evelynj
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Fellow Travellers

Not long to go now to what I hope will be an exciting holiday. If anyone would like to meet up for a drink at Heathrow before the flight please respond to this thread.

Eve

JanBeth
(Member)
Hi Eve,

I would love to meet up with you and anybody else going on this holiday. Let me know whereabouts you want to meet. As you say, not long to go now! This will be my first Just You holiday and looking forward to it with a mixture of excitement and nervous anticipation!

See you soon :)

Jan

evelynj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jan

That's good. Doesn't look like any of our group use this site. From previous experience this is normal. I suggest we sort out meeting up off line.

Julia can you please forward my e mail details to Jan. Thank you.

Eve

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Eve/Jan

Jan, please can you give me a quick nod that you are happy to receive Eve's email address and I will send this across you you asap.

Kindest regards,

Julia

JanBeth
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Eve/Jan

Jan, please can you give me a quick nod that you are happy to receive Eve's email address and I will send this across you you asap.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

Yes I am very happy to receive Eve's email address.

Thank you so much,

Jan 🙂

Pauline B
(Member)
Hi

I'm also booked on this holiday and getting quite excited now the date draws near. Would love to meet up with you and any other fellow travellers at the airport. Just let me know what you're planning and I'll do my best to find you.

Pauline

JanBeth
(Member)
Hi Pauline,

Eve and I are planning to meet up beforehand and we would love to meet you too. Julia please could you give Pauline my email address.

Thanks!

Look forward to seeing you.

Regards,

Jan

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Pauline,

Can you reply to this thread that you are happy to received Jan's email address, and I'll pop this over to you asap.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Pauline B
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Pauline,

Can you reply to this thread that you are happy to received Jan's email address, and I'll pop this over to you asap.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Yes, that is fine.

Many Thanks.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline,

I've just dropped you a quick email now.

Kindest regards,

Julia

evelynj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pauline

Not long to go now. Is this your first trip with Just You?

Jan is letting you know arrangements re meeting up at Heathrow.

Regards

Eve

Penelope Greenfield
(Member)
Hi Eve/Jan and Pauline,

I am also booked on this holiday which I'm sure will be an amazing adventure!

I would love to meet up with you and any other fellow travellers at Heathrow for a drink. Getting quite excited now!

Just wondered what anyone else was doing about obtaining Rupees i.e. ATM or at the hotel?

Regards,

Penelope

JanBeth
(Member)
'Penelope wrote:

Hi Eve/Jan and Pauline,

I am also booked on this holiday which I'm sure will be an amazing adventure!

I would love to meet up with you and any other fellow travellers at Heathrow for a drink. Getting quite excited now!

Just wondered what anyone else was doing about obtaining Rupees i.e. ATM or at the hotel?

Regards,

Penelope

Hi Penelope,

It's nice to see that there are now at least 4 of us from the forum going on this holiday! I would love to meet up with you. Julia please could you give Penelope my email address, thanks!

I am planning on taking cash with me and hoping to exchange it at the hotels. I don't want to rely on the ATMs as I am not sure how plentiful they are.

Getting very excited now ... one week to go! Look forward to hearing from you.

Jan

evelynj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Penelope

Good to hear from you.

Jan and me are meeting up before check in at Cafe Rouge at 17.30 if you and any others in the group would like to meet up with us. If we do not see you there we will look out for Just You labels after security.

I will wait and get advice from our tour rep regarding the best place to get Rupees.

Look forward to meeting you.

Regards

Eve

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Penelope,

I'm happy to pass on Jan's email address to you (as mentioned above) if you can just reply on this thread that you are happy to receive it.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Penelope Greenfield
(Member)
Hi Julia,

yes I am very happy to receive Jan's email address.

Thank you very much 🙂

Kind Regards,

Penelope

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Penelope,

I have just sent you a quick email.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Penelope Greenfield
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Penelope,

I have just sent you a quick email.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

thank you very much :-)

Kind Regards,

Penelope

zztop27
(Member)
Good morning all.

I'm booked on this trip - my 4th JY holiday - and am looking forward to the adventure. See you all at LHR Terminal 4 on 11th March although may not be at the Cafe Rouge as my sons are giving me a ride to the airport and I'll probably be having a drink with them before I go but I'm sure we'll all get to know each other over the trip.

I plan to get Rupees at ATMs in India - I have done a bit of research online and there are ATMs located at Delhi airport arrivals. I have always got cash on arrival rather than take any with me and have never had any problems (Australia, China and Peru my previous JY adventures). Just remember to let your bank know you are travelling !!

Not long now - got the plug converters and insect repellent so I am just about ready to go.

See you all in a few weeks ... Pete

zztop27
(Member)
Whoops. Just realised I've replied for the 17th February holiday but I'm going in March so won't be seeing you all at the airport.

Pete ...............