holiday with you. Any advise would be helpful..thank you. 

I use a cheap 4 point adapter from B&Q (well under a fiver) and take the appropriate adapter for where I am visiting. No problems so far.

https://www.diy.com/departments/masterplug-4-socket-white-extension-lead-1m/5015056638744_BQ.prd 

shellnortheast
(Member)
'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi Sylvieann, I have used different adapters over the years. As I have a bit of a travel problem. But not with a USB. Maybe try your local supermarket. I got adapters from the pound shop they have been all over the world and with been cheap you don't mind if they get broken after a few trips. See if any friends or work mates can lend you one. Gives you a chance to try one out. Or good old amazon or ebay. Hope one of these help.

from shelllnortheast

andydurrant
(Member)
My advice would be just get one from Tesco! I've got them all over the house and more up in the roof. Will only need an adaptor on the plug to work abroad (when we eventually can go abroad again...)
RogertheRed
(Member)
'RogertheRed' wrote:

'sylvieann' wrote:

I use a cheap 4 point adapter from B&Q (well under a fiver) and take the appropriate adapter for where I am visiting. No problems so far.

https://www.diy.com/departments/masterplug-4-socket-white-extension-lead-1m/5015056638744_BQ.prd 

That should have read 4 point extension, sorry.

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
I take a standard 4 plug extension and then all my standard chargers to plug in I’ve found in the past some of the non device specific chargers don’t work for me, not yet been stopped or questioned about having so many leads and cables in my hand luggage
RogertheRed
(Member)
Another way to increase charging is to take an old credit card/hotel key card to put in the electricity slot so that you can continue charging whilst out of the room.
Valerie1896
(Member)
The larger Asda stores have a very good selection of adapters at reasonable prices.