joyce1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi jenny

From now on and whilst on holiday I will try not to mention old. I would love to meet up at heathrow,but have to say I have not flown from heathrow for years, so am a little nervous to say the least. I think but not certain N ational Express Depot is by terminal 3 but as soon as I know flight times, will let you know where I will b e arriving, and what time I will hopefully arrive at the correct terminal, perhaps then we can arrange a meeting place, before check-in.

Take care of yourself, not too long now.

Joyce1

jennyH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joyce,

T3 is quite a nice easy one to use, so don't panic. When you know your eta, let me know & we will arrange a meeting place, I'm driving down so I can time it to suit. Heathrow does have a very good web site, which gives a floor plan of T3. Have found out that you can only take £400 worth of Yuan's into China,(but any amount of £ or $), so have ordered that. Won't be long now, the last few weeks will fly by, am really getting excited.

take care

Jennyh

pmb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jenny & Joyce,

Not long now is it ? I'm very excited. I have now done everything I can other than get Chinese currency - apparently they sell it at my local post office and just need a couple of days notice so I will do that nearer the time. I will be driving to Heathrow and have got a good deal on off-airport parking so that is sorted. Heathrow is a pretty busy place so I guess I'll see you both in the executive lounge - haven't been in it before but I expect it will be nice (have been in a few others and they are generally very comfortable). So roll on Sept 9th.

Pauline

patsyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello all you people going to China in Sept. I'm not on this trip, but when you return I would love to hear your comments as I am very interested in going next year. Having read the itinerary, I'm worried that it may be a bit too "full on" for me - I'll be 72 next year - and also the humidity. I've done 4 trips with JY - two to America and Mexico and two to Europe - and I'm going to Italy in Sept.

Have a wonderful trip and please let me know what it's like when you return.

Regards, Pat

jennyH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi pauline, joyce & patsyb

joyce, i got my yuan's from my local post office, their rates are usually very good & no commission. like you i am driving to heathrow, but have yet to book my parking, used Qpark last year. really looking forward to meeting up with both of you.

Patsy, will definately let you know how we get on, on the thailand/cambodia trip last year we had a lady in her 80's, so don't worry.

not long now ladies, let the fun commence

take care

jennyh

joyce1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jenny,Pauline,and Pat

Jenny I will let you know as soon as I know the approx time I will be arriving at Heathrow, will certainly be glad of the company of someone to check-in with., I was aware that the max chinese currency was £400 but thanks for your info anyway. I will take some £" I have also got a mastercard cash card which I can top-up, it can be used for purchasing goods and withdrawel at atm machine which I haveused in europe, and I presume can be used in china, thought it would save having too much cash on you, also from other testimonials you dont seem to require too much cash, as everything is included, other than drinks etc, unless you like to shop for souvenirs, when I am on holidays these days, I only ever look for something for my grandson, and grandaughter.

Pauline lovely to hear from you, and look forward to meeting-up in the exec lounge.

Pat will only be to pleased to let you know how the holiday went, just keep checking this board aroung end of September.

Well ladies like you I am getting very excited, will keep in touch with latest events.

Take care.

Joyce1

jennyH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joyce,

I agree with you it sounds as though a large amount of £ are not necessary, other than souveniers, drinks etc. but will take some & cards as well (just in case) I did use an ATM's in Thailand (just wanted to see if it worked). Have just about got everything together so am all ready to start packing,roll on the next few weeks.

Take care

Jennyh

jennyH
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi joyce,

saw your message, but it disapeared before i could reply.sounds like you have been having a busy time, hope your mum is better. i have left my mobile number with ollie ( the editor), so if you email him he will forward it to you, thought it might make life a bit easier to find each other at the airport. just waiting for the tickets to arrive, getting excited not long now. take care.

jennyh

joyce1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jenny

On looking I can see that my last two messages have not transmitted, all I know that I have been having trouble with my computer, "what a time to play-up" anyway have booked my ticket via National Express, whould be arriving around 3.00pm have looked at the map of terminal 3 which according to office staff we will be flying from around 8.20pm.

I will ask my son to print-out map of arrivals at term 3 he has up-to-date computer, then perhaps we could arrange to meet. So sorry you have not had a reply it is not that I have not b een trying, hope this message gets through.

I am now getting so exited.

Hope you are well.

Joyce1

joyce1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jenny

Received your message, have now been in touch with olly, should receive your mobile soon, I have also given him my mobile number, and also my email address, so if you get in touch with him, he should also give you these, agree will make life easier. I will be arriving at the main bus terminal at heathrow, which doesn't seem to far from term 3.

I received my final docs to-day, have also got my yuan, now its the dreaded packing? panic mode is definately setting-in, but also excited beyond belief, this time next week we will be up-in the air.

Take care.

Joyce1

jennyH
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi joyce,saw your arrival time at t3,if you look at the floor plan for departures,just inside the main entrance the is a ticket/exchange/information block, we can either meet there, or just outside there is a coffee bar type thing (think it is costa's) how about we meet up about 3.30. really looking forward to meeting up at last, getting very excited now that tickets etc have arrived.take care, see you very soon.jennyh
BarbyM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Ladies,

I am a novice to Just You, my first trip is to Prague, Vienna and Budapest this month and have booked a trip to China in Sept 2010. I would love to hear all about your trip to China on your return. Have a great holiday.

joyce1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hello barbym&patsyb

Well barby all I can say you are going to be in for a holiday of a lifetime next year, china was an absolute amazing place, we were so lucky we had wonderful weather, the forbidden city, the greatwall, and the terracota warriors, the temples it is more than you can take-in it is only now when looking back it is sinking-in on the wonderful places we all saw, the two shows that were included were fabulous not to be missed, we were taken to different restaurants for lunch, and evening dinner every-day which I enjoyed rather than eating in the same place all the time, the hotels were lovely rooms very spacious, with all the toiletries hairdryers etc., there were over 30 in our party, age range from 40 to well over 70 and we all got on famously, around 10 only did the 10 day holiday, the rest of us did the yangtze add-on which I am so glad I did, the boat trip was very relaxing excursions were done in the morning, we were back around 12-1230 with the rest of the day to do as you pleased, again the cabins were large double beds, and you even had your own veranda.

I cannot put into this message all the places we saw, the summer palace etc.,etc., of course as I am sure you already are aware it is a hectic holiday, but the sights just outweigh all of that.

Patsy I know you had concerns with your age I am 67 and there were people I would say well into the seventies, on the greatwall you only had to do what you fealt you could manage, there was one day I had a problem with my foot, and sat in the park until the rest of the party returned.

We did have a little hicup before we left heathrow, we had a problem with the tour-manager who could not come due to illness, but when we arrived at Bejeing we were met by Alan who was appointed as our tour-manager, and all I can say he was brilliant, and looked after us all as if we were his own family, and I know I speak for everyone in our party on that point. "Justyou" dont let him go he is an absalute asset to your company, definately manager material.so patsy as long as you are fairly fit and healthy I would say go for it now if you leave it any longer I think you may regret it.

Well ladies sorry to have gone on a little hope you both have a wonderful holiday, I know barby you have booked and you wont regret it.

regards

Joyce1