Dance_lenny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

I am booked to go on the  Inspirational China trip  on the 19th June 2017 with the  Yangtze River add-on. This is my first trip to China with Just You,  I've heard lots of good things   I'm very excited and really looking forward to it. Is anyone else going on this trip at this time  ?  It would be nice to ear from you, Not long to go now 7 weeks. bring it on.. :- Lenny

ElsieT
(Member)
Hi Lenny.

I am also on the tour and add on. I know there is one other person on the forum also going. 

Never been  to China before and not even very adventurous at the takeaway. so this could be quite a  challenge!!

Looking forward to meeting you. 

Elsie

Dance_lenny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Elsie.  

Thanks for the reply,  Its nice to know that this Forum is being used - and users going on this one do reply,  Do you know who the other person you mentioned  is -  I know of two other ladies going - but not on this forum. 

Are you flying from London Heathrow  ?   I am -  I think most are.  I will see you in the airport lounge for sure.

Take Care Have Fun - Lenny

Dance_lenny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi PerfectBlue97 & Elise.

I now have my Visa all sorted and returned in my passport,

Umm :-  I am not happy about the price £195 and a 3 weeks wait. I could have done it for ( £65.25  take and collect at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center London ) done in 4 days - See Tripadvisor.

o well its done now. I will know better next time.. lol

The head count  last time I talked to Just-You was :-

Total 18 = ( 11 on River Add on ) ( 2 on Hong Kong add on  ) so that's 5 only doing the main - No add on.

I have been working out what we may do on the 4/5 day Cruse :- on the 30th June

Fly from Shanghai to Wuhan  - then a train to Yichang on the Yangize by 17:50

Cruse - for 4 days - many places = total of 162 Km

Gezhou Dam - ( Nanjin Guan - ( Three Gorgge Dam - Xiangxi Gorge ) = Xiling Gorge ) the list goes on --

ending up at Chongping - ( Jiangbel Int term-2 ) fly to Beijing -Int Term-3 to London.

I cant wait -  see you all soon - Lenny

Dance_lenny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Help - Mildred - Our Moderator for this China trip.

Please can any one tell me what the Baggage Allowance is for this Holiday -

I have looked all over the Just You web and found no reference to luggage allowance .. 😠

International =  25kg   Internal = 20kg   so it must be  ( 20kg ) Max  is this right  Help  :heart:

ElsieT
(Member)
Hi Lenny.

I have also just received my passport back so I am ready to go.

I will be getting the train to Kings Cross so will be flying from Heathrow.

Elsie

Diane T
(Member)
'Dance_lenny' wrote:

Hi All

I am booked to go on the  Inspirational China trip  on the 19th June 2017 with the  Yangtze River add-on. This is my first trip to China with Just You,  I've heard lots of good things   I'm very excited and really looking forward to it. Is anyone else going on this trip at this time  ?  It would be nice to ear from you, Not long to go now 7 weeks. bring it on.. :- Lenny

http://lenpetts.co.uk/index_all.htm 

Hi, I'm booked on the same trip with the add on. I've never traveled by myself before and never been to China. I'm both exited and, if I'm honest, a little bit scared!

Diane T
(Member)
Hi, I'm really not sure how much cash to take. . I know meals are included and I've prebooked some trips. Any ideas?
Moderator2
(Member)
'Dance_lenny' wrote:

Help - Mildred - Our Moderator for this China trip.

Please can any one tell me what the Baggage Allowance is for this Holiday -

I have looked all over the Just You web and found no reference to luggage allowance .. 😠

International =  25kg   Internal = 20kg   so it must be  ( 20kg ) Max  is this right  Help  :heart:

Good Morning,

You are right. The baggage allowance is 20kgs.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Dance_lenny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Diane T' wrote:

Hi, I'm really not sure how much cash to take. . I know meals are included and I've prebooked some trips. Any ideas?

Hi All  - A question for the Moderator 

I would also like to know how much cash to take - to cover all other cost - also weather to take it in UK pounds or Chinese " Yuan " is the name of a unit of the renminbi currency in China -  I did asked a Chinese lady at Tango this question, and she said purchase my Yuan in the UK - or i would get ripped off in China even at the 4/5 star Hotels.   Some excursions i.e. ( Xion by Night (£20 )) we can only book and pay when we are there,  the price is in UK £ so I guest that's what we have to pay with £ . 

Note :- only change money you will use on your holiday - as its not so easy to change it back and expensive.

