Julia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Christmas has come early here at JYHQ and the brand new brochures have arrived.

Will and his team have (as always) been working hard to make sure there are a couple of extra special treats in there since the last brochure....

We know a number of you want to cruise - so how about a relaxing cruise in the Adriatic? I'll let the details be a surprise but you'll undoubtedly see some stunning scenery aboard a brand new ship chartered for Just You travellers.

For those foodies amongst you - you'll find not one but two fantastic culinary trips to Italy. From Parma Ham to Tuscan Chianti, there is certainly something for you to savour on these tours!

I look forward to hearing what you all think when Mr(s) Postie delivers your copy just after Christmas.

Merry Christmas,

Julia

the_baron1
(Member)
Sorry Julia, No cruises for me after being a sailor for 35 years. Looking forward to the new brochure though!

Eric

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Looking forward to the new brochure as I've nearly worn out the present one!

Best wishes,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
no to a cruise from me as well...after a very dodgy experience many years ago in Kenya, I only go on water if I HAVE to. The sea as a whole scares me rigid.

I await the new brochure, but it will be 2016...animals I hope...

Cindy

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
Anything new during school holidays? He asked wistfully....
Bosuncat
(Member)
Adriatic Cruise? Oh cool! I can dream!
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Never been on a cruise so that sounds good. Do love my food too and I have been to Italy so shall look forward to seeing what that entails 🙂 Roll on after Christmas.

Jan

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Like Cindy no cruises for me. I am not scared of water or sea, but the sea does not like me! I still would like to do the Nile Cruise as I think I will be okay on the river.

Jaya

DavidG
(Member)
Helloo Jaya,

My wife and I went on a lot of cruises and large modern boats are fully stabilised and had very few problems - you cannot be a worse sailor than me!

The Nile cruise was the first JY holiday alone and I can assure you that, unless you look out the window, you would not even know you are moving.

Go for it.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi David

Perhaps I will be brave enough to try one sea cruise in the future. Sometimes they are quite tempting!

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all, I would like to try a cruise when I am a bit older but wouldn't like to go on my own so a JY cruise could be very tempting a few years down the road!

Cheers,

Bob

Avocet64
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Will and his team have (as always) been working hard to make sure there are a couple of extra special treats in there since the last brochure....

We know a number of you want to cruise - so how about a relaxing cruise in the Adriatic? I'll let the details be a surprise but you'll undoubtedly see some stunning scenery aboard a brand new ship chartered for Just You travellers.

For those foodies amongst you - you'll find not one but two fantastic culinary trips to Italy. From Parma Ham to Tuscan Chianti, there is certainly something for you to savour on these tours!

I look forward to hearing what you all think when Mr(s) Postie delivers your copy just after Christmas.

Merry Christmas,

Julia

Hi Julia

Wow that was quick, have I missed Christmas!! Postie just dropped the new brochure through the door, (8.40 am 24th Dec), haven't had time to browse as just about to brave the the last minute Christmas shop but will enjoy a peek with a glass of mulled wine tonight. Would like to take the opportunity to wish you and everyone at JY and all those on the forum a Very Happy Christmas and Best Wishes and Happy Holidays for 2015.

Avocet

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Avocet64' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Merry Christmas,

Julia

Hi Julia

Wow that was quick, have I missed Christmas!! Postie just dropped the new brochure through the door, (8.40 am 24th Dec), haven't had time to browse as just about to brave the the last minute Christmas shop but will enjoy a peek with a glass of mulled wine tonight. Would like to take the opportunity to wish you and everyone at JY and all those on the forum a Very Happy Christmas and Best Wishes and Happy Holidays for 2015.

Avocet

Hi Avocet - it seems some copies of the new brochure have started landing a little earlier than expected (an early Christmas present ??? 🙂 ). Thank you, Avocet - and a happy Christmas and New Year to you too.

Tim

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
My copy was an early Christmas present too :P

I have looked at the cruise, as it does not stop in Dubrovnik then I am not going for it. The flavours of Tuscany though is right up my street :thumbup: Looking at 8th October as not sure what is happening in June and July.

Jan

Bosuncat
(Member)
Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Don't worry Bosuncat, it does take a bit of time for all of the brochures to arrive to all of our travellers. If you still haven't received it next week, let me know and we'll get a second copy in the post to you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Don't worry Bosuncat, it does take a bit of time for all of the brochures to arrive to all of our travellers. If you still haven't received it next week, let me know and we'll get a second copy in the post to you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia. I am sure that it will appear within the next couple of days.

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hello Julia

I am very pleased to say that for once my brochure has arrived without asking - so many holidays and so little time and money!!

I've made an initial selection for the next year....

Thanks

Sylvia

Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sylvia,

Great news!

Can I ask..... what's tempted you at first glance?

Kindest regards,

Julia

Littlepaul66
(Member)
Hi Julia

My brochure arrived on Xmas Eve as well and has caused a few problems for me. More holidays to choose making the decision harder.

Thanks to JY I have fallen in love with the USA and after doing Route 66 in 2012 I have since been back by myself to Orlando and also going again next May. I'm now thinking of going back again in September on 1 of your tours but which one?

The Big Texan Adventure (15th September )

America's Historic Trail ( 3rd or 24th September )

Florida ( 23rd September from Manchester )

Can you tell me how many bookings there are for each of these tours as that may help me decide which one to do.

Thanks

Paul