J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for that Evelyn. I checked the Gatwick website and it didn't appear that China was a destination on their list of countries that they have flights to. I had no chance today to phone anyone to check. I will get back to worrying about baggage allowance and what kind of case is a secure option for check in baggage:-/

Regards

Janet

'Hexer' wrote:

'J wrote:

I hope it's not Heathrow as I've already booked an overnight stay at Gatwick and train travel there.

Janet

'Hexer' wrote:

'Freshwaterfishingwoman' wrote:

Thanks for that cloud water ...very handy to know ...I had almost decided not to bother ....

Getting very excited now. Have recently been informed that we will be flying via heathrow instead of Gatwick ...a result for me because I am only 5 miles from heathrow. Think this is a good omen.

:Di

I hope we are not travelling from Healthrow as it further for me, is it official as no one has mentioned it to me?

Regards

Evelyn

Phoned JustYou and they informed me we were flying from Gatwick not Heathrow, so no panic re booking hotels etc. Thank Goodness.

Evelyn:thumbup:

estherlowrence@gmail.com
(Member)
'J wrote:

'Hexer' wrote:

Hi Janet

I am booked on the 10th September 2014 China trip with the cruise add on. Booked it last night and got the last seat apparently there are 27 of us going on the trip to China with 15 going on the Cruise. Also feeling a bit nervous as I have never travelled on my own before. Really looking forward it it though. What inoculations do we need?

Evelyn (Suffolk)

Hi Evelyn

I'm not exactly sure what vaccinations we need. When I checked with my Doctor about it being ok for me to tackle the long haul flight and holiday, he said I'm ok for the flight and that our Practice Nurse would be able to sort the vaccinations. I left a copy of the itinerary at the Practice today and the nurse will be phoning me to arrange an appointment and to let me know what's needed. When I know more about the vacs, I'll post it on here for you.

Half of me is getting excited when I think about the trip and half of me is dreading the long flight, but so many people have posted on here about how good the holiday is, I don't think I should worry too much.

I look forward to meeting up with you eventually at the airport in September :)

Janet

Doncaster

Hi Evelyn I am also going on this trip but not with the add on I have my vaccinations booked for next week and am sorting out my large light weight suitcase.

diddly74
(Member)
'estherlowrence@gmail.com' wrote:

'J wrote:

'Hexer' wrote:

Hi Janet

I am booked on the 10th September 2014 China trip with the cruise add on. Booked it last night and got the last seat apparently there are 27 of us going on the trip to China with 15 going on the Cruise. Also feeling a bit nervous as I have never travelled on my own before. Really looking forward it it though. What inoculations do we need?

Evelyn (Suffolk)

Hi Evelyn

I'm not exactly sure what vaccinations we need. When I checked with my Doctor about it being ok for me to tackle the long haul flight and holiday, he said I'm ok for the flight and that our Practice Nurse would be able to sort the vaccinations. I left a copy of the itinerary at the Practice today and the nurse will be phoning me to arrange an appointment and to let me know what's needed. When I know more about the vacs, I'll post it on here for you.

Half of me is getting excited when I think about the trip and half of me is dreading the long flight, but so many people have posted on here about how good the holiday is, I don't think I should worry too much.

Janet

Doncaster

Hi Evelyn I am also going on this trip but not with the add on I have my vaccinations booked for next week and am sorting out my large light weight suitcase.

Hello Just thought I would try to join the forum. (not sure if I have it right)

I am booked on the China trip for 10th Sept but travelling down on the day. looking forward to meeting everyone at the airport and seeing China too.

Diana

estherlowrence@gmail.com
(Member)
Hi I am also booked on the 10th September trip it is my first trip with just you. I will be staying at travelodge in Horley and am traveling down from Milton Keynes on 9th. I have opted for a light weight case.
J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'diddly74' wrote:

'estherlowrence@gmail.com' wrote:

'J wrote:

'Hexer' wrote:

Hi Janet

Evelyn (Suffolk)

Hi Evelyn

Janet

Doncaster

Hello Just thought I would try to join the forum. (not sure if I have it right)

I am booked on the China trip for 10th Sept but travelling down on the day. looking forward to meeting everyone at the airport and seeing China too.

Diana

Hi Diana

Like you, I'm looking forward too to finally meeting up with everyone. Just now I thought Eeeek - as it's only a week today to go and I still haven't had a practice run at packing my case, so that's the next task - I suspect my packing list is wildly optimistic. :rolleyes:

Janet

J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lucinda' wrote:

'J wrote:

'Lucinda' wrote:

You will have an absolutely fab time on this trip. I did this trip last May with the cruise. I put a review in the review section as have a few others. It is a hectic trip but you see everything there is to see and everything is organised for you so you need not worry about a thing!

Any questions, ask away

Lucinda

[/quote

Hi Lucinda

I'm looking forward to it more and more. I can see from quite a few past posts that it will be hectic so I am getting myself fit for plenty of walking. As luck would have it I am looking after my daughter's two dogs while she organises a house move and they need two walks a day so I'm getting fitter already.

As this is my first 'Big Trip' it's all the little details of planning that I'm getting to grips with at the moment, but that's all part of the fun for me. My main worries atm are the size of suitcase I'll need as well as organising inoculations with the Practice Nurse :s

Just had another thought - is there much internet access available?

Regards

Janet

Hi Janet

It is definitely exciting planning the first big trip. Size of suitcase- I would say the average sort of size, you just have to keep roughly to the weight limit, and there is the option of laundry on the cruise. You just have to find a good way to pack due to the number of hotels!

I can't honestly remember jabs wise but I'm sure the nurse will give you the right info.

I believe there was internet access, as a number of people had iPads. I think there was free wifi on the cruise but not sure if it was free in the hotels.

Lucinda

Hi Lucinda

Thank you for the update. I've had the last of my jabs and I'm having a practice run at packing (and weighing) today. The nerves and excitement are certainly on the rise - just a week left.

Regards

Janet