lynnheinz57
(Member) (Topic Starter)
i'm Lynn and a new member, i'm 54 yrs young I was married for 30yrs and have now been divorced for 2 yrs. I miss going on holiday, so i'm looking to book my first holiday on my own. So was wondering if anyone has booked to go to Costa de la Luz in Oct 2011. It would also be nice to hear from anyone to offer some advise and support on going away on your own. :thumbup:
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
If you fancy the holiday just go for it I'm sure you'll have a great time.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lynn

Welcome I am not on this tour but you will be fine have a great trip.

Cindy

julian888
(Member)
Hi Lynn, welccome to the forum :)

The trips I've been on have all been very well organised and really enjoyable. I've met some interesting people and had a lot of fun on them. My advice would simply be to relax, smile and enjoy the holiday!

Julian

lynnheinz57
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

If you fancy the holiday just go for it I'm sure you'll have a great time.

thanks for the advice:)

lynnheinz57
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'julian888' wrote:

Hi Lynn, welccome to the forum :)

The trips I've been on have all been very well organised and really enjoyable. I've met some interesting people and had a lot of fun on them. My advice would simply be to relax, smile and enjoy the holiday!

Julian

thanks julian, your advice was really helpful. 🙂

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Lynn

Welcome to the Just You Forum. Yes you are young but I am younger lol no offence meant. I have just returned from Austria and therefore I am not on this trip, I did visit Bulagria earlier in the year to which I enjoyed. However I am thinking of venturing to new places, And this trip interests me, And would welcome some feed back please.

As for going on your own, I expect the first time in many a while. Have no fear, You will be fine. I expect there will be a large number of your group in a similar position to yourself. I can assure you that after the intitial first day you will be fine and wonder what all the worry and fuss was about. The good thing is that everyone on your trip has a similar interest as yourself and you all want to be there. And you are pretty much in the same boat. The plus side of things though, Is that you will have an experienced Tour Manager who will help and assist you through out your stay, And will give you loads of tips and advice as to how to make the most of your holiday.

Enjoy you trip

Andy

alisone
(Member)
Hi Lynn

I am booked to go on 11th October, is this the same trip as you. I have not been with Justyou before and it is the first time I have been on holiday alone for many years.

Alison

lynnheinz57
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'alisone' wrote:

Hi Lynn

I am booked to go on 11th October, is this the same trip as you. I have not been with Justyou before and it is the first time I have been on holiday alone for many years.

Alison

Hi Alison, That was the date i intended to go, but there was 1 place left on the 27th Sept date so I booked that one. What a shame. But I will be able to give you some feed back and any tips though.

Lynn.

lynnheinz57
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Lynn

Welcome to the Just You Forum. Yes you are young but I am younger lol no offence meant. I have just returned from Austria and therefore I am not on this trip, I did visit Bulagria earlier in the year to which I enjoyed. However I am thinking of venturing to new places, And this trip interests me, And would welcome some feed back please.

As for going on your own, I expect the first time in many a while. Have no fear, You will be fine. I expect there will be a large number of your group in a similar position to yourself. I can assure you that after the intitial first day you will be fine and wonder what all the worry and fuss was about. The good thing is that everyone on your trip has a similar interest as yourself and you all want to be there. And you are pretty much in the same boat. The plus side of things though, Is that you will have an experienced Tour Manager who will help and assist you through out your stay, And will give you loads of tips and advice as to how to make the most of your holiday.

Enjoy you trip

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the advice your message was helpful and encourging. I will let you know how Costa De La Luz, goes. Good luck with your trips.

Lynn

alisone
(Member)
'lynnheinz57' wrote:

'alisone' wrote:

Hi Lynn

Alison

Hi Alison, That was the date i intended to go, but there was 1 place left on the 27th Sept date so I booked that one. What a shame. But I will be able to give you some feed back and any tips though.

Lynn.

Hope you have a good time