kerry262
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, can anybody give me a rough idea of the costs of the South African Excursions,
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'kerry262' wrote:

Hi, can anybody give me a rough idea of the costs of the South African Excursions,

Hi,

You are probably best putting this on the Ask the Editor section. I did all the excursions in S.Africa and the add-on in Zambia and it came to about £600! The day trip to Botswana was fantastic and highly recommended.

Enjoy!

Hils

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Kerry

I went to SA in March 2012 and excursion costs from my paperwork were as follows:

Cape Town - Cape Peninsula £64

Cape Town - Evening Sunset Cruise £20

Cape Town - Helicopter ride £137

Cape Town - Winelands £64

Elephant Whispers - interaction £80

Elephant Whispers - ride & interaction £100

Knysna Township Tour £43

Kruger Game drive £60

I also did the Zambia add on with excursions averaging at £100.

Sylvia

skippy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Cape tour is a 'must do'

Evening sunset cruise depends on the weather

Helecopter ride is fantastic

Elephant whispers, I personally found was overpriced for a lecture and a chance to touch an elephant

Knysna Township is a must do

There are game drives in the itinary, but the extra drive is well worth the extra cost.

I personally did not want to go on the wineland tour.

I found that purchasing a day ticket on the City Bus company tour (like the London bus tours etc), who operate from the bay area, taking a complete circuit on it and then using it for step-on/step-off, allowed me to explore capetown and the beach areas which was a great day and a small cost.

Here's a link to some videos I made for the first part of the tour I was on in Aug

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEDC1E9007DE14F37

SusieB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kerry

If you go on to the holiday page and go through it as though you were about to book online, before you have to enter details of yourself and commit yourself to anything you are given a list of the availsble pre-bookable excursions and their cost. I don't know about the ones you book there though but would be interested if anyone knows as I would love to do the helicopter one that people seem to have done previously.

Sue

kerry262
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I just want to thank everyone who replied to my question. Have just looked at the excursions on the booking form, I hadn't realised they were on there because when I booked they weren't there. I'm going to S.A.on the same dates as you Susie, so I look forward to meeting you and I can't wait for the holiday, my first with J.Y.
SusieB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kerry

That's great, look forward to meeting you in September.

Best wishes

Sue