AbbaDave
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Guys and all us jolly excited folk heading for Borneo next May, I have been on the Premier Inn website tonight Bath Road LHR and for those who were thinking of booking overnight accommodation for the 18th May PI have just added saver rooms currently at £49 so in case they don't come down any lower I have purchased my room and Diane's ( DINA ) for the stop over, these rooms were £95 the other day and £102 before that

hope this information helps

all the best

Dave

jacq27
(Member)
Thanks Dave,

I have got online and booked my room! Have been checking every other day but thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to meeting everyone in May.

Jacqueline

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave,

Cheers for the info! I spotted that and booked this morning, plus the breakfast!

See you there,

Bob

Bosuncat
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

Hi Guys and all us jolly excited folk heading for Borneo next May, I have been on the Premier Inn website tonight Bath Road LHR and for those who were thinking of booking overnight accommodation for the 18th May PI have just added saver rooms currently at £49 so in case they don't come down any lower I have purchased my room and Diane's ( DINA ) for the stop over, these rooms were £95 the other day and £102 before that

all the best

Dave

Hi Dave.

Is this the big PI? I stayed there in September pre Istrian Coast. Great place and the food is decent. Good on you for getting them at that price. It's a matter of getting them when you see them!!

:thumbup:

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

all the best

Dave

Hello Dave,

Many thanks, very helpful: is this the one shown as being situated on "Shepiston Lane"?

Jim

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jim, I'm not sure about it - it's official address is 15 Bath Road but beware I understand there is another PI on Bath Road!!

Cheers,

Bob

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Jim, I'm not sure about it - it's official address is 15 Bath Road but beware I understand there is another PI on Bath Road!!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks. I've stayed in the one at 15 Bath Road, it's very comfortable.

Funny, I looked there and couldn't see the cheap rooms: perhaps they have all been snapped up by excited Borneo travellers 🙂. I'll keep looking . . .

Jim

PS - Yes, I think there's also one at 400-and-something, but I've never been there.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

You all are going to have a pre-flight party at the Premier Inn the night before we fly! I have decided to get the coach on the day, albeit it will be an early one.

Jaya

AbbaDave
(Member) (Topic Starter)
no its the one at 15 Bath Road that we want the other is two and a half miles away, i see the saver rooms have gone now just hope they come back for anyone else wanting to book that night
AbbaDave
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Dave,

Cheers for the info! I spotted that and booked this morning, plus the breakfast!

See you there,

Bob

Hi Bob so you booked bfast may do so later, what do you do for evening meal just pick on the night, cheers

Dave

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

'BGray' wrote:

Hi Dave,

See you there,

Bob

Hi Bob so you booked bfast may do so later, what do you do for evening meal just pick on the night, cheers

Dave

Dave

I think there's a "meal deal" for dinner then full breakfast. As I recall, this is offered when you go to the restaurant in the evening.

Jim

Bosuncat
(Member)
The big PI(and it is BIG!) at Number 15 Bath Road also has a 24 hr Costa Coffee. I booked the meal deal when I booked as an extra. 2 courses for evening meal plus a drink and then unlimited breakfast. I think you may be able to book it as an extra when you get there though. Other than that you will be able to eat in the restaurant from another menu. I know when I was there that there were quite a few people doing this and seemed very satisfied with what they were getting. The restaurant gets very busy! I would guess that if you were eating "off meal deal" that you would pay extra for your breakfast in the morning.

Presuming that you are going from Terminal 2 or 3 this is the one that you want. The other PI is right at the other end of Bath Road and is used mainly for Terminal 5.

Of course you can always go to the 3 Magpies for a meal! I think (although I am not sure) that is a good walk from the BIG PI but I am not an expert. Mick W introduced me to everything I needed to know about Heathrow and the free bus routes etc. :thumbup:

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All,

I've been looking at Singapore Airlines website, and just so you are aware, they state that it can take 25 minutes to get from Security to the airline gate! I seem to remember it was a long walk when I was in Terminal 2 last year when I went to Canada - luckily I managed to get a lift on a buggy (limping, pre hip op!).

We will have to check in at 0825, so make sure you have your excellent Premier Inn breakfast early! It's worth it!

Cheers,

Hils

AbbaDave
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

The big PI(and it is BIG!) at Number 15 Bath Road also has a 24 hr Costa Coffee. I booked the meal deal when I booked as an extra. 2 courses for evening meal plus a drink and then unlimited breakfast. I think you may be able to book it as an extra when you get there though. Other than that you will be able to eat in the restaurant from another menu. I know when I was there that there were quite a few people doing this and seemed very satisfied with what they were getting. The restaurant gets very busy! I would guess that if you were eating "off meal deal" that you would pay extra for your breakfast in the morning.

Presuming that you are going from Terminal 2 or 3 this is the one that you want. The other PI is right at the other end of Bath Road and is used mainly for Terminal 5.

Of course you can always go to the 3 Magpies for a meal! I think (although I am not sure) that is a good walk from the BIG PI but I am not an expert. Mick W introduced me to everything I needed to know about Heathrow and the free bus routes etc. :thumbup:

Thanks for these tips Elaine, it is Elaine i'm guessing as Diane has mentioned you many times, very helpful indeed, Dave

AbbaDave
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'jayli' wrote:

'AbbaDave' wrote:

'BGray' wrote:

Hi Dave,

See you there,

Bob

Dave

Dave

I think there's a "meal deal" for dinner then full breakfast. As I recall, this is offered when you go to the restaurant in the evening.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I hope the saver rooms return and that you get one

see you in May, regards Dave

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elaine

If there are a few of us travelling to Heathrow the day before we go to Borneo but not all staying in the same hotel, possibly we could do a post like Mick's about meeting at the Three Magpies that evening.

It's early days yet for that though.

Hope that you are enjoying retirement, your two pets and holidays.Am thinking you may have booked Dubrovnik? I would like to do that tour, but not next year as Borneo booked.

Best wishes

Di (pal from Slovenia)

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Elaine

If there are a few of us travelling to Heathrow the day before we go to Borneo but not all staying in the same hotel, possibly we could do a post like Mick's about meeting at the Three Magpies that evening.

It's early days yet for that though.

Hope that you are enjoying retirement, your two pets and holidays.Am thinking you may have booked Dubrovnik? I would like to do that tour, but not next year as Borneo booked.

Best wishes

Di (pal from Slovenia)

Hi Di.

Always a pleasure to hear from you. :thumbup: Yes I am going to Dubrovnik. 🙂

Bosuncat
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Thanks for these tips Elaine, it is Elaine i'm guessing as Diane has mentioned you many times, very helpful indeed, Dave

Yes that's me Dave. :thumbup: And for the plane spotters amongst you the car park at the big PI is right against one of the runways. Some brilliant views of the planes coming in.

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hils

Thank you for the tip about gate distance. I will go with the flow regarding a big brekky at the PI.Could have a breakfast after check in anyway.Think I read somewhere that we will have executive lounge access, in which case anyone who doesn't want breakfast could just eat the nibbles provided in the executive lounge.

Looking forward to this holiday, meeting up with you and everyone else

Kind regards

Di

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone,

I've booked the 4* Park Inn with car parking for the duration of the holiday through Holiday Extras as a 'mystery hotel' for £105. According to Google Maps its only a 5 minute walk to The Three Magpies from the hotel, so I'll be pleased to see anyone there for a meal on the evening of the 18th.

I'll be using the Hoppa Bus service to get to Terminal 2 the following morning.

Cheers

Mike