jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just booked for 24 April. Really excited but just a bit nervous that I've booked such a big adventure for my first sole holiday! Would be good to hear from anyone else doing this trip.
Davina1979
(Member)
Hi Jenny,

You don't know how happy I am to read this message you have posted! I am also doing this tour on the 24th April and it is my first one! Like you I am quite nervous but excited at the same time!

It would good to get to know you to ease are nerves for the first day and our big adventure!

Davina 🙂

jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Davina

So good to hear you are booked on 24 April too! It's good to know the name of a fellow adventurer. Hopefully, we can keep in touch before the big day, and it will be good to meet up in the departure lounge.

Keep in touch, looking forward to meeting you.

Jenny:)

Davina1979
(Member)
Hi Jenny,

I'm looking forward to meeting you to!

I'm starting to get all my stuff together ready for the holiday now, I had my travel jabs last week the side affects we're not great whilst I was trying to work but just kept thinking of the great trip ahead of me. I also brought my currency at the weekend 🙂 now just shopping for a few new bits for the holiday (that's the excuse I'm using anyway for my little shop lol)

Have you booked onto the couple of optional evening tours that are on offer on the trip? How long have you wanted to go to china for?

Take care

Davina 🙂

SMW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Davina. I'm on the 24th May trip, but I'm curious about your comment on travel jabs. From what I've read you don't need travel jabs for China.

Steve

PaulineD
(Member)
'SMW' wrote:

Hi Davina. I'm on the 24th May trip, but I'm curious about your comment on travel jabs. From what I've read you don't need travel jabs for China.

Steve

I'm off to China on May 22nd too and I've read that you don't need any jabs!!

PaulineD

jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Davinia

I haven't booked any of the optional tours as yet, but I understand I can do it when we get there.

I've wanted to visit China since my late teens, but never thought I'd get there!

Interesting what Steve and Pauline have said about the jobs. I've been in touch with my doctor, but just waiting for a reply.

Hope the shopping is going well.

Take care.

Jenny

Davina1979
(Member)
Hi

I went to my nurse and I had to have hepatitis A, tetanus, diphtheria and polo (those three were one jab) and typhoid. This could have been because I last had them 10yrs ago so they were no longer valid and required again.

I hope I have not caused u concern. I showed my nurse where I was going and this is what I was told.

Regards

Davina

Davina1979
(Member)
'jennywenny59' wrote:

Hi Davinia

I haven't booked any of the optional tours as yet, but I understand I can do it when we get there.

I've wanted to visit China since my late teens, but never thought I'd get there!

Interesting what Steve and Pauline have said about the jobs. I've been in touch with my doctor, but just waiting for a reply.

Hope the shopping is going well.

Take care.

Jenny

Hi Jenny

I'm the same as u I have wanted to go to china for many many years now but none of my friends are interested, so after alot of plucking up of courage I booked myself on this tour as I don't see why I should not live my dream cause my friends have no interest.

I have booked onto the optional tours I'm extremely excited about the shanghai by nite tour.

Have your heard back from your doctor yet re your jabs?

Take care

Davina 🙂

jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Davina

No not heard anything back from the doctor yet, but I have spoken to a nurse at the practice on Friday and she said she'd get back to me on Monday. I might be a bit like you, all those things you mentioned are probably out of date for me as well?

Take care, Jenny

ruthevelyn
(Member)
Hello.

I'm also booked on the April 24th Inspirational China tour. I haven't travelled with Just You since 2001 but that was such a great trip to New Zealand that I'm sure this will be just as good.

According to the government health site, which is admittedly somewhat woolly, unless you are going well off the beaten trap no jabs are considered essential.

I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow travellers.

Ruth

Davina1979
(Member)
Hi Ruth,

Look forward to meeting u to on the 24th April, nice to know a couple of names before the day and get to know people 🙂

Interesting re the different info in different places re jabs I will just consider myself ready for future trips now lol.

Take care Davina 🙂

jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Davinia

I've heard back from the nurse and like you I only need the same jabs as you (as a precaution!).

I don't know where you are coming from but I'm booking in to a hotel the night before at Gatwick, wondered if you are travelling to the airport the same day as we fly?

Can't wait to go actually!

Take care

Jenny

Davina1979
(Member)
'jennywenny59' wrote:

Hi Davinia

I've heard back from the nurse and like you I only need the same jabs as you (as a precaution!).

I don't know where you are coming from but I'm booking in to a hotel the night before at Gatwick, wondered if you are travelling to the airport the same day as we fly?

Can't wait to go actually!

Take care

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I am pleased you have found out about your jabs.

I am undecided at the moment whether I am going to come the same day or stay in a hotel. I am travelling from Bournemouth which is a 3.5hr coach journey which would be an extremely early start. Which hotel are you staying in? As I could look into the price then maybe that will help me decide :-)

I am also starting to get excited still a little nervous but more excitement!

Take care

Davina

jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Davinia

I've booked in at the Premier Inn at Gatwick Airport, it was £49 for the night which includes a cancellation charge. My coach journey would have taken about the same time as yours, I'm coming from Coventry, but I was just a bit concerned that the last check in time is 10.15, and if the coach was late, it might be a bit of a rush. Maybe I'm being a bit over cautious!

It was really good to hear that we now know Ruth as a fellow traveller!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jenny

Davina1979
(Member)
Hi Jenny,

I am very much like u and worried about delays etc so may do hotel as well.

I have just looked into the hotel you have booked into and there are a few premier inns at gatwick. Have you booked into the north terminal one? Or one of the others? Once you confirm I may book.

It was nice to hear from Ruth another person we can get to know.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care

Davina

jennywenny59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Davina

Yes, the one I've booked is Premier Inn North Terminal, its just across the road from the entrance, apparently. I just thought, it would be less hassle to be on site.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Take care

Jenny

Davina1979
(Member)
Hi Jenny,

Sorry for delayed reply work has been hectic this week.

I have just booked into the same hotel as you 🙂 I will prob get there about 7ish (still need to book coach) perhaps we could go and get some dinner together in the evening? I have added breakfast to my bill already for the morning.

Hope you are well and hope to hear from you soon.

Take care

Davina

PaulineD
(Member)
'Davina1979' wrote:

Hi Jenny,

I have just booked into the same hotel as you 🙂 I will prob get there about 7ish (still need to book coach) perhaps we could go and get some dinner together in the evening? I have added breakfast to my bill already for the morning.

Take care

Davina

Hi Davina,

Look forward to meeting you and Jenny at the airport.

PaulineD

PaulineD
(Member)
'Davina1979' wrote:

Hi Jenny,

Take care

Davina

oops sorry,

thought you were going in May.

Senior moment!!!!!!

PaulineD