candyjack
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, love to hear from anyone going to Kenya in Oct 09
anjie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I have just booked for October 09....how exciting. Not been on holiday on my own before so a bit nervous!!!
foxy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi anjie and candyjack, I am booked on the tour departing 30th sept is that the one you are on?this is my first long haul holiday on my own and have never flown from heathrow before so that will be an experience just getting there from the west country!
Toffud
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I'm booked on the September trip - can't wait. Like yourselves, first time travelling alone, never been to heathrow before. Excited and nervous (and terrified about the vaccinations!!)
Sfuels
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I am booked to go to Kenya in Oct. Must admit looking forward to it. Any one booked for the extension?

ronnie09
(Member)
Hi yes have just booked Kenya in October and have booked extra 5 nights.
ronnie09
(Member)
Hi yes have just booked Kenya in October and have booked extra 5 nights.

Ronnie

anjie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I'm not booked on the extension. Not sure whether to book additional trips now or wait till I get there. Anyone travelling from Lincolnshire?
TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just booked for 28 October, haven't done the extension as not enough hols left.
Sfuels
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just had a look at the places we are staying. They look fantastic can't wait. Looking forward to hearing what the others say when they return from the first trip.

Any one travelling from Merseyside?

KaziDon
(Member)
Hi, I booked this trip last week and am traveling from North Wales, so not far from you in Merseyside, was thinking of getting the BMI shuttle down from Manchester.
Sfuels
  • (Member)
(Member)
Trouble with flying down is you are only allowed one bag of 20kg while with Kenya Airways you are allowed 2 bags. I was thinking about using National Express.
Tee
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ronnie Tee here well I came back from Kenya last wednesday and I have to say you are in for a real treat, it was amazing, and doing the extra 5 days is well worth doing as you will need a rest. The people are great and the wildlife is brill, only got one mosquito bite!

Any questions give us a shout. After the Safari we went to Hellar park in Mombasa 5 mins from Hotel, we fed Giraffes and meet a 120 year old tortoise!

pat770
  • (Member)
(Member)
The holiday was fantastic.As Tina said Heller parc is definately worth a visit. They have hippos waterbuck and crocodiles as well as the giraffes. also many monkeys.Great place for close up photos.

i took some travellers cheques but was only able to change them at the hotel. Banks don't do it anymore.Also if you use credit card look out for hefty 8% tax added.There is a bank virtually next door to hotel which has an ATM.

Hope you all enjoy as much as I did.

DD
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, Tee and Pat, great to hear the trip was fantastic, i am booked to go in june, cant wait. love to know about the little things like what sort of money did you take and use and did you really need a seperate bag for first and second part of hol. first time for me travelling alone so very nervous hope theyre all friendly 🙂. Dawn
KirstyLou
(Member)
Hi there, need a bit of help !! Doing the safari trip at the end of April. Was wondering how long approx. did it take for you to get from the plane to bus stop, about to book my National Express bus and wondering which time/bus to catch back. Thanks in advance, Kirsty.
ronnie09
(Member)
Thanks Tee,

Glad you injoyed your trip i have now rebooked to go in October,what extra trips did you go on? i am taking Kenya shillings and dollars,as the dollars i have left over i will use next years holiday, also how long was the flight and did you all sit together?

Tee
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All , I took one suitcase and put a rucksack inside which had my Safari stuff in it. Then when I got to the airport I pulled the Rucksack out and took on Safari and the suitcase went to the travellers beach for the second part of hols. Dollars & schilling are best. its an 8 hr flight then another 1hr from Nairobi to moi. I sat on my own... window seat was good and plus we had loads of space as plane was not fully booked. The kids love pens & pads and of course sweets and any old t`shirts. You will get the beach boys asking for shampoo when you leave as they do struggle a bit out there so I gave them what I could. If you go to the beach say hi to Samson & Yankee and of course Levi who arranges excurions he wheres a yellow t`shirts and will be around the hotel he took us snorkelling & to school / Orphanage with lunch at place called the moorings in Mtwapa. Im so jealous I wish I could go again!!
paula77
(Member)
Hi there! I havr just booked Kenya for 7 oct 09 and the add on. Anyone else going on this date? Im looking forward to it. I travelled with just you to Australia last year and it was amazing. It was my first time travelling alone and it was great so theres nothing to worry about. Just enjoy!! Would like to hear from anyone going to Kenya.

Paula

ronnie09
(Member)
Hi ,Paula,

are you sure its the 7th Oct as book says 30th of Sept or 28th of Oct.

ronnie09