00Susanna00
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Really pleased to read that this tour has the green light to proceed!

Would love to hear from others going on this holiday - what excursions are people thinking of booking? Any recommendations from previous travellers? I am definitely doing the Grand Canyon tour, but not sure about the glass walkway........!

Kerryp
(Member)
Hi Susanna,

I am also going on this holiday and really looking forward to it!

I've booked the Grand Canyon, Sedona Jeep trip and the evening tours of Vegas and San Francisco.

Regards,

Kerry

00Susanna00
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Kerryp' wrote:

Hi Susanna,

I've booked the Grand Canyon, Sedona Jeep trip and the evening tours of Vegas and San Francisco.

Regards,

Kerry

Hi Kerry, 

Thank you for your input. I have spent this afternoon working out which trips to do. They all seem tempting, but can’t do everything - too tiring and too expensive!!

Best wishes, Sue

Dorrie
(Member)
'00Susanna00' wrote:

'Kerryp' wrote:

Hi Susanna,

Regards,

Kerry

Hi Kerry, 

Thank you for your input. I have spent this afternoon working out which trips to do. They all seem tempting, but can’t do everything - too tiring and too expensive!!

Best wishes, Sue

Dorrie
(Member)
'00Susanna00' wrote:

Really pleased to read that this tour has the green light to proceed!

Would love to hear from others going on this holiday - what excursions are people thinking of booking? Any recommendations from previous travellers? I am definitely doing the Grand Canyon tour, but not sure about the glass walkway........!

Hi Susanna & Kerry.I am also booked on this fabulous adventure.I will be flying from Manchester to meet up with you at Heathrow.I went on my first holiday with Just You last year to Cilento Coast.It was wonderful.I will be booking the pre-booked package excursions & hopefully some others!!.It's all so exciting.I look forward to meeting up with you to discover America's western wonders!.Best wishes. Dorrie

Steve1973
(Member)
Hi All,

I too have booked on this "road trip". I actually did the old "America's Golden West Tour" a few years ago with JY, and look forward to revisiting some old favourites and exploring new ground on this expanded itinerary.

I'm initially flying out from Manchester to Heathrow, and look forward to meeting everyone else on this holiday.

Regards,

Steve

Janet balls
(Member)
Went on the October one and the Grand Canyon excursion by plane,helicopter and boat was expensive but brilliant - sunrise over Canyon in the plane, lunch at guano point with tremendous views
00Susanna00
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Janet balls' wrote:

Went on the October one and the Grand Canyon excursion by plane,helicopter and boat was expensive but brilliant - sunrise over Canyon in the plane, lunch at guano point with tremendous views

Thank you for your input on this excursion - I am definitely going to book it! So, I am guessing it’s going to be a very early start...... By the way, did you go on the glass lookout point? Just wondering whether it’s worth the extra cost!

Sue

Janet balls
(Member)
'00Susanna00' wrote:

'Janet balls' wrote:

Thank you for your input on this excursion - I am definitely going to book it! So, I am guessing it’s going to be a very early start...... By the way, did you go on the glass lookout point? Just wondering whether it’s worth the extra cost!

Sue

Sorry for delay.  Start wa 5.00am but it is October and the mornings were darker.  I didn’t do the lookout point as I didn’t think I could crawl let along walk on it so had more time at guano point.  People who went enjoyed - go on it one at a time I believe - not a day I will forget.  They normally stop for 4 hours on the excursion on south rim of Grand Canyon but you get more dramatic scenery at guano point.  Hope you enjoy it 😉

00Susanna00
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Janet balls' wrote:

'00Susanna00' wrote:

'Janet balls' wrote:

Sue

Sorry for delay.  Start wa 5.00am but it is October and the mornings were darker.  I didn’t do the lookout point as I didn’t think I could crawl let along walk on it so had more time at guano point.  People who went enjoyed - go on it one at a time I believe - not a day I will forget.  They normally stop for 4 hours on the excursion on south rim of Grand Canyon but you get more dramatic scenery at guano point.  Hope you enjoy it ;)

Thank you for that information - it has helped me to make up my mind about the skywalk bit, and I have decided to give it a miss. Everyone seems to agree that the scenery is better at Guano point, and I think I may have panicked about stepping on to glass at the last moment anyway.......!

Sue

RayT
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone. I'm also looking forward to this trip and have booked the majority of the optionals. I think the day excusion to the canyon will be a real highlight, but am also keen to see Yosemite and the rest of the great scenery in this part of The USA.  See you all at Heathrow.

Ray.

00Susanna00
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'RayT' wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm also looking forward to this trip and have booked the majority of the optionals. I think the day excusion to the canyon will be a real highlight, but am also keen to see Yosemite and the rest of the great scenery in this part of The USA.  See you all at Heathrow.

Ray.

Hello Ray,

I am also really looking forward to seeing places that I have heard so much about! I must get round to booking the excursions - thanks for the reminder!!

Sue

Jackiee
(Member)
Hi

I am also going on this trip, flying out from Manchester to Heathrow on the 24th.  I have been to the Grand Canyon on a previous Just You trip, it was fabulous.

Look forward to meeting everyone

Jackie

Valonlyval
(Member)
Hi everyone,

This is the first JY trip, infact it’s the first long holiday that I’ve done on my own.

I’ve bookthe the Grand Canyon 5amstart trio and am intendingvto do the glass walk but.

What other excursions have others already booked?

Has anyone any tips on what to pack or not to for that matter?

Really looking forward too meeting you all. It’s going to be a good, fun holiday.

Valerie

HC59
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not long now. Looking forward to meeting you all. Heather
Katherine H
(Member)
'Steve1973' wrote:

Hi All,

I too have booked on this "road trip". I actually did the old "America's Golden West Tour" a few years ago with JY, and look forward to revisiting some old favourites and exploring new ground on this expanded itinerary.

I'm initially flying out from Manchester to Heathrow, and look forward to meeting everyone else on this holiday.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve 

There are 5 of us leaving from Manchester ...if u fancy meeting up so that we can cross heathrow together let me know

Kathy

Katherine H
(Member)
'Jackiee' wrote:

Hi

I am also going on this trip, flying out from Manchester to Heathrow on the 24th.  I have been to the Grand Canyon on a previous Just You trip, it was fabulous.

Look forward to meeting everyone

Jackie

Hi Jackie 

Im leaving from  Manchester too .. if u fancy meeting up in the departure lounge at  Manchester let me know

Kathy