guernseypolly
(Member)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Guernseypolly,

You were asking about retail therapy opportunities and, having done this tour myself back in October 2014, I am happy to confirm you will have plenty!

Firstly, as part of the tour, you will be taken to silk, jade and pearl workshops/outlets. (You'll have the opportunity to buy silk pillows and duvets that can be vacuum packed or shipped home for you) There's also free time in Jinli Street in Chengdu and the shopping streets around the Yu Gardens in Shanghai. Naturally there are also gift shops at all the sights. You will also be bombarded with 'special offers'  from street vendors every time you get off the bus - with 'genuine Rolex' (!!!) for only $10 that will almost certainly have stopped before you get back to the hotel, it's a lot of fun.

You'll have a super time (take plenty of wipes and throat sweets). Happy to help with any other questions.

All the best

Mandy (in Jersey 😉 )

I need a new Rolex my Spanish one Stopped working after 3 Years of use I also need a new mobile and as most of them are made there they've got to be cheaper.

ElsieT
(Member)
Hi sd.

I have booked all the optional excursions available as I thought I would do as much as possible on my one and only trip to China!!

Elsie

sd53
  • (Member)
(Member)
'guernseypolly' wrote:

'sd53' wrote:

Hi,

I’m booked on this holiday and will be flying to Heathrow in the afternoon before the evening flight to China. I have not booked any optional excursions thus far and would be interested to know what excursions others have already booked.

I've booked Shanghai by night and Xian tang Dynasty show which apparently is a must see,then after the main holiday I'm on the Yangtese river cruise.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I've booked the same 2 excursions as you and will decide on any others once the holiday is underway. Won't be long now. See you soon,

Stephen

sd53
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ElsieT' wrote:

Hi sd.

I have booked all the optional excursions available as I thought I would do as much as possible on my one and only trip to China!!

Elsie

Hi Elsie,

Thanks for your reply. I've now booked Shanghai by Night and Xian Tang Dynasty. I may opt for others during tour.

Won't be long now. See you soon,

Stephen

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Guys

One other thought on potential optional excursions (and budgeting for them). I don't know if it's been re-introduced - it was stopped a couple of years ago due to an outbreak of canine distemper - but, if you get a chance, I would heartily recommend the 'Panda Keeper Experience' at the Chengdu Panda Research Centre (i.e 1-2-1 time with a panda).

Your local guide in Chengdu will tell you if it's available again. If it is, you can only book the day before, numbers are strictly limited and its cash only (in yuan). It's not cheap - around £200 or 2000 yuan back in 2014 when I did it - but absolutely worth every penny. Truly a life affirming experience. 

I really hope you get the chance but, if not, the dumpling making workshop is a lot of fun as well.

Have a super trip

Mandy

Dance_lenny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone :---  Going on this trip.  

It only 2 weeks to go. This time in two weeks we will all be in the Plaza-Premium T2 Departure Lounge,  I will be getting there as early as possible 5:25 pm ish.  Ready for the 11 hour ish flight to Beijing.   Note :- China has only one time zone, and is 7 hours in front of us.   I have exchanged my £ = Yuan notes = 8.3 in a local money exchange.  I cant wait to meet every one on this trip. I am sure it will all be fine, and a busy busy 12 days. I cant wait,  Lenny.

guernseypolly
(Member)
Just 5 more days at work
guernseypolly
(Member)
It's going to be hot!
Dance_lenny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Photo's of our group - Inspirational China trip 19th June 2017 

Inspirational China trip 19th June 2017