Lynda18
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going on Experience South Africa and add on on September 11. I have read various threads and am confused about paying for the optional excursions that can only be booked once we are in South Africa and Zambia. Do we have to pay in local currency, pounds, dollars or can we use a credit card? 

Thanks

Chloesonic :)
(Member)
Hi Lynda 

I'm on this tour in Oct, I too was very confused but I've just booked the excursions we can pre book.

While I was on the phone I did ask the same question and she said for booking excursions when there that, the South Africa excursions will be payable in Rand and the Zambia (if your doing the add on) will be payable in Dollars or sterling! They will not be able to take card ::(

But they try and book very quickly I hear, basically as soon as you land lol. So your not carrying to much cash around

A few of them clash so you might be able to do all of them.

Hope this helps.

Have a wonderful time, please let us know how you get on and any advise 

Chloe xx

ChrisP75
(Member)
'Lynda18' wrote:

I am going on Experience South Africa and add on on September 11. I have read various threads and am confused about paying for the optional excursions that can only be booked once we are in South Africa and Zambia. Do we have to pay in local currency, pounds, dollars or can we use a credit card? 

Thanks

I'm on the 11th September tour as well, so we can ask as soon as we get there and get it sorted. I'm only really bothered about the safari ones. I think I'm brave enough for the bush walk.

Have you had any thoughts about the free day in Cape Town?

It's getting close now  :blush: 

Chris

Lynda18
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Chloesonic' wrote:

Hi Lynda 

I'm on this tour in Oct, I too was very confused but I've just booked the excursions we can pre book.

While I was on the phone I did ask the same question and she said for booking excursions when there that, the South Africa excursions will be payable in Rand and the Zambia (if your doing the add on) will be payable in Dollars or sterling! They will not be able to take card ::(

But they try and book very quickly I hear, basically as soon as you land lol. So your not carrying to much cash around

A few of them clash so you might be able to do all of them.

Hope this helps.

Have a wonderful time, please let us know how you get on and any advise 

Chloe xx

Thanks Chloe

I will post again when I get back  🙂

Lynda18
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'ChrisP75' wrote:

'Lynda18' wrote:

Thanks

I'm on the 11th September tour as well, so we can ask as soon as we get there and get it sorted. I'm only really bothered about the safari ones. I think I'm brave enough for the bush walk.

Have you had any thoughts about the free day in Cape Town?

It's getting close now  :blush: 

Chris

Hi Chris

I am not going to do the bush walk as it says it is strenuous walking for 2-3 hours and not sure I would be able to manage that so think I will do full day safari instead. It all depends on what we will be able to fit in as not sure what excursions clash at the moment. 

There is a hop on hop off bus tour so I was wondering whether that would be a good idea to see everything. There is also Robben Island. I am not doing the Cape Town township tour.

Just trying to figure the weather everywhere and think I need to take layers for all sorts of weather!!

See you soon  🙂 

Lynda

vickimac
(Member)
Hi Lynda and Chris.

I'm also on this holiday and trying to decide which trips to do. Don't think I want to do the township tour in Cape Town but maybe the hop on bus would be a good option. I guess we'll have to see what the options are when we arrive. Looking forward to meeting everyone, won't be long now!

Vicki

Anne Bush
(Member)
Hello travelers to South Africa on September 11th. This is my first venture on a solo holiday which I’m looking forward to. I am also planning to do some add on trips especially in the Kruger. I won’t do the bush walk but look forward to some half day trips. I am planning to buy a “pre paid travel money cash card” , probably from the post office, which I’m told is the easiest way of paying for these extra trips.

I look forward to meeting you all . I wonder if any of you have done Just You holidays before.?

Looking forward to meeting you all

Anne

Lynda18
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Anne Bush' wrote:

Hello travelers to South Africa on September 11th. This is my first venture on a solo holiday which I’m looking forward to. I am also planning to do some add on trips especially in the Kruger. I won’t do the bush walk but look forward to some half day trips. I am planning to buy a “pre paid travel money cash card” , probably from the post office, which I’m told is the easiest way of paying for these extra trips.

I look forward to meeting you all . I wonder if any of you have done Just You holidays before.?

Looking forward to meeting you all

Anne

Hi Anne

I have done a holiday with them last year and also done some with other companies. I have always had a great time.

See you soon, Lynda