nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I thought perhaps I would start this thread, and then it might help the new people to see that once you have been on one JY holiday's we then come back and book more and more.

OK So I am Cindy (Nixon) and my video link is on here for people to view along with Lovely Lesleys link as well.

I have been travelling with JY for the past 6 years and in that time have done 8 tours.

3 x USA..Exhausting but excellant value for money

Poland and the Tatra Mountains.. Auschwitz tour just took my breath away that is an optional trip, the mountains were stunning

Austrian Lakes.. A very nice gentle tour and stunning scenery

Highlights of Tuscany. Another closer to home tour weather was very hot and again a nice tour scenery once again just stunning

Kenyan Safari..This has to rate as one of my fav's as I am a great animal lover so to see them in the wild was again amazing great photo's I also did the add on to stay a few more day's at the second hotel..

This January I went on the Hong Kong and New Zealand Tour..a longer tour and so many hotels to try out, if NZ is your dream then go a great holiday and scenery once again breath taking, Milford sound was literally a heart stopping moment for me.

I love these holidays they are such great fun, I have been in helicopters and seen views I never thought I would see,vfantastic tours well arranged someone to make sure I am where I should be and the people are just great I have had some belly laughs along the way, and tears as well, I have sat and spent time with people much older than myself (I am 53) and I love to listen to their stories on life, and I have also spent time with younger people who I can relate to having two Sons.

The only holiday I had a problem with was Australia which I booked and JY had to cancel I could not do the date they offered, so I went another way, doing a very similar tour, AUTRALIA was another love for me.

I don't know if this will help people but what I think I am trying to say is GO FOR IT, there is a vast world out there to see and people are just people we can all rub along for a week or two.

Cindy

KMcP
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all, I've done 3 JY tours:

Sep 2010 Parks and Canyons

May 2011 Lake Garda

Oct 2011 Beautiful Bruges

I loved them all, I'm booked on the Canada and USA tour for Oct 2012 and I'm following the threads on China, I may do that next year! Karen.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy,

My first trip with JY was 2 years ago and so far I've done 5.

June 2010 - Americas Golden West - Fantastic holiday would recomend it to anyone

Nov 2010 - Treasures of Andalucia - Another very good holiday with some cracking excursions.

April 2011 - Discover Mallorca - Another worthwhile holiday although between he two european hols thought andalucia better.

June 2011 - Parks & Canyons - Loved it, wish it was longer though, 8 nights (10 day) are not enough.

Xmas 2011 - Lake Annecy & French Alps - Lovely area but to be honest the coach journey was not my cup of tea, french countryside was boring and the stopover hotels were basic and not near anywhere interesting. Long journey for 4 nights in a nice place.

Got Austrian Lakes booked for august and Route 66 in October, looking forward to both.

Go to agree my advice is the same "Go For it", not only are the places you visit good, you'll meet some fantastic people.

Mick

bondensbabe
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Hi Cindy,

My first trip with JY was 2 years ago and so far I've done 5.

June 2010 - Americas Golden West - Fantastic holiday would recomend it to anyone

Nov 2010 - Treasures of Andalucia - Another very good holiday with some cracking excursions.

April 2011 - Discover Mallorca - Another worthwhile holiday although between he two european hols thought andalucia better.

June 2011 - Parks & Canyons - Loved it, wish it was longer though, 8 nights (10 day) are not enough.

Xmas 2011 - Lake Annecy & French Alps - Lovely area but to be honest the coach journey was not my cup of tea, french countryside was boring and the stopover hotels were basic and not near anywhere interesting. Long journey for 4 nights in a nice place.

Got Austrian Lakes booked for august and Route 66 in October, looking forward to both.

Go to agree my advice is the same "Go For it", not only are the places you visit good, you'll meet some fantastic people.

Mick

Next weeks holiday to Croatia will be my second. I did the Cilento Coast last May.

