angela
  • (Member)
(Member)
'vina' wrote:

hello everyone

it was nice to see this string going.

i have travelled abroad with JY, but this will be my first UK event.

i was advised it was the best one for me as of big numbers and the good mix of ages.

i am travelling from southampton, so yes a little worried about the weather too but fingers corssed it is good to us this year.

i look forward to seeing you all then and making some good freinds.

best wishes, vina

angela
  • (Member)
(Member)
'annabella' wrote:

'JoLou' wrote:

'annabella' wrote:

'JoLou' wrote:

'annabella' wrote:

Hi every one I am a newbie and I am going on my first break in the UK I will be seeing in the new year in Hinckley Leicestershire, then hopefully I will step into the big wide world next year. I was wondering if any one else will be going on this break.

Hi Annabella ... I'll be there !!! Phew! A newbie like me! It will also be my first venture completely on my own ... I'm looking forward to it, whatever it brings, beats sitting in alone for yet another New Year... JoLou..x

Hi Jolou nice to get a reply from you feel better already about new year, at last I am looking forward to new year now, as you say beats being on your own when the world parties in the new year. I will be travelling from near Ipswich, and will be staying for 3 nights. Look forward to seeing you there. Annabella

Hi again ... I'm coming from Norwich so will probably be following you up the road !! Can't wait ....x

Hi I do drive but bit concerned re the weather that time of year so will be letting the train take the strain to Hinkley then taxi.look forward to seeing you there.x

Hi ladies going to Hinckley for New Year - I am seriously tempted to join you all at Hinckley for the New Year celebrations - I am a newbie and really nervous! However, I am reading such good comments from you all! Do we all feel like a party? Anyone know the age range of people going?

Angela

angela
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All - I am interested to read all your messages about New Year at Hinckley. I am a newbie and am seriously tempted to join you all for the New Year. Still very nervous and can't quite take the plunge. Are you all up for a party? Does anyone know the average age range of the New Year Group? Angela
angela
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ladies - I am also a newbie and very tempted to join you all for the New Year, but just can't take that final plunge - maybe just a few more days to think! Are we all up for a party? Angela;)
annabella
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'angela' wrote:

Hi Ladies - I am also a newbie and very tempted to join you all for the New Year, but just can't take that final plunge - maybe just a few more days to think! Are we all up for a party? Angela;)

Hi Angela Think we have all had the same thoughts it being our first solo holiday but I came to the thought you take a chance or do nothing, but reading all the threads it is getting more exciting. Think we are all going to party with our new friends. Annabella

angela
  • (Member)
(Member)
'annabella' wrote:

'angela' wrote:

Hi Angela Think we have all had the same thoughts it being our first solo holiday but I came to the thought you take a chance or do nothing, but reading all the threads it is getting more exciting. Think we are all going to party with our new friends. Annabella

Hi Annabella you are absolutely right and I am fast reaching that decision - you have to take the plunge and it looks as if we will have great fun - I will probably book over the next few days. Thanks for responding! Angela:thumbup:

JoLou
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi again everyone... its good to read so may people are taking the plunge... and for those reading who are still a bit scared...Come on! Please join us !! ... I haven't done any trips yet and this will be my first, but am so looking forward to seeing in the new year with some new friends and having a dance and no doubt a giggle too ... sure beats sleeping through the chimes!! I don't yet know how they organise it, but i guess we just mingle and find each other! I'm travelling from Norwich and staying for the 2 nights ... if coincidence has it that you are too, then i'd be happy to pick you up and share petrol costs with you... Can't wait to wander around Warwick and the Castle too...

JoLou

x

angela
  • (Member)
(Member)
'annabella' wrote:

'JoLou' wrote:

Hiya Rosie and Suzy and Carol, and hello again Annabella, will be lovely to meet up with you all for New Year ... getting closer now! Really looking forward to it!

So thats 5 of us so far ... I wonder how many more.... :)

JoLou

x

Hi All I asked Olly how many people are going to the New Year at Hinckley and he said 83 are doing the 2 nights and 59 are doing the 3 nights should be quite a party. :thumbup:

Hi Rosie Suzy Carol Annabella and JoLou - make that 6 if you don't mind me gatecrashing the party! I have just booked for 3 nights - the ladies rooms for 2 nights were all sold out! Look forward to meeting you all and heres to a great start to 2012. Angela:rolleyes:

Carol King
(Member)
'annabella' wrote:

'Carol wrote:

Hi I am not exactly a newbie as I have been to china with just you. I shall be at Hinckley for New Year and it's really nice to see all the friendly coments.

