Locks
  • (Member)
(Member)
No need for walking boots as you're on the minivan for the safari. I took some little lace-ups but equally could have worn open toed flats. For the safari I took shorts, cropped pants, sleeveless T-shirts and short sleeved blouse as cover-up. Didn't really feel that cool early morning or evening. You do get quite dusty and hot so take wet wipes.There's a pool at the Lodge so take swim wear. At the beach hotel you are expected to cover up in the dining room but I did find the room and bar area very warm so take light stuff for the evening. You don't need beach towels in Mombasa as the hotel provides them. Take Immodium as quite a few of us got stomach upsets.
Jan54
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Anybody. I have just booked the Kenya Safari for 28th October - my first Just You holiday and wondered if anyone else is going on this trip. I will be travelling from West Yorkshire and will probably fly from Manchester to Heathrow. Anyone else doing the same, would love to hear from you. Also what do you take clothing wise and money wise. Am hoping to do extra excursion of dolphin hunting on dhow and also hot air balloon trip but at the moment I'm feeling quite nervous!! Thanks Janet
francey
(Member)
Hi Locks

many thanks for the tips.

Might re address my pile of clothes that I have sorted for the trip.

Glad about the boots, did not want to take them !!

Have already bought some kaolie and morphine from boots in case of the squitters !!!!!!

Sandra