I would love to do more but anymore than 8 days is out for me because of a lack of leave days from work. Plus I fly to Michigan each October to see a friend.

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
I finally plucked up the courage to do my first trip at the end of 2008 to China, since then I have not looked back, I have been to Thailand, Kenya, Mauritius, Cuba, Antigua and Malaysia and have just booked for Turkey. At 45 I am usually one of the younger ones in the group, but every trip has been fantastic, everyone is in the same boat and age is never a problem, remember it's just a number and everyone gets along just fine. I have had some wonderful experiences going places and doing things that I would never have done if I hadn't gone on an organised tour. I've snorkelled, water skied, swam with stingrays and treked through rainforest and had an altogether great time. I really would recomend these trips, I am already looking at Christmas in Vietnam and may even manage to fit in Costa Rica too.

I agree with Mick and Cindy, just go for it.

Tim

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done:

North Cyrpus & Tunisia (with Solo's)

China, Italy, Peru, India, Jordan, Russia, Syria (Just You)

Israel (Travelsphere)

I did the Solo's trips first and then discovered Just You have used them since.

I have been to South Korea, Ireland & Barcelona (without using a travel company)

All have been great and have never looked back! Don't think I can afford a holiday this year but

will make up for it next year!

Anna

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Im about to go on my 7th.

I have done a tour of Morroco. Wonderful

West Coast USA. Hectic but great fun

Florida stay and Cruise to Bahama..Lovely trip

Rail trip around Eastern Europe Another fun trip but tiring

Sorrento. Stunning scenery

Heart of Alpine Europe Interesting

Unfortunately some of the above are no longer available

I have been on other Singles holidays but the atmosphere on Jy is generally the best.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

My name is Jaya and I have only done two trips so far - would have been three if I did not have to cancel last year. I have been to:

Jordan Sept 2009- a great holiday. Petra was awesome and the add on stay at the Marriott, Dead Sea, was fantastic.

Andalucia Sept 2010 - A beautiful place, very safe. Trips to Alhambra and Gibraltar (both optional) were great.

I am going to Costa de la Luz on 22 May and have booked the Holyland trip for October. I am thinking of China next year. There are so many places I want to visit - New Zealand, Australia, South America etc. It will take time to catch up with Cindy though!!

Those of you who are thinking about a singles holiday, Just You is fantastic. Go ahead and book one and you will never look back!

dorf12
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I have been on 4 JY hols first one China, 2 America and Cuba, all fab hols with great people, will be going again with JY as really well organised.

Dot

RogertheRed
(Member)
I'm doing my sixth next week since 2008. We just keep coming back for more.
DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have been on 7: I went on a short-ish holiday first cruising down the Nile after my Wife died just to see how I liked it. Splashed out the next year to China, then Canada plus cruise add-on and just come back from Australia and Hong Kong. In between I have taken 3 short breaks to Istanbul, Monet's Garden and the French Alps for Christmas. Have Floriade booked for August.

All have been very enjoyable although I would agree with earlier comments regarding hotels en route and length of time travelling in short break to Alps.

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
So if any of the newbies are looking in on this thread, I can say that there are many of us who come back time and time again on theses holidays....I hope that it shows a positive vibe to one and all.

Cindy

willow
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI

I did my first JY holiday last year to China, this year I am doing Thailand......

There's so many I want to do...so little time and money tho..

iris bull
(Member)
I have been to the Black forest in Germany. And also on the Tour to Graceland including Memphis and Nashville it was great and we all got on well together.

I am going on the tour of Canada and New England in the fall in September

Iris

iris bull
(Member)
Has any one been on the New England and Canada in the fall tour,as i am going in September and would like to hearyour opinions. what was it like and did you enjoy it Iris
nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Iris

I to did Memphis and Nashvile a few years ago great tour that was..I have not done the new england one thats in the brochure no, but my first tour was Boston New England and New York fantastic tour. Have fun

Cindy

zztop27
(Member)
I have done 2 JY trips - Australia last October and just got back from China last week. Both great holidays and great travelling companions.

