Onwards
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
I am going on the Rockies Winter Wonderland in Feb 24

I'm braving a solo with travelspere as JY haven't got it at the moment 

Anyone done this at anytime?

Problem with insurance for snow shoeing. To get cover I am being quoted £300 extra for a 2 hour snowshoeing trip. 

Has anyone managed to get travel insurance at a reasonable price please? 

SkyRokker
(Newbie)
Hello.  I have booked this trip for January 2025 with TravelSphere since waited a long time for JY to offer it.  I get annual travel insurance so will find out how much it will cost when I renew my policy.  I usually shop around.  I did a Finland trip in February this year and luckily all winter activities was covered in the annual insurance I had at that time.  Have a nice trip and lots of fun.
Kind regards

Jaya

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Onwards,

I did this tour back in 2018 with JY. The Travelsphere version looks very similar except for a change of hotel in Jasper. The Mount Royal in Banff was closed when I went, due to repairs following a fire, but it's situated on the main street (Banff Avenue) in Banff which is a beautiful town. Make sure you visit the Banff Springs hotel, a short walk from the town centre itself, during your free time. Lake Louise is often described as 'the most beautiful place in Canada' and I can't disagree - a stay at the iconic Chateau is one of the highlights of this tour and I guarantee that you won't want to leave. The Rockies themselves are spectacular in their winter white coat so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Regarding insurance for snowshoeing, £300 seems an extortionate amount of money. Remember this is an optional excursion and you don't go very far, to be honest - I did this when I was at Lake Louise and while it's good fun it's certainly not worth paying that sort of money to participate.

Anyway, have a great time and enjoy this incredible landscape. The Winter Rockies still remains one of my favourite tours to this day.

All the best

Mike

Onwards
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks for the advice. Very useful.

The problem seems to be insurance is for skis and every bit of winter equipment imaginable. Certainly won't be doing the trip at that price. I'll see what happens when I get there. 

i imagine lots of people have done this without insurance.

thank you.