BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I've just received details of the optional excursions on this tour and I'm confused by the number of optional flights available - there are four: Grand Canyon helicopter flight, Monument Valley flight, Bryce Canyon flight and Rainbow Bridge flight. Can anyone who has done this tour and the flights please let me know which are worth doing? I'll probably do the GC helicopter and MV flight but regarding the other two there seems to be an overlap and I'm guessing the Bryce one is better than the Rainbow Bridge flight? Is it possible to do both the Monument Valley 4 wheel drive and the M Valley flight?

All help gratefully received,

Cheers,

Bob

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Some of my questions regarding these excursions were answered on another thread but I was wondering could you find out for me if there is an overlap between the Bryce Canyon flight and Rainbow Bridge flight - whether it's a case of doing one or the other and if the Bryce Canyon flight is the better option? I don't want to ring JY again as the lines are very busy at present - let's hope it's lots of people booking holidays! Also if I decide to book one of these flights in resort, will they be the same price and will I be able to pay by credit card?

Many thanks,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

I will speak to one of my colleagues who looks after this tour and come back to you as soon as I have a response.

Kindest,

Julia

mikethesaint
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi I've just received details of the optional excursions on this tour and I'm confused by the number of optional flights available - there are four: Grand Canyon helicopter flight, Monument Valley flight, Bryce Canyon flight and Rainbow Bridge flight. Can anyone who has done this tour and the flights please let me know which are worth doing? I'll probably do the GC helicopter and MV flight but regarding the other two there seems to be an overlap and I'm guessing the Bryce one is better than the Rainbow Bridge flight? Is it possible to do both the Monument Valley 4 wheel drive and the M Valley flight?

All help gratefully received,

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob,

The only optional flight included when I did this holiday last September was the one over the Grand Canyon so much has changed to the itinery. I would certainly recommend the GC flight but can't comment or give any advice regarding the others.

We did a nice walk along the rim at Bryce Canyon which gave plenty of photo opportunities and did the jeep ride through Monument Valley which was very good. As to Rainbow Ridge well that was not even included!!

Mike

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

The official response is as follows...

"The Rainbow Bridge flight is at 07.30 and the Bryce Canyon at 08.30 and depart from the same airport. The only problem would be if the 07.30 was delayed. If he had to chose then I would probably go for the Bryce option. Please advise him that these 2 flights and the Monument valley flight are subject to numbers whilst the Papillon flight isn't."

With all that in mind, it is recommended that you book before leaving the UK so there is a better idea as to whether these will operate.

Hope that all helps,

Julia

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia, that's really helpful many thanks! I think I'll book the Bryce flight and hope that there are enough to do it. I presume if for any reason it does not run (lack of numbers/poor weather) that there would be a full refund?

Best wishes,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

You know me, I do try to help ...

You also presume correctly, if we are unable to operate the excursion, you would receive a full refund.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)