Pete ................

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

I thought perhaps I would start this thread, and then it might help the new people to see that once you have been on one JY holiday's we then come back and book more and more.

OK So I am Cindy (Nixon) and my video link is on here for people to view along with Lovely Lesleys link as well.

I have been travelling with JY for the past 6 years and in that time have done 8 tours.

3 x USA..Exhausting but excellant value for money

Poland and the Tatra Mountains.. Auschwitz tour just took my breath away that is an optional trip, the mountains were stunning

Austrian Lakes.. A very nice gentle tour and stunning scenery

Highlights of Tuscany. Another closer to home tour weather was very hot and again a nice tour scenery once again just stunning

Kenyan Safari..This has to rate as one of my fav's as I am a great animal lover so to see them in the wild was again amazing great photo's I also did the add on to stay a few more day's at the second hotel..

This January I went on the Hong Kong and New Zealand Tour..a longer tour and so many hotels to try out, if NZ is your dream then go a great holiday and scenery once again breath taking, Milford sound was literally a heart stopping moment for me.

I love these holidays they are such great fun, I have been in helicopters and seen views I never thought I would see,vfantastic tours well arranged someone to make sure I am where I should be and the people are just great I have had some belly laughs along the way, and tears as well, I have sat and spent time with people much older than myself (I am 53) and I love to listen to their stories on life, and I have also spent time with younger people who I can relate to having two Sons.

The only holiday I had a problem with was Australia which I booked and JY had to cancel I could not do the date they offered, so I went another way, doing a very similar tour, AUTRALIA was another love for me.

I don't know if this will help people but what I think I am trying to say is GO FOR IT, there is a vast world out there to see and people are just people we can all rub along for a week or two.

Cindy

Hello Cindy

I have been on two Just You trips; Pyramid and nile cruise (2007) an excellent and amazing holiday steeped in history which I would highly recommend. My second holiday was to Northern Cyprus which I enjoyed. I am currently booked on the Kusadasi trip in September. Prior to the holidays, I, like most, am rather anxious but once I get there everyone is friendly and really is in the same boat. The trips are well organised and you are looked after from start to finish. If any of you are going to Kusadasi in September then I look forward to sharing the delights of Turkey with you. Mel P

patricebry
(Member)
'Roger wrote:

I'm doing my sixth next week since 2008. We just keep coming back for more.

Hi,

I'm going on my 8th JY holiday in September to Texas and New Orleans.I had my first holiday (a cruise round Italy on the Ocean Majesty in September 2006. Since then I have done

Americas Parks and Canyons (twice!

Coastal California and Mexican Cruise

Lake Como

The Cilento Coast

Athens and Greek Island Cruise

They have all been wonderful!!

Regards, Pat

badskittler
(Member)
It is 13 months since I took the plunge and booked my first solo holiday after a lifetime of cruising and caravaning was curtailed. My first was with JY and I was really glad it was as like many others I booked my second holiday as soon as I completed the first. I decided to try a range of different holiday types with a range of companies to see what might suit me, now alone. So far:-

• Rail journey around Eastern Europe with JY; absolutely fabulous.

• Olu Deniz, Turkey with company No 2; great holiday, rubbish company that I will never use again.

• Lindos, Rhodes with company No 3; great holiday, great company.

• Minibus tour of Iceland with company No 4; special offer avoiding single supplement. Cold, wet and fabulous (would recommend to anyone).

• June - trying Albufeira, Portugal with Company No 3 again.

• August - Ahr Valley with JY.

• October - Lindos, Rhodes. Trying a repeat trip to the same venue.

• Next year - thinking of Route 66, USA with JY; Top to Toe, Italy with Travelsphere (and single supplement); and Thailand with 9 others on a standard package deal.