mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose,

There is a free bus service (Bath Road is in the Heathrow Free Fare zone) from the central coach/bus station at Heathrow that stops outside the PI. You have a choice of 3 buses; 105, 111 and 140, all of which run along the Bath Road.

I can't advise regarding the underground, but I have used the free bus service when I stayed at the PI last year. Perhaps someone else can advise on trains?

Hope this helps.

Mike

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
There is a free bus service along the Bath Road if you have a Senior Citizens Bus Pass, otherwise I don't think it is free (I may be wrong). Take it to the Central Bus Station and then follow the signs for the Underground - there isn't another nearer the hotel. If you take the Hoppa from the hotel, get off at Terminal 2 and go to the Underground that way (bus stops 9 or 10 coming back). Do bear in mind, Rose, that Heathrow is a considerable distance away from the centre of London and it will take time to get in on the underground. I don't think Knightsbridge is on the same line as Heathrow so you would need to change and if you tried to do it in the rush hour (which is almost all the time) you'd be exhausted by the end of the day.

As for a taxi, all I can say is that when I lived in London taxis were very expensive and, given the distance, the cost would be horrendous.

Whatever you decide to do, though, have a lovely holiday.

Ann

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose (and Mike)

From the Heathrow Central bus station, take the Piccadilly underground line (dark blue on the tube map and directly beneath the bus station). It will take you straight through to Knightsbridge with no changes in less than half an hour. It's a zone 6 to zone 1 journey but will be much quicker and cheaper than getting a cab.

Not long to Rapa Nui for you now, Mike!

All the best

Mandy

Barb W
(Member)
Hi Rose,

If you decide to take the Piccadilly Line to Knightsbridge, on the way back you need to look out for the Heathrow Terminals 1-3 train. Avoid any that have Uxbridge, Rayners Lane or Terminal 4 on them.

Barb