J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Hi

I'm going on the Inspirational China trip including the additional cruise starting 10 September 14.

I'm very much looking forward to it but have to admit that now I've actually taken the plunge and booked it, I'm feeling nervous too as I have never before travelled such a long distance for a holiday. My longest break was a week in Cornwall and the greatest distance was to Gdansk for 4 days with work colleagues, so 17 days and China are steps into the unknown for me!

It would be good to hear from any of you who are booked on the same holiday.

regards

Janet

nanyanne
(Member)
Hi Janet I like you have booked the holiday to China though mine will be in August. I haven't booked the cruise as the dates did not work out for me. I'm also a bit nervous but so excited that I have booked it. I can let you know when I come back how well its gone if you would like. Anne
J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nanyanne' wrote:

Hi Janet I like you have booked the holiday to China though mine will be in August. I haven't booked the cruise as the dates did not work out for me. I'm also a bit nervous but so excited that I have booked it. I can let you know when I come back how well its gone if you would like. Anne

Hi Anne, I hope it all goes well for you - it would be lovely to hear how it went. Many thanks.

Janet

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Janet, I'm hopefully going the week before but there are only four bookings so far on that date, so I'm hoping there will be a surge over the next couple of months! It should be an amazing tour, hope we all have a great time!

Cheers,

Bob

Lucinda
(Member)
You will have an absolutely fab time on this trip. I did this trip last May with the cruise. I put a review in the review section as have a few others. It is a hectic trip but you see everything there is to see and everything is organised for you so you need not worry about a thing!

Any questions, ask away

Lucinda

J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lucinda' wrote:

You will have an absolutely fab time on this trip. I did this trip last May with the cruise. I put a review in the review section as have a few others. It is a hectic trip but you see everything there is to see and everything is organised for you so you need not worry about a thing!

Any questions, ask away

Lucinda

Hi Lucinda

I'm looking forward to it more and more. I can see from quite a few past posts that it will be hectic so I am getting myself fit for plenty of walking. As luck would have it I am looking after my daughter's two dogs while she organises a house move and they need two walks a day so I'm getting fitter already.

As this is my first 'Big Trip' it's all the little details of planning that I'm getting to grips with at the moment, but that's all part of the fun for me. My main worries atm are the size of suitcase I'll need as well as organising inoculations with the Practice Nurse :s

Just had another thought - is there much internet access available?

Regards

Janet

Hexer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Janet

I am booked on the 10th September 2014 China trip with the cruise add on. Booked it last night and got the last seat apparently there are 27 of us going on the trip to China with 15 going on the Cruise. Also feeling a bit nervous as I have never travelled on my own before. Really looking forward it it though. What inoculations do we need?

Evelyn (Suffolk)

Freshwaterfishingwoman
(Member)
I am going in early October with the cruise add on ...

Would be interested to know about jet lag ...especially on the way there.

Would also be interested to know about the inoculations needed.

To be honest I had not considered the jabs ... Oops

J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hexer' wrote:

Hi Janet

I am booked on the 10th September 2014 China trip with the cruise add on. Booked it last night and got the last seat apparently there are 27 of us going on the trip to China with 15 going on the Cruise. Also feeling a bit nervous as I have never travelled on my own before. Really looking forward it it though. What inoculations do we need?

Evelyn (Suffolk)

Hi Evelyn

I'm not exactly sure what vaccinations we need. When I checked with my Doctor about it being ok for me to tackle the long haul flight and holiday, he said I'm ok for the flight and that our Practice Nurse would be able to sort the vaccinations. I left a copy of the itinerary at the Practice today and the nurse will be phoning me to arrange an appointment and to let me know what's needed. When I know more about the vacs, I'll post it on here for you.

Half of me is getting excited when I think about the trip and half of me is dreading the long flight, but so many people have posted on here about how good the holiday is, I don't think I should worry too much.

I look forward to meeting up with you eventually at the airport in September :)

Janet

Doncaster

J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Freshwaterfishingwoman' wrote:

I am going in early October with the cruise add on ...

Would be interested to know about jet lag ...especially on the way there.

Would also be interested to know about the inoculations needed.

To be honest I had not considered the jabs ... Oops

Hi

I'll be posting what I find out about vaccinations as soon as our Practice Nurse contacts me.

I intend to be keeping a diary for this holiday as it's my first major trip so I'll happily post feedback in this forum when I get back.

Regards

Janet

Hexer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'J wrote:

'Hexer' wrote:

Hi Janet

Evelyn (Suffolk)

Hi Evelyn

I'm not exactly sure what vaccinations we need. When I checked with my Doctor about it being ok for me to tackle the long haul flight and holiday, he said I'm ok for the flight and that our Practice Nurse would be able to sort the vaccinations. I left a copy of the itinerary at the Practice today and the nurse will be phoning me to arrange an appointment and to let me know what's needed. When I know more about the vacs, I'll post it on here for you.

