Pattie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone

I have just booked on the 3 March 2010 trip to Kenya with extension, would love to hear from anyone else who has booked this holiday. This will be my first holiday with Just You so obviously am a little nervous.

Pattie 🙂

laura24
(Member)
Hi, I'm going on this holiday too but aren't doing the extension as I wasn't able to get that much time off work. I'm very excited! This will be my first JY holiday too-it should be really good!

Laura

maryg
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI I AM ALSO BOOKED ON THIS HOLIDAY WITH THE EXTRA DAYS MY FIRST WITH JY BUT HAVE BEEN AWAY ON MY OWN BEFORE.REALY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

MARYG

pat770
  • (Member)
(Member)
i did this holiday March this year. it was fantastic. you will love it.
laura24
(Member)
Has anyone booked in for their vaccinations yet? I've just realised the final balance is due soon as well!
maryg
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI LAURA JUST PAID MY THE BALANCE WAS TOLD THERE ARE 15 GOING. TIME WILL GO QUICKLY NOW WE ARE IN THE NEW YEAR. LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU.

MARY G

laura24
(Member)
Hi everyone, I phoned up to pay my final balance tonight and found out there are 15 of us going all together. I can't believe that it's only 8 weeks on Wednesday!
Mary G
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi there are 15 going on the 14 day trip and 15 on the 10day making 30 altogether.

tour manager is BARBARA JANE ESTLAKE

MARY G

laura24
(Member)
Hi, has anyone had their vaccinations yet?

Laura

Pattie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Laura

I have already had my vacinations, actually had them in September last year as I was due to go on the 7th October trip but had to cancel last minute. I didn't have any problems with them at all, just have to get my Malarone Malaria tablets. I will be travelling from Birmingham International via National Express to Heathrow, is anyone else going from that area? Can't wait only a month to go, eeek how exciting.

Pattie 🙂

laura24
(Member)
I'm going from Stoke on National Express. I'm having my yellow fever jab on friday and have got to pick my malaria tablets up. Were there any other vaccinations that were recommended to you?

I can't believe it's only a month until we go, how exciting!

Sharon8
(Member)
Hi my name is Sharon, I cannot wait to go to Kenya, it seemed ages ago when I booked, now its not long away at all.I have had some jabs, and having my Yellow Fever this week.
laura24
(Member)
What currency are other people taking with them? Does anyone know approx how much spending money we will need?

Laura

Mary G
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everbody not long now just got my visa

back, had all my jabs.

I will be travelling from Poole on national coaches.I am looking forward to meeting everybody. Very excited.

Mary G

Sammyjo
(Member)
Hi all

Just come back from Kenya. It was my first trip with Just You thoroughly enjoyed it. You will have a fantastic time it was amazing seeing all the animals in there natural habitat and met some really nice people. I took £300 spending and did extended stay and came back with a bit of change. I am sure you will all have a fantastic time. Enjoy

Sam

san2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Mary & Co

I went to Kenya last June the barbara was our tour leader. She is very good, she is a teacher.

This makes her good at doing this job, she will keep a good eye on you all and make sure none of you get lost or are left behind.

Tell Her I said hello and Moyra and Jean too.

Tell her the pink lady fitted in well, when we went to Haller park after Barbara left with the non extension group. Our guide used her for spotting practice !

You will have a great time.

Couple of tips.

Take a torch for getting to bed at the lodge. Don't take a hair dryer they have them at reception at the lodge and in your room at the hotel.

san2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Laura

We took Kenyan schillings, american dollars and sterling. No travelers cheques. Tend not to like these.

The amount you need depends on how long you staying at the hotel and how many extra trips you want and how many presents you want to buy.

At the lodge the only thing you need money for is your drinks - gifts and tips.

Barbara will clue you in on the tips.

Pattie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all

Just ordered my Anti-Malaria tablets on-line definately the cheapest way to do it, quoted £75 from Sainsbury's pharmacy and got them for £56.25 from Travelpharm.com.

I read somewhere from a previous traveller that Kenya Shilling are the best to take especially for the safari days, as they do not have the facility to exchange travellers cheques and cards.

Only 3 weeks now and counting; I have started putting clothes etc., out on the spare bed but will of course have to do a serious 'cull' prior to the final packing. I'm taking two cases (squashy sort) small one for the safari and a larger one for the hotel and beach stay. I read that somewhere as well. Very useful hints from previous travellers on the Community Page.

Keep in touch; see you all soon.

Pattie 🙂

laura24
(Member)
Hi everybody, has anyone had their visa back? I havn't had mine yet and I am starting to worry a bit about it now, just wondering if anyone else is waiting for theirs.

Laura

Pattie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Laura

Hope your Visa has come through by now; I actually had mine last September as I was due to do the October trip. I did have a nightmare because my passport went missing enroute to Just You but they notified me straight away and when replacement passport was sent they were very quick getting the Visa back to me, contact the Visa Team they will reassure you.

Only just over a week to go, can you believe it. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the airport lounge.

Pattie 🙂