oliveb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Gordon - re meeting up at Heathrow - if you post on Ask the Editor that you are happy to receive my email address, they will pass it on. We can then arrange to meet up.

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE GOING ON THIS TRIP WHO WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP AT HEATHROW??

Best wishes Olive

Cripian
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

Gordon - re meeting up at Heathrow - if you post on Ask the Editor that you are happy to receive my email address, they will pass it on. We can then arrange to meet up.

Best wishes Olive

I would like to meet up with you both I aim to be there for midday

regards Les

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Cripian' wrote:

'oliveb' wrote:

Best wishes Olive

regards Les

Hello Les

That's great. I haven't heard from Gordon yet, but if you post on Ask the Editor that you are happy to receive my email address, I will ask them to forward it. I think its easier than trying to arrange something through the site. Best wishes Olive

Gordy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

Best wishes Olive

Hi Olive,Only just seen your message.will get in touch with the editor.Best wishes Gordon.

Gordy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Cripian' wrote:

'oliveb' wrote:

Best wishes Olive

regards Les

Hi Les,I get to Heathrow from Manchester at 12-15,will meet up with Olive and you.Gordon.

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Gordy' wrote:

'Cripian' wrote:

'oliveb' wrote:

Best wishes Olive

regards Les

Hi Les,I get to Heathrow from Manchester at 12-15,will meet up with Olive and you.Gordon.

Hi Gordon. Just to let you know - Les & I have arranged to meet up outside the Wetherspoons pub (The Crown Rivers) after security. I am planning on arriving at the airport about 12 noon, so I guess by the time we go through check in etc. it will probably be nearer 12.30. But do contact the editor with regards to email address - its so much easier to make arrangements that way. Kind regards Olive

lesley b
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

'Gordy' wrote:

'Cripian' wrote:

'oliveb' wrote:

Best wishes Olive

regards Les

Hi Gordon. Just to let you know - Les & I have arranged to meet up outside the Wetherspoons pub (The Crown Rivers) after security. I am planning on arriving at the airport about 12 noon, so I guess by the time we go through check in etc. it will probably be nearer 12.30. But do contact the editor with regards to email address - its so much easier to make arrangements that way. Kind regards Olive

Hi all, Would love to join you at the Weathespoon pub. Not sure of the time though as yet. Lesley B

lesley b
(Member)
Hello to Olive , Gordon and Les, I would love to meet up with you at the Weatherspoon pub. Not sure when I will be arriving but will keep you posted. Lesley b
oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley wrote:

Hello to Olive , Gordon and Les, I would love to meet up with you at the Weatherspoon pub. Not sure when I will be arriving but will keep you posted. Lesley b

Hi Lesley

Good to hear from you. Don't worry we'll look out for you. Just let us know once you have a rough idea of what time you'll be there. Make sure you have a JY label on your hand luggage. Look forward to meeting you - Olive

Cripian
(Member)
'lesley wrote:

Hi Lesley that will be cool look forward to seeing you,do you have to come far from where you are?

Sussex Downs
(Member)
Well it won’t be long before you go on a truly wonderful holiday. I did it last year with Travelsphere.

As you have chosen this tour with the visit to ‘Little Big Horn’ if you have Sky TV on Friday 3rd May on PBS (channel 166) at 9pm there is a programme all about the battle. It lasts over 2 hours so Sky plus it so you do not have to put up with all the ad breaks!

The Travelsphere tour last year started in Las Vegas and finished in Rapid City. I think the Just You itinerary is better in that the sights just get better. You will be impressed with Salt Lake City. No problems with the hotels. Although there is a lot of coach travelling, there are plenty of stops for a drink and eats. Also many opportunities to spend your money on the native indian goods.

Last year we had snow in Yellowstone Park (25th May) but a few days before in the Arches NP it was 95F, so be prepared!! My favourites were Yellowstone, the Arches NP, Monument Valley (do go on the 4 wheel drive), Lake Powell but Bryce Canyon was brilliant (8000 ft above sea level so the air is a bit thin). I have been to Grand Canyon before but it still takes your breath away.

I took over 1000 photos and 4 hours of video, so have plenty of gb on your memory cards. I had about 20gb.

In Las Vegas unfortunately the Stratosphere Hotel is away from the main strip hotels but is of a high standard. Roxys Diner in the hotel was very good value for your breakfast. Do go on the night tour and hopefully you are able to watch the Bellagio ‘dancing fountains’.

