Debbie H
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Ive just booked for the Peterborough Discovery Weekend and this will be my first trip as a solo traveller. Can anyone fill me in on the usual events on these weekends and do the representatives try to get people mixing or are you left alone to get on with it?

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Debbie

I am sure you are NOT just left on to get on with it, the Rep should make sure all is well. I have not done a discovery weekend I jumped straight in for a USA tour. but I am under the impression there is usually a trip out somewhere. Maybe other members have posted about their weekend away so have a look at what they have to say.

Cindy

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hello Debbie

Congratulations on booking your first break with JY. I agree with Cindy that you will not be left on your own. My first break with JY was to Leeds and the Tour Manager was waiting to greet you in the hotel lobby. The Tour Manager moved us around the dining tables so that we all got to know one another as quickly as possible. There was a dance on the first evening and it lasted until there was nobody left standing. In my case that was 1.00am. I had a guided day trip to York on the Saturday, and after dinner another dance that lasted into the early hours. It was a super weekend and a good introduction to JY. Once you have seen how it works, you will be booking your next holiday. GUARANTEED

Best wishes

Peter

Debbie H
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Peter wrote:

Hello Debbie

Congratulations on booking your first break with JY. I agree with Cindy that you will not be left on your own. My first break with JY was to Leeds and the Tour Manager was waiting to greet you in the hotel lobby. The Tour Manager moved us around the dining tables so that we all got to know one another as quickly as possible. There was a dance on the first evening and it lasted until there was nobody left standing. In my case that was 1.00am. I had a guided day trip to York on the Saturday, and after dinner another dance that lasted into the early hours. It was a super weekend and a good introduction to JY. Once you have seen how it works, you will be booking your next holiday. GUARANTEED

Best wishes

Peter

Thanks Peter for that it sounds like you had a really good time and hopefully I will too!

Debbie

AnnJohnstone
(Member)
'Debbie wrote:

Hi

Ive just booked for the Peterborough Discovery Weekend and this will be my first trip as a solo traveller. Can anyone fill me in on the usual events on these weekends and do the representatives try to get people mixing or are you left alone to get on with it?

Hi Debbie

I'm thinking of doing one of these weekends , needing encouragement !! ??

Ann :huh:

Debbie H
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AnnJohnstone' wrote:

'Debbie wrote:

Hi

Hi Debbie

Hi Ann

I think you should just go for it. It took me while to pluck up the courage as I am quite a shy person. I have booked for the Peterborough one on the 19th Oct. If you should decide to book for the same one, let me know and we can look out for each other.

Go for it Ann

Debbie

ronaldclark3
(Member)
hi ann.i went to peterboro on the 19th oct had a great time going again in march .also am going to swindon for the new year ron
ronaldclark3
(Member)
'Debbie wrote:

'AnnJohnstone' wrote:

'Debbie wrote:

Hi

Hi Debbie

Hi Ann

I think you should just go for it. It took me while to pluck up the courage as I am quite a shy person. I have booked for the Peterborough one on the 19th Oct. If you should decide to book for the same one, let me know and we can look out for each other.

Go for it Ann

Debbie

hi debbie i was on the peterboro weekend 19th oct.we may have sat at the same table ron