mgj
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone, Can anyone out there give me a few tips on what you need to take with you i.e waterproofs. shoes etc for walking in the Ahr valley. Thankyou. :thumbup:
JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi mgj

Welcome to The Just You Community. I Have been on this tour on 6 occasions. I would certianly take water proofs. As particualrly the Red Wine Trail. It is very possible that you could experience all types of weather on the same walk. For example it could be very warm and humid one side of the hill. And when you go around it it could be raining.

A lot of the walk is under the trees and woods. However the last 3rd is through the vine yards which is all completely open.

Therefore water proofs are a must. A small day or back pack with water proofs and some warm clothing even on a summer day would be handy along with some water.

I would also wear proper walking trousers as Jeans, cords or tracksuits, I Dont think are suitable. Although they would be okay for the other two walks i reckon as they are more local and shorter . Although you could get away walking in training shoes. However they could get ruined if the weather becomes bad, and therefore i recommend a decent walking shoe or boot.

It is a very good little trip and interesting.

Enjoy

Andy

mgj
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Andy, Thanks for the advice, think I have everything you mention, gonna take a hat just incase weather hot. Looking forward to it,

Thanks again

Mary