alfie1960
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked my second Just You holiday, namely Discover Puglia, departing 3rd June 2018.

Just wondering if anyone else is going on this trip, and would like to get in touch.

My first JY was the Bordeaux Gourmet break in April 2016, which was very enjoyable.

Also , has anyone been to Puglia and maybe could give me some tips.

Regards,

John (Alfie 1960)

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

I did this trip in 2014. Puglia is a lovely, unspoiled area of Italy. Places visited are interesting and local guides give you a real flavour of their history.

Personally, I was not keen on the hotel or its location but you might feel differently.

There are some reviews of this holiday in the appropriate section of the forum which may give you more up to date opinions.

Enjoy your holiday

Lesley

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks Lesley

Regards,

John

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi John,

Good to see you popping up on here again. Hope you are well. The Bordeaux holiday was fun, even if not quite gourmet.

Puglia is on my list for sometime in the future. Have a February river cruise booked with JY so need to do that before I think of any more!

All the best,

Rae

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rachel,

Great to hear from you again. I agree that the Bordeaux trip was fun, apart from the penultimate night, when David and I had food poisoning. Always regret not being able to go to St. Emilion with you and the others, for lunch on our last day. Wonder what happened to that fun girl Joanna?

Why not come to the Discover Apulia trip on 3rd June 2018?

Best wishes for Christmas,

John x

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
'alfie1960' wrote:

Hi Rachel,

Great to hear from you again. I agree that the Bordeaux trip was fun, apart from the penultimate night, when David and I had food poisoning. Always regret not being able to go to St. Emilion with you and the others, for lunch on our last day. Wonder what happened to that fun girl Joanna? 

John x

Hi John,

I'm not sure I'll manage that trip. Am off to Lake Bled for New Year and then river cruise in February. It would have been great to meet up with the others too. The day in Bordeaux still makes me laugh when I think of the 'allo, 'allo scenario in the oyster bar.

Joanne had that link where we could all add our photos but I lost that so no longer have email addresses. Do you still have it? 

Have a lovely Christmas and all the best in 2018. 

If you ask the admin team I'm happy for them to give you my email address as it would be great to catch up with your news.

Rae

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rachel,

You are busy! I am going away quite a few times next year also. Managed 8 trips this year , which was a bit over the top.

I'm afraid I don't have the link from Joanne either, and only have one photo of our lunch in Bordeaux, when I spilt the posh salt I had just bought, all over my fish!

I will ask the admin team for your email address.

Best wishes,

John

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rachel,

I don't seem to be able to contact the admin team, so maybe you could ask them for my email address?

Cheers,

John

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
'RaeW' wrote:

'alfie1960' wrote:

Hi Rachel,

John x

Hi John,

I'm not sure I'll manage that trip. Am off to Lake Bled for New Year and then river cruise in February. It would have been great to meet up with the others too. The day in Bordeaux still makes me laugh when I think of the 'allo, 'allo scenario in the oyster bar.

Joanne had that link where we could all add our photos but I lost that so no longer have email addresses. Do you still have it? 

Have a lovely Christmas and all the best in 2018. 

If you ask the admin team I'm happy for them to give you my email address as it would be great to catch up with your news.

Rae

I have authorised Amy to give you my email but due to the time of year she may not get back to you immediately.

Have a good Christmas.

Rae

Moderator2
(Member)
'alfie1960' wrote:

Hi Rachel,

I don't seem to be able to contact the admin team, so maybe you could ask them for my email address?

Cheers,

John

Good Afternoon John,

Apologies for my late reply. I have now privately emailed you the email address for RaeW.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'alfie1960' wrote:

Hi Rachel,

Cheers,

John

Good Afternoon John,

Apologies for my late reply. I have now privately emailed you the email address for RaeW.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Hello Amy,

Many thanks for sending me RaeW's email address.

Just wondering if there has been much interest yet for the Discover Puglia trip on 3rd June 2018, and if so, do you have the men/women split?

Hope you have a great New Year.

Regards,

John (alfie1960)

Re

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi John,

There has been interest in this tour/date. There are currently 12 travellers booked, the date has been given the green light to go ahead and the group is currently made up of 2 men and 10 women.

Wishing you a happy new year,

Kindest regards,

Julia

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi John,

There has been interest in this tour/date. There are currently 12 travellers booked, the date has been given the green light to go ahead and the group is currently made up of 2 men and 10 women.

Kindest regards,

Julia

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for the info.

Regards,

John

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'alfie1960' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Hi John,

Kindest regards,

Julia

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'alfie1960' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Hi John,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Can you let me have an update on the number of travellers, and M/F split ?

Many thanks,

John (alfie 1960)

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi John,

I can tell you that 21 travelers are booked on this tour. 2 are male and 19 are female. The ages range between early 50s - early 80s.

Kind Regards,

Amy

alfie1960
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi John,

I can tell you that 21 travelers are booked on this tour. 2 are male and 19 are female. The ages range between early 50s - early 80s.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Can you let me have another update on the group number and male/female split. Seems that the men are completely outnumbered.

Thanks,

John  (alfie1960)

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi John,

I can tell you that this tour is now fully booked with 30 travelers. 4 are male and 26 are female. The ages range between early 50s - early 80s.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Veronica 60
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi John,

I can tell you that this tour is now fully booked with 30 travelers. 4 are male and 26 are female. The ages range between early 50s - early 80s.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Hello ....I am traveling on this trip ....my first holiday on my own and with Just You ....excited and nervous