JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

I am doing this trip for the 2nd time on the 7th of August and would be delighted to hear from anyone on this trip. This is a fantastic trip with so much to see. And if we are lucky with the weather, It will be even better.

In the hotel please note that they do not have hair dryers. Therefore please take your own. Also ensure you take some soap. As if i recall they do not supply anything except for a very small complimentary bar.

The Strand Hotel where we are staying. Is one of the very few hotels in Austria that actually supply kettles and tea/coffee etc in the rooms. However as you run out of sugar,milk etc. They will not replenish anything, And you will have to buy your own. There is a supermarket at the other side of town, Which is only a 15 minute walk at most from hotel. Mind you there is a little schnapps shop on route lol.

For anyone thinking of doing the optional trip into Bohemia Czech Replublic. Do not worry about different currencies. As they do also take the Euro in the vast majority of the shops, restaruants etc.And there are also several Places where you can change currencies if you so wish.

Please also ensure you purchase some insect repellant for the trip. As there maybe some very small friends flying about, particularlly as we are surrounded by large lakes and fields.

Also note that there is no lift at the hotel. Although the stairs are very wide. And not very many of them about 4 flights.

I look forward to seeing you all somewhere at Gatwick.

I shall be flying down from Glasgow,

I hope this helps and will see you all soon

Regards Andy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Andy

I to did this trip a couple of years ago and really did enjoy it, the Strand and staff were very good and I loved the cake and coffee cafe down the road, spent many trips there. The scenery was stunning a very good short trip holiday

Cindy