nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Following on from a conversation with Bob on here

Where is your dream holiday/destination.

I am a lucky girl!! my dream was to visit Oz and Ayers Rock which I have done.

So where do people dream of going or doing ?

Cindy

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Wow Nixon, what a question.

Well being relatively young (26), i still have a few places to go but these are the ones i'd love to do...:

Australia/New Zealand

Mexico

Brazil

Peru

Galapagos Islands

JY do them all however they are nto financially within reach for me at the moment. How about you?

Mark

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy,

I've an ambition of wanting to visit every continent in my lifetime and so far only done North America and Europe so plenty to go at.

Been more specific I'll be doing one of my dreams when I do Route 66 in October (thanks JY) but to be honest been a Blues fan my real American road trip dream is Route 61 (Blues Highway), that basically follows the Mississippi river, would start in Chicago then pick river up at St Louis, then Memphis, Clarksdale (birthplace of the Blues), Vicksburg, New Orleans.

Mick

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Mark

You must defo try and push the boat out and get to visit Australia just an amazing country I loved it. I did go on the New Zealand tour with JY this January this was also worth doing, I just wish I had done both together and not done seperatley. With hind sight (which is a wonderfull thing) should of gone for it in one hit. The flight sure is a LONG one.

My Son was in the Navy and he touched on Brazil and said it was amazing has the tattoos as proof..

I also went on the JY Kenyan Safari which was great as well so for me I think they were my dream holidays.

Every thing else is a bonus for me. I would like to see the Holy land at some stage and I am sure I will visit more parts of the USA.

I hope you get to visit your dreams.. we all have to have things to aim for.. Happy Holidays

Cindy

Littlepaul66
(Member)
Hi Cindy

JY offer so many holidays that fall into the dream holiday for many people. I'm going on Route 66 in October and for me this is a dream holiday. It's so iconic and most of my colleagues are very jealous of me.

Austrailia is another country I'd love to visit. Can't see me getting there for a few years though but you never know.

Paul

anitalaughs
(Member)
'marks' wrote:

Wow Nixon, what a question.

Well being relatively young (26), i still have a few places to go but these are the ones i'd love to do...:

Australia/New Zealand

Mexico

Brazil

Peru

Galapagos Islands

JY do them all however they are nto financially within reach for me at the moment. How about you?

Mark

anitalaughs
(Member)
Well now mine would be...

Peru

Costa Rica

South Africa

Australia ( which I luckily will be able to do next year as my son has emigrated)

Maybe someday I will get round them all!!!

Anita

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
It seems like Route 66 is fulfilling lots of people deams but what I read on the threads on here. Actually not one of the ones I want to do!!

Mick ..So your into the Blues lets hope you get to do route 61 someday... I did quite a few years ago with JY the Nashville and Memphis tour, Grand Olde Opry and Graceland etc which was very interesting.

Anita ..what a bonus with your Son going to OZ, get on that plane asap ..If my Son was there not sure I would want to come back !!! I hope you get to see Peru Costa Rica South Africa.

Good Luck

Cindy

Skye
  • (Member)
(Member)
Being relatively ancient, and loving visiting new places, there aren't that many left on my to-do list. I loved both Australia and New Zealand, did them separately, and I'm so glad I did. There's so much to see in both countries.

Still on my list:

Petra

Istanbul

Holy Land, including Dead Sea and Masada

American Canyons

Istanbul's easily doable, but the others all involve coach travel, and my vertigo's getting worse. Fingers crossed I manage them while I'm still fit enough.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy and everyone,

I haven't been online for a few days and so was delighted to see this thread! Who knows it might encourage the powers that be to do a bit of investigating for 2014 if enough people share their thoughts!

I'm booked to do Vietnam/Cambodia with JY next Feb and hope to do the National Parks, Canyons and Little Big Horn after that. I'd love to do Canada, Peru with the Amazon add-on, Australia, New Zealand with the Cook Islands over the next few years with JY and I'm interested to see what the new Inspiriational China tour entails. Russia (the Golden Ring or better still Baltic states) and Thailand also interest me. I'm not interested in seeing much of Europe at present as I saw much of it when I was younger (Inter-railing) and will save the rest of it for when I'm too weary for long haul flights!

Other hols I'd love to do (that JY are currently not doing) are Costa Rica with Nicaragua (Travelsphere), Hawaii (but linked in with another destination), Tunisia and Morocco (both done by JY until last year), Tanzania, Namibia and Ethiopia. After doing the amazing South Africa/Swaziland/Zambia/Botswana tour with JY last year I fell in love with Africa and I really want to go back and explore some more - Ethiopia would be top of my wish list for the beauty of the Simien Mountains and the amazing rock churches at Lalibela. Think that's more than enough to be dreaming about for now!

Best wishes,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Everyone

My dream is to see the world! There are so many places I want to visit - Australia/New Zealand, South America, China, Galapagos, South Africa, Burma, Nepal, South India - the list goes on and one... I am doing the Holy Land trip in October - another of my dream destinations and am already counting the days.

Regards

Jaya

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Cindy,

Has you may know my dream holiday is about to happen with Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. Been to Singapore and Perth before but not have seen the rest of Australia. Never been to New Zealand.

I was in the services for 35 years and visited lots of different countries all over the world. You mention Brazil, having been to Rio and Recife and couple of times, Brazil is an exciting country and hopefully one day will manage to visit the Amazon area of it.

Another South American destination that I would like to go back to is Montevideo and travel up the river plate and explore the delta to Santa Fa.

I have been to Hawaii but would love to go back again. Visiting the active volcano on the main island was my highlight of my tour of island there!

Eric

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Eric

What services were you in my Son was in Navy for 5 years he visited Brazil, Argentina,South Georgia and the Falklands!! I to have visited Hawaii many years ago, Pearl Harbour was just so heart touching for me.

I hope you get to visit the places you want to. Singapore,OZ and NZ what a fantastic tour that will be you will need a rest when you come back home

Cindy

carolineelisetaylor
(Member)
My dream destinations are Costa Rica, Golden west tour of America, Alaska. Another two I had on my list were Japan and Canadian Rockies Tour, which I did last year and this year, both were amazing places which I reccomend? There are so many parts of the world I'd love to visit.
Chloesonic :)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

Im new to JY and went kenya in june for my 20th Birthday and it was amazing holiday

Ive just booked for China in Sept which Ive always wanted to go but Id love to see the whole world lol

China

India

Peru

borneo orangutans ( Travelspere)

Thailand

:D x

shirleyt33
(Member)
Hi Cindy,

I'm new to JY but i would have to say that my dream holiday would definately have to be

Austrailia/New Zealand/Singapore Hongkong.

America too as i havnt travelled any further afield that Europe. Also St Maarten.s.I could go on for ever really. Thanks Shirley

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
SHIRLEY

I hope your dreams come true......

Cindy

gblady
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have always loved to travel and now being retired I have been able to indulge more. I have been all over Europe, North America, some of Africa, some Caribbeans islands, and Moscow when it was USSR.

Always wanted to transverse the Panama Canal and did 3 years ago and next week I'm going in the other direction.

Next year I have to go to Japan and/or China, after that I may be too old.........

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
You are never too old! Age is just a number...

Jaya

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
:)I have booked my Dream Holiday, first time with JY. America's Golden West in April.