Seaking
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Has anyone got any advice on which trip would be best for a first time solo traveller, they all look really good! I would really like to go to Peru but wonder if i should do a shorter break first!

Thoughts?

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Seaking

If that's the one you like the look off then GO FOR IT...My 1st trip was a USA tour.. I do'nt think the distance makes a difference, I have done 8 tours now all very good fun and really good holidays..so be bold and brave and book it.

Cindy

JimS
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have done 6 trips with JY and have enjoyed them all. My first trip was to China in 2009. It was a place I had always wanted to visit and I just decided to go for it and haven't looked back since. If you want to go to Peru then I would just do it.

Regds

Jim

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and Welcome

I agree with both Cindy and Jim. If you want to visit Peru then go ahead and book it. You will have no regrets. My first trip with Just You was to Jordan. I always wanted to see Petra so I went ahead and booked the trip without thinking too deeply.

Best wishes

Jaya

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I think the best way to 'break yourself in' to this type of holiday is to book the trip you have always dreamt of doing. The hardest part is firstly taking the plunge and making the booking, and then wondering what on earth you've done in the runup to departure day. If you've booked the holiday of a lifetime you can reassure yourself that even if your worst fears come true atleast you're going somewhere you've always wanted to see. Once you get to the airport you'll realise that all your worries were for nothing, by day two you will be kicking yourself that you didn't do this sooner, and by the end of the trip you will be reaching for the brochure to book the next one.

Be warned though, these trips are seriously addictive!

Sally

gordon2711
(Member)
'Seaking' wrote:

Hi

Has anyone got any advice on which trip would be best for a first time solo traveller, they all look really good! I would really like to go to Peru but wonder if i should do a shorter break first!

Thoughts?

Hi i wanted to do Lake Como but decided to do short trip first .I am going to Prague 12 June as it is my first holiday on my own and Iam nervous and i do believe Prague is a lovely city.

gordon2711
(Member)
Hi I wanted to do Lake Como but decided to do shorter trip so have booked Prague 12 June ,so If any one is going on that I would appreciate a chat to help me get over my nerves as this is my first holiday on my own

Dot .

chriscross34
(Member)
Peru sounds good too. I'd love to visit South America!!! I'm 38, are there any other people around my age too. A mixture of ages is always good.
sue55
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Just go for the trip of your dreams, thats what I did last year, it was my first time and I went to china, it was amazing everyone was friendly mixed ages and I have booked again for eygpt this year, also plan to do short weekend local trip close to home to meet people too. Go, Relax, Enjoy, and have fun life is to short not too.

regards sue 55

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Seaking

& Welcome

So you fancy Peru? Do it! I went in March - fabulous place! I always wanted to go to Machu Picchu & now I have. It was even better than I had hoped & I am so glad I did.

Age range of our group was 27 to late 70s & we all got on great. The tour manager was fantastic & Condor Travel who provided the transport & local guides were so good.

I notice you headed this 'First time travelling alone' - but you know, you will not be travelling alone. You will be going with a group of others who want to see all these wonderful places too.

I see Sue55 has been to China & had a good time. I was there in March last year & she is right - it's fantastic!

So, pick somewhere you have always wanted to go - and go! There really is nothing to stop you. There is a big wide World out there just waiting for you to explore. I am off on Route 66 in September - I can't wait!

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

annieg
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, Have book Sorrento 9th May.First trip on my own feeling a bit nervous. Anybody else

going on this trip?

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi annieg,

No I am not booked on this trip, but I did it last September (birthday treat to myself). You are going to have a great time.

I always wanted to do the Amalfi Drive - and now I have. There is so much to do on this trip so I know you will love it - and no time to be nervous.

You know there really is no need to worry. There is bound to be other people on your trip for whom this is their first trip with Just You too. You will make new friends and wonder why you ever felt nervous.

Have a fantastic holiday - not long to wait now ....And make sure you take your camera !

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel: