Lynnieteach
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of taking my first holiday as a solo traveller and wonder if anyone has advice about whether it's a good idea to 'test the water' with a short trip or jump in and book a couple of weeks.

Any comments appreciated.

SusieB
(Member)
[quote pid='300460' dateline='1503161162']

I would say just find a destination that really appeals to you and go for it. You will meet like minded people on whichever one you choose and almost certainly some will be doing their first trip too. My first JY holiday was 5 years ago to India. That was a pretty big one to start with but I absolutely loved it and since then have been on quite a few more both far and near, all of which have been great. I'm off to on the Kenyan Safari in 2 weeks and can't wait.

So book whatever really takes your fancy you'll be fine!

Best wishes Sue

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and welcome

My first tour was USA, so I jumped straight in and have never looked back.Some people start with a short trip and then go long haul. Personally I would pick a tour you fancy and just GO FOR IT.

I have travelled the world with JY fromAustria to NZ very safe way to travel fantastic sights to see and great people to meet, what's not to like.

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi after doing 15 JY tours, both long and short haul I agree with Cindy and Sue - just pick whichever one appeals to you most and go for it!  These tours are addictive, once you get bitten by the bug you won't want to stop!

Cheers,

Bob

Lynnieteach
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Sorry for this rather belated reply!

Thanks to all of you for your supportive messages.

I'm walking in the Swiss Alps in September- the first of many JY holidays I'm sure. Looking at all the holidays on offer, it's going to be difficult to choose the next one.

Lyn