Useful Web site = http://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/moneyconverter.htm?countryfrom=GBP&countryfrom=CNY

guernseypolly
(Member)
Moderator2
(Member)
'Dance_lenny' wrote:

'Diane T' wrote:

Hi All  - A question for the Moderator 

I would also like to know how much cash to take - to cover all other cost - also weather to take it in UK pounds or Chinese " Yuan " is the name of a unit of the renminbi currency in China -  I did asked a Chinese lady at Tango this question, and she said purchase my Yuan in the UK - or i would get ripped off in China even at the 4/5 star Hotels.   Some excursions i.e. ( Xion by Night (£20 )) we can only book and pay when we are there,  the price is in UK £ so I guest that's what we have to pay with £ . 

Note :- only change money you will use on your holiday - as its not so easy to change it back and expensive.

Useful Web site = http://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/moneyconverter.htm?countryfrom=GBP&countryfrom=CNY

Good Afternoon Lenny,

This tour is a full board tour so all you meals are taken care of. The optional excursions for this tour are Xian Tang Dynasty show, Chengdu face-changing show and Shanghai show; correct me I'm wrong but it looks like you have pre-booked all your holidays. if this is the case you will only need spending money for refreshments on your excursions, souvenirs and whatever else you would want on the tour.

In regards to the currency, you will need to take Yuan.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Dance_lenny
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Mildred.
guernseypolly
(Member)
I understand all credit cards are widely accepted in the larger retail outlets, and as Iv'e got Nationwide cards at no extra cost

As I probably will want to get some gifts whilst I'm there small amounts of cash will be needed

Lots of info on trip adviser including all about the hotels we are staying at.

Lots of Chinese food Yippie! :cool: 😛

guernseypolly
(Member)
A couple of questions

How many of us on the tour?

Will there be any time for retail therapy?

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon guernseypolly,

There are currently 9 travellers booked on this tour.

Looking at the itinerary, I can see that you will have a couple of afternoons off and one of the included excursions is Sightseeing in Beijing. During that time you can indulge in a lot of retail therapy.

Kindest Regards,

Mildred

sd53
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I’m booked on this holiday and will be flying to Heathrow in the afternoon before the evening flight to China. I have not booked any optional excursions thus far and would be interested to know what excursions others have already booked.

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Guernseypolly,

You were asking about retail therapy opportunities and, having done this tour myself back in October 2014, I am happy to confirm you will have plenty!

Firstly, as part of the tour, you will be taken to silk, jade and pearl workshops/outlets. (You'll have the opportunity to buy silk pillows and duvets that can be vacuum packed or shipped home for you) There's also free time in Jinli Street in Chengdu and the shopping streets around the Yu Gardens in Shanghai. Naturally there are also gift shops at all the sights. You will also be bombarded with 'special offers'  from street vendors every time you get off the bus - with 'genuine Rolex' (!!!) for only $10 that will almost certainly have stopped before you get back to the hotel, it's a lot of fun.

You'll have a super time (take plenty of wipes and throat sweets). Happy to help with any other questions.

All the best

Mandy (in Jersey 😉 )

guernseypolly
(Member)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Guernseypolly,

You were asking about retail therapy opportunities and, having done this tour myself back in October 2014, I am happy to confirm you will have plenty!

Firstly, as part of the tour, you will be taken to silk, jade and pearl workshops/outlets. (You'll have the opportunity to buy silk pillows and duvets that can be vacuum packed or shipped home for you) There's also free time in Jinli Street in Chengdu and the shopping streets around the Yu Gardens in Shanghai. Naturally there are also gift shops at all the sights. You will also be bombarded with 'special offers'  from street vendors every time you get off the bus - with 'genuine Rolex' (!!!) for only $10 that will almost certainly have stopped before you get back to the hotel, it's a lot of fun.

You'll have a super time (take plenty of wipes and throat sweets). Happy to help with any other questions.

All the best

Mandy (in Jersey 😉 )

Sounds great! thanks for your info. This will be my first of hopefully many such holidays,next year I'd thought maybe Russia and Sibera there are so many places I want to go to, and friends to make.

guernseypolly
(Member)
'sd53' wrote:

Hi,

I’m booked on this holiday and will be flying to Heathrow in the afternoon before the evening flight to China. I have not booked any optional excursions thus far and would be interested to know what excursions others have already booked.

I've booked Shanghai by night and Xian tang Dynasty show which apparently is a must see,then after the main holiday I'm on the Yangtese river cruise.