jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Davina

That's great, we can meet up for dinner and have a chat.

I'm not sure what time I'm getting there, but it will definitely be before 7.00.

The time just seems to be going quickly now. Unlike you, I'm not working at the moment - made redundant last September having worked for the same company for the whole of my career. Looking for work since. China is my treat for working hard for years!! Not that I haven't had a holiday whilst I was working, but it's been a long time since I ventured on a 'long-haul', so hence the treat!

Keep in touch and looking forward to meeting up.

Take care

Jenny

Davina1979
(Member)
Hi Jenny,

7 weeks today we will be in the air in our way to china!! 🙂

Excellent I look forward to meeting you that evening! I have booked my coach I get in at 18:30.

I'm sorry to hear about your redundancy I was made redundant two years ago, it feels weird when u have always worked. I got a temp job for 9 months and proved myself at the company then applied internally for a role and was offered a full time job been perm there a yr on 26th April. There will def be something out there for u! But it is fantastic u have been able to pay for your trip with your redundancy. Mine has been paid for by a PPI claim on an insurance on my loan that would not pay out when I was made redundant and being a strong believer in fate saw it as a sign to do this trip 🙂

Take care and hope to hear from u soon

Davina

wvan
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SMW' wrote:

Hi Davina. I'm on the 24th May trip, but I'm curious about your comment on travel jabs. From what I've read you don't need travel jabs for China.

Steve

Hi I am going to China on 3 April, I have had , Hepatitis A, Tetanus booster and flue. My doctor checked were i was going and the date of trip.

chris

jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Davina

Thanks for the info re. your own redundancy, I'll be very interested to hear about how your got started with the temping, as I'm finding being out of work boring - you can only do so many 'meet up with friends for coffee/lunch' before you realise that you need to be actually earning something to fund it!!!!

Yes, 7 weeks to go, we'll actually be there!!

In the meantime, keep in touch and look forward to meeting you.

Take care.

Jenny

Davina1979
(Member)
Hi Jenny,

Your welcome, I shall tell you about the temping when I meet you, in the meantime if you have a Hays agency where you are they are worth signing on to they have many good profile company's signed onto them, that's who I to my job through.

Can I ask what kind of coat are you taking to china with you? I'm not sure if to take a summer jacket or a rain mack type (which I would prob need to buy) I think I am taking mainly tshirts how about you?

Do you have an email address? As I was thinking I could then email you my mobile number nearer the time of the trip to arrange dinner.

Take care and please keep in touch.

Davina 🙂

gblady
  • (Member)
(Member)
I,too, was thinking about the Inspirational China trip but can't go in April.

I'm from Poole so let me know all about the trip, also if it was doable to travel to airport on same day.

Janet

jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Davina

Sorry for delayed reply, I don't know where the time is going, we'll be on the plane before we know where we are!

I'm taking a anorak type of jacket and as you say mainly T-shirts, with a couple of jumpers, just in case. I always take too much when I go away, I'm sure we're all the same!

My e-mail is jspilman@btinternet.com if you want to send me a message. Look forward to hearing from you.

Take care and hope to speak soon.

Jenny

MAGGIE49
(Member)
Hi Jenny, Davina and Ruth. I am also going to China on April 24 th. This will be my 2nd trip. I went to Peru a year ago and had a great time. I had the yellow fever, tetanus, polio etc jabs last year, so hopefully I'm covered. I don't think jabs are compulsory. I will be travelling from London, so look forward to meeting you all at Gatwick. Not long now. Maggie
ruthevelyn
(Member)
'MAGGIE49' wrote:

Hi Jenny, Davina and Ruth. I am also going to China on April 24 th. This will be my 2nd trip. I went to Peru a year ago and had a great time. I had the yellow fever, tetanus, polio etc jabs last year, so hopefully I'm covered. I don't think jabs are compulsory. I will be travelling from London, so look forward to meeting you all at Gatwick. Not long now. Maggie

Hi Maggie, nice to have another name to look out for. Like you I'm travelling down to Gatwick from London. Have just been reading the posts on Chinese toilets - Mmmmmm, sounds interesting! Ruth

Davina1979
(Member)
'MAGGIE49' wrote:

Hi Maggie,

Looking forward to meeting u on the 24th April. Can't believe how quickly the tour is coming around now!

see you in 3 weeks

Davina 🙂

jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Maggie

Will be great to meet up with you too.

Not long now .....see you in the Lounge.

Take care

Jenny