I believe you tour manager is Dean Saliani. All I can say he was brilliant last year. You get a newsletter each day and he plays videos on the coach tv’s to get you even more into the spirit of the west.

Have a great time as I shall be experiencing Texas and New Orleans at the same time.

Regards

Malcolm

Gordy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

'lesley wrote:

Hi Lesley

Good to hear from you. Don't worry we'll look out for you. Just let us know once you have a rough idea of what time you'll be there. Make sure you have a JY label on your hand luggage. Look forward to meeting you - Olive

Hi Lesley

Glad your meeting up with us.The more,the better.Not long to go now.Gordon.

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sussex wrote:

Well it won’t be long before you go on a truly wonderful holiday. I did it last year with Travelsphere.

As you have chosen this tour with the visit to ‘Little Big Horn’ if you have Sky TV on Friday 3rd May on PBS (channel 166) at 9pm there is a programme all about the battle. It lasts over 2 hours so Sky plus it so you do not have to put up with all the ad breaks!

The Travelsphere tour last year started in Las Vegas and finished in Rapid City. I think the Just You itinerary is better in that the sights just get better. You will be impressed with Salt Lake City. No problems with the hotels. Although there is a lot of coach travelling, there are plenty of stops for a drink and eats. Also many opportunities to spend your money on the native indian goods.

Last year we had snow in Yellowstone Park (25th May) but a few days before in the Arches NP it was 95F, so be prepared!! My favourites were Yellowstone, the Arches NP, Monument Valley (do go on the 4 wheel drive), Lake Powell but Bryce Canyon was brilliant (8000 ft above sea level so the air is a bit thin). I have been to Grand Canyon before but it still takes your breath away.

I took over 1000 photos and 4 hours of video, so have plenty of gb on your memory cards. I had about 20gb.

In Las Vegas unfortunately the Stratosphere Hotel is away from the main strip hotels but is of a high standard. Roxys Diner in the hotel was very good value for your breakfast. Do go on the night tour and hopefully you are able to watch the Bellagio ‘dancing fountains’.

I believe you tour manager is Dean Saliani. All I can say he was brilliant last year. You get a newsletter each day and he plays videos on the coach tv’s to get you even more into the spirit of the west.

Have a great time as I shall be experiencing Texas and New Orleans at the same time.

Regards

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm - thanks for all your info. So looking forward to this trip of a lifetime! I do hope you have a wonderful time in Texas & New Orleans. Kind regards Olive

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'oliveb' wrote:

'Sussex wrote:

Regards

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm - thanks for all your info. So looking forward to this trip of a lifetime! I do hope you have a wonderful time in Texas & New Orleans. Kind regards Olive

Hello Malcolm. Did you do the helicopter ride over Grand Canyon. If so - was it worth doing in your opinion? Can't decide whether to book or not. Kind regards Olive

Sussex Downs
(Member)
Hi Olive,

Yes I did do the helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon (second time), well you have got to!!! Our trip was at 5:20pm and I wanted to video the whole trip. Unfortunately the camcorder faced the sun going out , so no pictures but on the return trip they were ok. Last year it cost £110 and it was worth it! Have something to eat before you go as you could be airsick with an empty stomach. It was a very smooth flight.

I went on all the extra trips as you will probably only go once to this part of USA.

Re tips for the tour manager and driver, they are off course paid at the end of the tour!

Malcolm

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sussex wrote:

Hi Olive,

Yes I did do the helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon (second time), well you have got to!!! Our trip was at 5:20pm and I wanted to video the whole trip. Unfortunately the camcorder faced the sun going out , so no pictures but on the return trip they were ok. Last year it cost £110 and it was worth it! Have something to eat before you go as you could be airsick with an empty stomach. It was a very smooth flight.

I went on all the extra trips as you will probably only go once to this part of USA.

Re tips for the tour manager and driver, they are off course paid at the end of the tour!

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm. I have already booked 3 trips - Lake Powell, Monument Valley 4 x 4 and Vegas by night. Think I will book canyon flight then I won't have to worry about paying for it there.

Another question - you said it was snowing in Yellowstone. How cold was it? Just wondering what sort of jacket I should take. Would a good waterproof suffice? Thanks for all your help Malcolm