I am now looking forward to haveing a great time. Carol

Hi Carol thank you for your reply, really looking forward to the New Year and meeting lots of nice people. Where are you travelling from?

Hi

All the way from Skegness, I am hopeing for good weather

Carol

Lionelc
(Member)
Hi All, I'm new to this single thing and have been looking at these posts. I want to take the plunge and come and party, not be on my own at NYE! Any ideas on ages going to this event? I'm a young 50, but can dance like half my age... should I come and gatecrash, I'm nervous about doing this on my own. Any advise from people? I think only the 2 nights is available now.. Lionel
angela
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lionelc' wrote:

Hi All, I'm new to this single thing and have been looking at these posts. I want to take the plunge and come and party, not be on my own at NYE! Any ideas on ages going to this event? I'm a young 50, but can dance like half my age... should I come and gatecrash, I'm nervous about doing this on my own. Any advise from people? I think only the 2 nights is available now.. Lionel

Hi Lionel - I think you should come and gatecrash! I have taken the plunge and really nervous about going, but have booked now! I like to think I am a young mid-50! Looking at the online booking today, I believe the 3 night break is still available.:exclamation:

Lionelc
(Member)
Angela, thanks for the reply - makes me feel better already. I'm nearly there and you're right the 3 nights is available - I'm not very good using the web site! (I'm in IT btw!!). If I come I'll be coming from Bristol direction if anyone needs a ride - assuming weather is OK!

I really do want to meet some new friends - anyone else want this?

annabella
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Lionelc' wrote:

Angela, thanks for the reply - makes me feel better already. I'm nearly there and you're right the 3 nights is available - I'm not very good using the web site! (I'm in IT btw!!). If I come I'll be coming from Bristol direction if anyone needs a ride - assuming weather is OK!

Hi Lionelc I am a tad older in my mid 6o's and going on the 3 night break. and really looking forward to meeting new friends and enjoying the party. I see there are lots of newbies so we will all be in the same boat all looking to enjoy the new year. I am in the process of moving just now but I will be travelling from Suffolk. Looking forward to meeting you all Annabella

Carol King
(Member)
'annabella' wrote:

'Lionelc' wrote:

Hi Lionelc I am a tad older in my mid 6o's and going on the 3 night break. and really looking forward to meeting new friends and enjoying the party. I see there are lots of newbies so we will all be in the same boat all looking to enjoy the new year. I am in the process of moving just now but I will be travelling from Suffolk. Looking forward to meeting you all Annabella

Hi All

I am comeing from the opposit side of the country, Skegness. If I can pick anyone up let me know. So long as tom-tom can find you

angela
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lionelc' wrote:

Hi Lionel - yes I want to meet new friends also! Hope you have now taken the plunge! Looks like it is going to be a great party!!:thumbup:

Bernadette2you
(Member)
Hi

I'm Bernadette and just signed up to the two nights 🙂 I'm new to Just You and really look forward to meeting some new friends and bringing in the New Year with you all :)

I'm not coming that far - just near High Wycombe so only need to bomb up the M40 😉!!

Bernadette

annabella
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bernadette2you' wrote:

Hi

I'm Bernadette and just signed up to the two nights 🙂 I'm new to Just You and really look forward to meeting some new friends and bringing in the New Year with you all :)

I'm not coming that far - just near High Wycombe so only need to bomb up the M40 😉!!

Bernadette

Hi Bernadette not long now to the new year really looking forward to meeting new friends. I am coming from Suffolk so a bit further to come than you. Should be a great new years eve Annabella

angela
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bernadette2you' wrote:

Hi

Bernadette

Hi Bernadette

Great to see that you have taken the plunge:D When did you book, as I was unable to get the 2 nights as this was not available?:exclamation:

Bernadette2you
(Member)
'angela' wrote:

Hi Bernadette

Great to see that you have taken the plunge:D When did you book, as I was unable to get the 2 nights as this was not available?:exclamation:

I booked 28Nov. I'm not sure I understand how the 3 night can be available and not the 2? I'm staying NYE and the next night. Really looking forward to meeting you all :)

Bernadette

rosie3
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone,

I have just noticed all the replies and am so happy there will be lots of us there. The weather looks OK so far, may I wish you all a safe journey. We should certainly bring in the New Year in style. Looking forward to meeting new friends. Have a Happy Christmas and see you soon.

Love Rosie