Half of me is getting excited when I think about the trip and half of me is dreading the long flight, but so many people have posted on here about how good the holiday is, I don't think I should worry too much.

I look forward to meeting up with you eventually at the airport in September :)

Janet

Doncaster

Hi Janet looking forward to meeting you too, I have booked a hotel (Premier Inn) the night before, so I am fresh for the trip. Looki forward to hearing about those jabs !

Evelyn (Hexer):angel:

Lucinda
(Member)
'J wrote:

'Lucinda' wrote:

Any questions, ask away

Lucinda

Hi Lucinda

I'm looking forward to it more and more. I can see from quite a few past posts that it will be hectic so I am getting myself fit for plenty of walking. As luck would have it I am looking after my daughter's two dogs while she organises a house move and they need two walks a day so I'm getting fitter already.

As this is my first 'Big Trip' it's all the little details of planning that I'm getting to grips with at the moment, but that's all part of the fun for me. My main worries atm are the size of suitcase I'll need as well as organising inoculations with the Practice Nurse :s

Just had another thought - is there much internet access available?

Regards

Janet

Hi Janet

It is definitely exciting planning the first big trip. Size of suitcase- I would say the average sort of size, you just have to keep roughly to the weight limit, and there is the option of laundry on the cruise. You just have to find a good way to pack due to the number of hotels!

I can't honestly remember jabs wise but I'm sure the nurse will give you the right info.

I believe there was internet access, as a number of people had iPads. I think there was free wifi on the cruise but not sure if it was free in the hotels.

Lucinda

Ian Mewett
(Member)
'J wrote:

:s

Hi

I'm going on the Inspirational China trip including the additional cruise starting 10 September 14.

I'm very much looking forward to it but have to admit that now I've actually taken the plunge and booked it, I'm feeling nervous too as I have never before travelled such a long distance for a holiday. My longest break was a week in Cornwall and the greatest distance was to Gdansk for 4 days with work colleagues, so 17 days and China are steps into the unknown for me!

It would be good to hear from any of you who are booked on the same holiday.

regards

Janet

Hi Janet.

I am going on the same trip and the add on so I am looking forward to meeting all the fellow travellers. I am not very good at all this high tech stuff so I hope you get this. Regards Ian Mewett Scotland.

Ian Mewett
(Member)
I don't know if my first attempt worked but in case it failed I'm trying again. Hi Janet I too am on the same trip to China on the 10th of Sept so I look forward to meeting everyone at the airport .Ian travelling from Scotland.
J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

The vaccinations recommended by my Practice Nurse were Hepatitis A and B, Tetanus and Polio. I have the first Hep A & B but can't have the Tetanus and Polio because some years ago I had a severe reaction to the Tetanus vac. Unfortunately the tetanus and polio come as a single jab - however I'm trying to find out if it's possible to have the polio singly because my last one was as a 10 year old on a sugar lump and I really think I need a top-up.

Freshwaterfishingwoman
(Member)
Thanks for that cloud water ...very handy to know ...I had almost decided not to bother ....

Getting very excited now. Have recently been informed that we will be flying via heathrow instead of Gatwick ...a result for me because I am only 5 miles from heathrow. Think this is a good omen.

Hexer
  • (Member)
(Member)

Thanks for that cloud water ...very handy to know ...I had almost decided not to bother ....

Getting very excited now. Have recently been informed that we will be flying via heathrow instead of Gatwick ...a result for me because I am only 5 miles from heathrow. Think this is a good omen.

:D

I hope we are not travelling from Healthrow as it further for me, is it official as no one has mentioned it to me?

Regards

Evelyn

J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I hope it's not Heathrow as I've already booked an overnight stay at Gatwick and train travel there.

Janet

'Hexer' wrote:

I hope we are not travelling from Healthrow as it further for me, is it official as no one has mentioned it to me?

Regards

Evelyn

J Trott-Nicholls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm still dithering over luggage. Can anyone advise whether I should be going for one of the light weight cases and risk it being damaged if it's tampered with or whether I should go for one of the hard shell type and sacrifice weight?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Janet

Hexer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'J wrote:

I hope it's not Heathrow as I've already booked an overnight stay at Gatwick and train travel there.

Janet

'Hexer' wrote:

Regards

Evelyn

Phoned JustYou and they informed me we were flying from Gatwick not Heathrow, so no panic re booking hotels etc. Thank Goodness.

Evelyn:thumbup: